- Witchcart redirects here; you may be looking for the Witchcarters.
This article contains information shared from Sonic News Network. It is highly recommended that at least some of this information be rewritten or changed overtime for the sake of originality and uniqueness. Please be sure to create an External Link to the SNN article the info was from to credit the original authors. Also note that some information on SNN articles may have originated from this wiki.
Wendy Naugus is a Troll witch and the twin sister of Walter Naugus, the former Royal Wizard of the Kingdom of Acorn. She commands a group of minions known as the Witchcarters, and is currently an Egg Boss of the Egg Army.
At some point Wendy and her minions had seized control of an island and its inhabitants, with Wendy herself threatening to turn any dissenters into crystal. Sometime after this, Wendy assisted her twin brother Walter Naugus successfully kidnap Dr. Eggman and Sonic the Hedgehog in the Egg Storm Chamber and hauled them back to the island. However, Miles "Tails" Prower had stumbled upon the island and began his task of liberating the inhabitants from the rule of the cruel witch while searching for his friend Sonic. One by one Tails defeated Wendy's minions before encountering the crone in her Dark Castle base. Despite Wendy's magical ability and having the aid of her brother Walter, she was ultimately thwarted by the young fox and the island's inhabitants were freed from her tyranny. (VG: TSP, SU: #83, #84)
Sometime later, Wendy, her brother Walter, and her minions invaded Eggmanland shortly after it became fully operational as a refinery for Dark Gaia energy. In response, Dr. Eggman gathered his various Egg Bosses and formed them into a team to challenge the magicians and reclaim the facility. After the confrontation, Wendy was left at the mercy of Eggman who decides to make her an Egg Boss of his Egg Army. Her first assignment was to find a special conch that he had somehow lost from his inventory. (StH: #276; SU: #83, #86)
Wendy is a crazy mischief-maker and takes pleasure in the misfortune of others. She has cowardly tendencies as well, as she quickly changed sides when faced with Eggman's wrath. She appears to have a crush on Eggman, much to his dismay. Despite possessing powerful magic, Wendy is a tech enthusiast, and has made dealings with Eggman in the past by offering to trade ancient trinkets for advanced technology. Unlike her brother Walter, Wendy clams she's never been interested in conquest, despite once ruling over an island with an iron fist. She also looks out for her brother for the reason that they're family, although she's willing to abandon him if she's backed into a corner.
Wendy possesses Crystalmancy, which allows her to encase her opponents in crystal and control any crystallized robots within range. Wendy can also shapeshift and control the minds of anyone with a weak will or weak mind. Wendy also has a degree of experience using technology. (SU: #85)
Wendy looks like a slimmer, female version of her brother, though somewhat more human in appearance. She wears a witch's hat, cape, and has a claw where her right hand should be. Like her brother, Wendy also has a long tail, pointed ears, and a horn on her head that is hidden under her hat. She also has medium-long white hair, except around her horn.
- Wendy is based on the main antagonist of Tails' Skypatrol, who was known simply as Witchcart; the name Wendy is an appellation that appears to have originated within the fandom. Her introduction into the comics was theorized by fans after it was revealed that Ixis Naugus' new name of Walter was intended to be alliterative with new relatives that would be introduced.
- It seems that although Sonic characters adapted from the video games can no longer have relatives originating from outside the video game series, Wendy is allowed to have one possibly because she has long fallen into disuse by Sega and as such is irrelevant to the current game continuity.
- It is also possible that, due to the extensive liberties taken when being adapted for the comic, that Wendy could technically be considered an original creation and thus not subject to the same regulations as other characters from the games.
- Wendy Naugus at Sonic News Network