Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Zone is the Mobian term for other dimensions and universes besides the Prime Zone. Both Mobian science and mysticism have been successful at enabling other-dimensional travel, so travel to zones and visitors from zones, while not common, are not considered unusual.
The various zones discovered can be divided into two categories: Pocket zones and alternate zones.
A pocket zone is another dimension with different physical properties and characteristics than Mobius Prime. They are called "pocket zones" because all the ones discovered so far are smaller than Mobius Prime (however, given that Mobius Prime is an universe with multiple galaxies, a pocket zone can still be very large). Various pocket zones can be reached via portal, technology or by using magic or magical items such as Chaos Emeralds. Some famous pocket zones include the Twilight Cage and the Special Zone (formerly the Zone of Silence). Pocket zones have been used as both places of banishment and confinement as well as safe havens, such as the various pocket zones Hawking created and sent both the Echidnas and Dingoes to in order to keep them safe from harmful radiation. (StH: #43, KtE: #3, #5, #18)
An alternate zone is a parallel universe with the same physical properties as Mobius Prime, but with a different history. Alternate zones can be very similar to Mobius Prime (such as Moebius, which seemingly has a counterpart of every resident of Mobius Prime) or quite different (like Sol Zone, which is populated by Mobians, but none of them appear to be counterparts of anyone from Mobius Prime). Alternate zones can also be accessed by various means, but the most reliable is the Cosmic Interstate. Collectively, all of the alternate zones are sometimes called the multiverse.
- For regional zones, see Mobius for a complete list.
The term zone is also used in various place names on Mobius, such as the segments of Angel Island with dramatically different climates. In this context, it just means 'area' or 'region'. When Dr. Eggman temporally changed reality during Operation: Clean Sweep, there were many places named "Zone" on Mobius. (StH: #226 - #229, KMS: #1, CSE)
Alternate Reality Zones
Named Alternate Zones
- Another Time in Another Place
- Discovery Zone
- Earth 20XX (located outside of Sonics multiverse)
- Luna Zone
- Mobius Prime
- No Zone
- Planet Freedom
- Sentai Zone
- Sol Zone
- Underground Zone
Unnamed Alternate Zones
- Alternate Mobius where Cyborg Sonic originates from
- Alternate Mobius where Freedom Fighters are giant monsters
- Arabian universe
- Medieval universe
- Prehistoric universe
- Sonic X universe
- Image Comics Zone (located outside of Sonics multiverse)
Alternate Future Zones
- Dark Mobius
- Light Mobius
- Future Mobius where NICOLE and Dr. Eggman originate from
- Future Mobius with the Freedom Fighters of the Galaxy
Named Pocket Zones
- Collision Chaos Zone
- Flicky Zone
- Hall of Limbo
- Maginary World
- Mirror Zone
- Negative Zone
- Neutral Zone
- Special Zone (formerly known as the Zone of Silence)
- Stardust Speedway Zone
- Unknown Zone
- Twilight Cage (also called the Twilight Zone)
- Virtual Zone
- Skull Egg Zone
Unnamed Pocket Zones
- Zone which Echidnaopolis was sent to by the Hyper-wave Projector
- Zone which the Dingoes and their city was sent to by the Hyper-wave Projector
- Pocket Zone where Super Sonic and Hyper Knuckles fought
- In response to a fan query regarding whether or not the futures from which NICOLE and Dr. Eggman originated were the same, writer Ian Flynn stated that: That's up for debate, honestly. There's room to take it in both directions. For the sake of simplicity, I'd consider it the same. This way we're only dealing with three futures (Eggman/Nicole's, MxYL, Silver's) rather than four.  This assessment did not bring up Jani-Ca's native future, which was later reintroduced as Dark Mobius.
- Writer Ian Flynn says that he is against reusing any characters or concepts that are blatant parodies of movies/TV shows/other media, meaning that several characters and zones are unlikely to appear again in the canon comic series.