Hi, welcome to Mobius Encyclopaedia! Thanks for your edit to the Sonic Archives page.
Please add a full summary for all the images you have uploaded, and will upload in the future. If you don't know how to make one, simply go to another image, press edit, (but don't save), and alter the summary there to rightly describe your image.Fairfieldfencer FFF 10:06, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
- I've told you this once already. Make me do it again, and I'll enforce this rule with a banning. Add a summary to the Sonic comic cover images you uploaded the moment you get this message. I know when you're on this website thanks to an admin-exclusive feature that lets me keep check on you.Fairfieldfencer 05:38, July 17, 2010 (UTC)
I really don't know my way around the wikia, so I apologize for that. I just know how to edit things to some degree. What exactly do I need to do, and how do I do it? I don't remember being told anything, either, but that's probably because I don't know how to check for things like that.
By the way, the only reason I saw these messages was because I looked under activity feed, hoping to find an article I made that is no longer there. I have never seen any messages you or anyone else sent me before today. How do I check these things?
UPDATE: After searching for the images (I finally noticed "New pictures" on the left side), I found my two uploads and tried editing like you said. I think I did it correctly. Just so that there is no confusion, like I said earlier, I am new to this. Even though I have been editing for a long time, there is still so much that I don't understand about wikias. Sorry for the misunderstanding, and I hope that in the future you can continue to aid me on how to do things around here correctly. I just noticed earlier the "My Talk" at the top of the page throughout all of this. I guess I can use it to talk to you?
By the way, what happened to my update for Sonia the Hedgehog? I thought that what I did was helping.
Oh, I see. Sorry for the inconvenience.
My scanner is down at the moment. If you have the time, could you please upload a better version of T-Pup on to this file? It doesn't have to be this picture specifically, I just want an image of him that's bigger and in better quality.Fairfieldfencer FFF 12:15, August 24, 2010 (UTC)
Sorry for the late reply. Was that sent to me or to everyone? Also, what is the situation with the two Robo Robotniks and the articles that I made? Diamonddeath 11:12 PM, September, 19, 2010
- Don't worry. My scanner's back up and a good picture of T-Pup comes out in SU: #20. I'll scan when I get it. As for the Robo Robotniks, nothing's set in stone until the Archie Sonic encyclopaedia comes out, which is soon.Fairfieldfencer FFF 10:44, September 20, 2010 (UTC)
Ok, sounds good! Are my articles available to be posted up in that case, or do they have to be made all over again? Also, for future notice, I am a member of the Bumbleking forums with the same username, Diamonddeath. If you need to contact me, and I haven't responded on here, then you can try on there, since I am usually signed in on there more than on here (as of lately). -Diamonddeath 11:12 PM, September, 19, 2010
- Oh, everything that's deleted is still saved so it can be brought back. Well, that's what I think. I'm pretty sure images get removed if they've been deleted long enough.Fairfieldfencer FFF 15:38, September 21, 2010 (UTC)
I believe that the images were take from the official blog, anyway. -Diamonddeath 7:00 PM, September, 22, 2010
Dr. Eggman Picture
no offence, but the last image you uploaded, The main image in Dr Eggman, looks more like the Dr. Eggman from Sonic X Sclera1 10:25, May 15, 2011 (UTC)
- I was thinking that it was from one of the covers, maybe. Anyway, it was from the Official Blog, so that's why I used it. Diamonddeath 10:26, May 15, 2011 (UTC)
Sonic Profile Picture
About Archie Sonic universe 31
Actually the cover is done by Tracy Yardly,and Jim amash not Spaz
Conversation(s) With Arbiter0416
- To answer your first question, any image that has been modified from an issue to look like something different (ex. Blue Amy, Enerjaknuckles with black tights instead of blue, and cropped images, to name a few), is not allowed on this wiki, despite the source on where it comes from. If there are any I missed, I will be going around again to take care of them later on. However, as I stated in my rationale topic on the wiki forum, if Thot Prad says otherwise (you can talk to him on his user page here or at BKC, I believe he is user "Luger" there), then the images can remain. Other than that, I'm taking the normal stance on those types of images.
- On your other question, there is no penalty at all for helping other users with uploading rationales on their images or just helping them in general on how this wiki is run as per the Manual of Style. In fact, I encourage it greatly. Just don't threaten them if they do anything wrong and it's all good. Arbiter0416 01:19, May 30, 2011 (UTC)
- On the Jani-Ca drawing, I already deleted that one. The image you made with the two different Death Eggs, I'm still debating on whether or not that should go too, but for now, it can stay. On character images that have their background edited out, as long as they are from the comic, that is the only sole exception to the rule (for now). Arbiter0416 02:08, May 31, 2011 (UTC)
- There are features on this wiki that enable only users with usernames to make edits (an example is the main page) and admins can also lock pages from being edited should it prove necessary. As for the limited number of edits for unregistered users, that can be a good and bad thing. Many of them mean no harm and only want to help, but at the same time, there's those few that have malicious intent, as in the case of the vandal(s), that attacked here this morning(though they had usernames). I will talk to Thot Prad about this as soon as I can and see if it's possible to put new registration protocols in order and hopefully reduce the number of attacks to a minimum here. Oh, and you're welcome, by the way. Just keep up the good work and maybe one day you can get admin status here. Arbiter0416 20:17, June 5, 2011 (UTC)
- That would be awesome. I like to think in everyone's shoes, and I realized that I was one of those new people who didn't know the rules very well once, too. Unfortunately, there are those with malicious intent and ruin what users like us work so hard to make informative for both new and old readers alike. I still don't know how to do everything correctly on this wiki, but I'm constantly learning. Hopefully, I'll have the skills to at least be a moderator one day. Until then, I love keeping things as perfect as possible on this wiki. In regards to keeping things vandal free, is there maybe a way to make an actual website using this Wiki's setup to support it? This way, whatever happens to this wiki won't have any affect on the partner website. Diamonddeath 20:23, June 5, 2011 (UTC)
- Awesome! Thanks a lot! Also, how did you make that table in the Dark Freedom Fighters from earlier today? Diamonddeath 20:32, June 5, 2011 (UTC)
- Oh, I simply went back to the article's history and went back to the edit before the vandal attack and made the template reappear. Easy fix. Arbiter0416 20:38, June 5, 2011 (UTC)
- Oh, I see. I think you may have went a little too far back, though, because there were other edits after that such as all of the "Official Blogs" being known as "ASUB" instead, unless I'm confusing it with a different article. Regardless, thanks for the help! Diamonddeath 20:40, June 5, 2011 (UTC)
To answer your question about the front page, since the recent vandal attacks, the access has been changed to where only sysops/admins can edit the front page now. Arbiter0416 10:45, June 21, 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry about the late reply, but to answer your question, the security change on the front page is permanent (for the time being). Like I said, if you continue to do great work on this wiki, we'll see about recommending more privileges for you. But for now, just forward any new upcoming release dates to myself or a known sysop/admin on this wiki and we'll take care of it when we can. Arbiter0416 23:48, June 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Hey Diamonddeath, just got your message. Looking over your proposition, I can understand that there are many users who just want to help this wiki out in the best way possible and seeing their ability to contribute getting more reduced each time those spammers plagued the wiki with their offensive material definitely is a terrible blow to those who have done the right thing on upholding the wiki's Manual of Style as well as follow the rules on pic uploading (you being one of those people, of course). However, due to those vandal attacks that have happened in the past month, Thot Prad, the other admins (myself included), as well as staff members of the wikia community, decided on the current course of action in hopes that it will stop those spammers in their tracks.
- Don't be discouraged, though. You can still help out by looking over any articles on this wiki that are in need of work (I'm sure there's still quite a few out there) and in time, when we feel that the spammers have moved on (hopefully for good), we'll consider putting together a group of trustworthy users and possibly grant them sysop privileges so they can upload images for this wiki again. Until then, do what you can for this wiki and I'll see about recommending more privileges for you in the not-too-distant future. Arbiter0416 02:09, July 19, 2011 (UTC)
I'm collaborating with Thot Prad on getting a small group of trusted users together for image uploading privileges. If he agrees to this, I'll be sure to recommend you to be a part of that group. Arbiter0416 03:44, July 28, 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you, sir! What have you been up to? Have you been reading the latest Sonic comics? Diamonddeath 17:32, April 24, 2012 (UTC)
Due to my current sea tour, unfortunately no. I've been checking out the BKC forum to find out the general idea on what's currently happening in the storyline (needed some material to work with when selecting the Featured Article when other users are not putting recommendations or more than one recommendation is placed in the FA candidates page).
On that subject, I gave this some thought, and I think it's time for me to pass the coveted duty of selecting the Featured Article to another admin (for the time being). Would you be interested? Reason being that due to my sea tour, the Internet on the ship is sporadic (goes in and out periodically), and I'm not able to come on here as frequently as I used to. After my tour ends sometime around late July, I should have a little more time to help clean up this site (poorly written article summaries and memorable quotes in the comic articles, to cite some examples).
What is the sea tour? As for the Featured Article, I never really looked up how it worked, so I don't really know the guidelines and whatnot. I would be interested, though. Diamonddeath 21:13, April 24, 2012 (UTC)
Unless I'm confused in where your confusion lays, "sea tour" is a term for people usually enlisted in some naval-related branch of the military. It means Aribter's away on active duty aboard a ship for wherever & however long he is required to be. Sen10elS 21:23, April 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, I see. For some reason I thought he was on vacation or something. My bad. Diamonddeath 00:27, April 25, 2012 (UTC)
So have you decided whether or not you're doing the FA selection? Sen10elS 03:43, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
I would like to help out with it, but I can't commit to being able to take over. If I start doing it and then find I don't have the time, then it'll just continue be at a standstill again, I suppose, so there isn't any harm in taking over or helping out for a little while. Diamonddeath 03:47, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
Sorry Diamonddeath, trying to help you fix your page but still learning about new features and made things a little worse. Merricks 21:04, June 5, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for the help, but what did you do wrong? Diamonddeath 19:04, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
I personally think that it's a better image, don't you agree.
The Wikia Editor, 23:17, June 10, 2011 (UTC)
- It is better in some parts. You can see his face more clearly in it. I think it comes down to Spaz's version being my favorite, so I guess it doesn't matter too much. We should ask some other people what they think about which one should be used. Diamonddeath 21:20, June 12, 2011 (UTC)
- I think the problem is that images that are edited beyond simple cropping (ie. no backgrounds, or altered-blog images) are simply not allowed here if they do not appear that way in an actual issue. There are some exceptions I've seen here to be sure, but they're few and far between. 02:03, June 13, 2011 (UTC)Sen10elS
- After I heard that rule, I've only been editing where necessary such as Al and Cal's most recent appearance in their robotic bodies. I can always upload the original version of the pictures. Should I upload the original version of the same Dr. Robotnik image? Diamonddeath 02:17, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
On this note, the no-background thing is the sole exception (so far) to the "no-modified-images" rule, but it only applies to character images that are used as the main image for their respective articles. Arbiter0416 02:44, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Should I reupload the Al and Cal robot images with the backgrounds? The reason I removed the backgrounds was because it was a flashback type of image and the background looked kind of chaotic with the borders from other panels. Diamonddeath 21:44, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
Hey Diamond. Listen I've been going through a number of articles you've been adding to lately and well..... the summaries for many of them including your recent badnik contributions really aren't too good. You ought to bone up more on the Manual of Style because when you aren't ripping right off of blog entries, your edits are sloppy and have very awkward grammar to say the least. I know you want to help out here, but if you don't start going back and fixing your work on a bunch of these articles by next Sunday, you'll be forcing me to issue a ban for a week or so on you. I really don't want to do this, so please see about fixing your stuff a bit. Thanks! Sen10elS 03:53, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
Ok I'm seeing some improvements, but the heart of the problem is your writing tenses. Look at the earlier sections of those articles and you'll see they have all been written in past tense whereas you start in past tense and switch to present tense one or two sentences later. We need to regard articles of MOST persons, places, and things within the comic as though the events around them already happened a long time ago while articles of the issues themselves are to be written completely in present tense. So basically, go back through those articles and modify them to be written in past tense. Sen10elS 11:24, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
I saw it but the vandal kinda took priority; and right now I'm much more concerned about what you were doing engaging that individual in conversation. You "liked" what he did and "thought they were funny"? I saw that before you edited your talk page and I'm hoping you have a REALLY good explanation for that before I decide to talk to the other administrators.Sen10elS 23:38, July 13, 2011 (UTC)
As you can see, that kind of individual is likely to remain a sick little xenophobic jerk with nothing better to do in his spare time no matter what you may do. I'll let it go this time, but don't make me regret it later on. In regards to the badnik summaries, they're looking much better now. If you could take some time to go back through the Dark Mobius related articles you've worked on and trim some excess clot, that'd be appreciated too. Thanks! Sen10elS 01:03, July 14, 2011 (UTC)
I thought you did the dark Mobius versions of Knuckles and the sword of acorns too for starters? Anyway, I was the one that made all those extra articles based on the husks and prelates that were seen- I just haven't done all of them becuase of blog info on Sally and team dark that will need to be added eventually. Sen10elS 02:07, July 14, 2011 (UTC)
We have a brief article here on Downunda because it was mentioned in-comic as being sunk. GUN had the same mention, so why not do an article for it too? Good way to include Nightfire. Sen10elS 09:36, July 14, 2011 (UTC)
I'm speaking of the SU blog entry on Operation: Nightfire, which you were recorded as having entered into Dark Mobuis Knuckles' article, practically word-for-word as though it was copy-pasted right from the blog itself; just like what it was recorded you did with the blog-centric entries specifically about Jani-Ca & Dark Mobius Knuckles himself. Sen10elS 03:10, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
Sally and Mecha Sally are two distinct and different articles. What happens in the Mecha Sally page should also be on the regular Sally page, but in a MUCH more condensed and concise format. --Sen10elS 01:30, March 19, 2012 (UTC)
- I see. I figured that was the case. Diamonddeath 01:36, March 19, 2012 (UTC)
Hey. Been getting lots of work done I see. Thanks. Think you might have any time to go back over the "King Naugus" section and revise it to all past tense? I might later if I get the time, but the sooner the better. --Sen10elS (talk) 10:13, August 22, 2012 (UTC)
Just something to remember in the future
Never have discussions with known trolls/spammers/vandals. Do not acknowledge them in any way, shape or form. I had a complaint that you were talking to one of the vandals, Dachau4ever, a short while ago before he was banned. Don't engage in this kind of behaviour with vandals again. If you see any vandalism, contact a site mod or admin and we'll deal with it. - Dimitri the Echidna 17:55, July 18, 2011 (UTC)
New Images and Updates
Hey. Yeah for that image of Robotnik running when he was still Julian- the artist is most likely Patrick Spaziante due to the high quality of the work there. It's either from #50 or SSS#6 director's cut. Sen10elS 01:19, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
I would. You're looking at that once scene in particular- not the whole issue. Sen10elS 01:40, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
Where did you get that image? If you had the actual issue or archive reprint, you would realize all of those artists are being credited for doing a few pages each of that story- just like in #125. Sen10elS 03:12, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
Whoa whoa whoa!!!! I wanted to add the Egg Paladin shots, but I didn't want you to get rid of the original ones of what they looked like beforehand!!! Please put 'em back into the profile templates ASAP! That's Spaz's work and too pretty to waste. Plus it's more detailed than Jamal's work which is nice, but still not on the same level. I wanted to put the single shots in the appropriate sections for each article only and the group shot for the group article with the same idea in mind. Sen10elS 22:22, April 17, 2012 (UTC)
Oh, alright. If we're using the older images of them for their profile images, then we need them for the ones that were unnamed until now. I can get them if you'd like. Diamonddeath 22:25, April 17, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you for understanding. And yes, I'd appreciate that very much if you could. Thanks for the help. Sen10elS 22:28, April 17, 2012 (UTC)
You're welcome. Should I see if I can get all of them from that image with a little more room to spare so the images can be brought up to a higher amount of pixels? I'll leave the Egg Paladin versions to you because I'm not sure what you're planning. I put the image of the Egg Paladin team in that section. Did you want them only as individuals? I thought we should put the whole team to match the previous section pictures. We can always put their individual Egg Paladin pictures in the Appearance section. Diamonddeath 22:38, April 17, 2012 (UTC)
Yes, I did want them as individual pictures for that section as we were able to see them separated enough. The problem with the other group shots is that they aren't all that interesting enough to draw attention to one specific member more than the others. I find this problem comparable to the similarity issues with the Destructix members before Scourge's arc. At this point, I'm up for whatever it takes to make the Paladin members more distinct and individualized as well. Sen10elS 22:57, April 17, 2012 (UTC)
I guess the reason for that is because there aren't many uploaded images of them as individuals. I can take a look at the issues they were in and see if there are any good individual shots. Diamonddeath 01:25, April 18, 2012 (UTC)
Alright, here we go! Here are some more images with their sources in the description, as usual! Some of the images' sources were written for one specific article when they can be applied to multiple articles such as the ones for the individual Paladin Team Sigma-Alpha 2 members. Diamonddeath 04:13, April 19, 2012 (UTC)
Nice work so far! The only problem with the Sonic image you selected is that I just don't feel like it conveys his personality very accurately. To be honest, that pose gives me more of a "gangsta" vibe than anything else. Could you try looking for something a little more recent too, like maybe from cover of one of the FCBD issues? Also, if you're going to use that image for Finitevus' profile, might I suggest you do the same with Scourge? His image should also be found in the same issue, #161 I think. Sen10elS 01:41, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks! Yeah, I wasn't so sure about the new Sonic one either for the same reason. Do you know of any ones that would be better than the one we had before that, or do you think the one we have is fine? I was trying to get a larger profile-like drawing like the others. As for Scourge, I figured the current one was good enough. Do you think it really needs to be changed, though? Diamonddeath 21:46, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
Scourge isn't a king anymore, so we might as well. It's part of a data profile anyway. Sen10elS 22:47, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
- That's true, but I wasn't taking all of the profile images from date files. I was trying to use the images that were among the best. Also, just because he is no longer king, that doesn't necessarily mean it can't be his profile picture. We have the older pictures of the Egg Paladins as their profile pictures. Diamonddeath 22:56, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
True, but you have to admit that picture is really good and just begging to be used as a profile pic since its a very detailed full body shot with little background to remove. Sen10elS 23:22, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
- I suppose. Maybe I'm just biased because I really like that picture, haha. I guess a picture where a character is just standing normally makes a better profile image. Do you think it should be changed to that? Diamonddeath 23:26, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
I'd do that to stay in keeping with the others, but that's me. If the other shot can be fit into his invasion section, you might want to try putting it there. Sen10elS 01:16, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
- No idea. I would like to use it somewhere, though. It's quite the dynamic pose. Diamonddeath 03:12, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
Okay, actually, my bad. I thought the profile picture in use was one from earlier. Let's say we keep that one in place right now, but upload the other one and put it on his personality section. That or do it the other way around. Either one works for me. Sen10elS 03:35, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
- I kind of thought that was the problem, haha. Anyway, why would one of the two be in the personality section? By the way, I noticed that Archie seems to be using pictures from covers for their profile images in their data files and such. I think they even used Evil Sonic from one of the Sonic Archives covers in Sonic Super Special Magazine 3. I suppose I can take from them, too. Diamonddeath 05:12, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
You're getting a prrrrrromotion!
After receiving a recommendation to promote you, and having reviewed your recent contributions, I've decided to promote you to a site moderator. You can now upload images on your own, as well as rollback posts, delete pages, lock pages to prevent editing (only to be done when vandalism occurs frequently) and block IP addresses from users frequently breaking the rules. As a site moderator you are also expected to keep your eyes open for vandalism, edits that don't meet with the site's Manual of Style, and images that do not have the Non-free use rationale included in their description. If you have any questions or are uncertain about how to use the new features, you can check out the admin how-to guide, or contact myself or the other site moderators for assistance. Keep up the good work, and happy editing! - Dimitri the Echidna 03:00, April 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Awesome! Thank you! :D Diamonddeath 03:08, April 24, 2012 (UTC)
really cool profile image =D Sclera1 07:14, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks! :D Diamonddeath 08:13, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
Is it ok if I add the possible names of the prelates that were seen but unnamed and the ones that were unseen bud de-cored?
- I suppose that information can be included as a bit of trivia. Diamonddeath 09:47, May 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Remember when someone tried to make an article on the Big prelate last year and called it "Prelate B"? That got deleted because it was basically fanfic. I wouldn't recommend allowing this unless someone in a more official capacity would back this up too, otherwise we'd just be letting speculation possibly get mistaken for canon material. --Sen10elS 10:23, May 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Right, but what I was thinking was that in the trivia section it could be mentioned that a specific Prelate resembles a specific character. I wasn't suggesting to make any new articles for any possible Prelates. Diamonddeath 16:21, May 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Why? There's no reason for it. The name links in the unnamed sections lead to their Dark Mobius versions. Just place an image of each corresponding prelate in the respective page. Sen10elS 21:14, May 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Now I'm confused. I think we're talking about two different things. Diamonddeath 02:03, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Maybe we are. Look at the Prelate page and then tell me what you were thinking of again, because what I see is a redundancy of information if that trivia thing was done. --Sen10elS 02:41, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, I see now. I was assuming that the user was asking if it would be ok to mention the unnamed but seen Prelates as well as the unseen but de-cored ones without realizing that the information was already present. I suppose the page had either been updated from when I last looked at it, or I was just remembering it incorrectly. Regardless, yes, it would be redundant at this point to include the information, again. Diamonddeath 04:19, June 2, 2012 (UTC)
Broken image cache
We have the same problem on Wookieepedia, when after uploading a newer version of an image, the old version still shows up. To force a purge of the image cache, moving the image to a new filename usually does the trick for us. :) Trak Nar Ramble on 08:18, May 29, 2012 (UTC)
- How did you know about the problem I had, and what do you mean by "moving the image to a new filename"? Do you mean to somehow rename the file? Thanks for the information! Diamonddeath 08:25, May 29, 2012 (UTC)
- I saw your edit summary in the Recent Changes, when you deleted that Robotnik image and uploaded a new one. While that method does work, moving the image to a new name also solves the problem in fewer steps. For example, the image is "File:KnucklesHeadshot.jpg" and you uploaded a new version of it and then deleted the old version. The old version, despite being deleted, is still showing up. So, you would click the "Rename" tab (or button, or whatever Wikia's default skin calls it) for File:KnucklesHeadshot.jpg, and rename the file to something like "File: KnucklesMugshot.jpg" and then suitably change the links of the pages that use that file to reflect the new file name. This will force the cache to update.
- Usually, this doesn't need to be done, as the cache isn't too terribly slow, but sometimes, to reflect a new image version being uploaded, the image will need to be moved. This can only be done by sysops, which judging by that you are able to delete stuff, I assume that you have such powers. Trak Nar Ramble on 08:44, May 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Ah, I see. Thank you for the explanation! Would it have eventually solved itself? When viewed on my iPhone, the newer version was showing in the article, but when viewed on my computer, only the older version was showing. I don't know why this was the case. Also, yes, I can delete articles and images since I was recently promoted to Administrator. :D Diamonddeath 09:50, May 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Eventually, the cache does catch up, but that could take days sometimes, particularly if the revisions have mismatched thumbnails. It's best that when uploading new revisions, to immediately delete the old revisions, and if the image cache doesn't update, to just go ahead and move the image and force a purge. Renaming all the links to that file on each page that use that file can get quite tedious.
- Congratulations on your recent promotion! Blocking vandals is tons of fun, same with deleting stuff. Though, one can't forget all the tedious aspects of administrating, such as deleting old revisions, correcting double redirects, moving images, moving pages and suppressing redirects, welcoming new editors, and the usual general maintenance. Loads of fun, eats up lots of hours. XD Trak Nar Ramble on 05:57, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
I didn't even know that the earlier revisions could be deleted. Also, thanks! :D Diamonddeath 04:14, June 2, 2012 (UTC)
I had no successful to upload this image - Secret Freedom Fighter Off-Panel 1 - into this site. So I am sure I could just give this to you and allow you to upload it into this site and see if you can put it in this issue... --FredCat 01:40, June 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Interesting, that happened to me for first time since I registered into this Wikia group. And yes, I do know how - I only need to get an image ready to post into it. Thank you for your helps. --FredCat 04:40, June 29, 2012 (UTC)
- "Shadow of the Six Samurai - Shien" on Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia, by mistake (such to put right-upside, but iMac made it sideway when uploading) like couple days ago. But now from this time afterward; I am forcing to using photobucket account and upload them in correct position where I wanted them - like I just showed you recently. Note me once you get it up then I will pour the paint. --FredCat 04:46, June 29, 2012 (UTC)
- I meant by paste it on Comic 41... So please forgive my grammar - English is my second language. --FredCat 04:51, June 29, 2012 (UTC)
Here's other one - Issue 238 Off-Panal --FredCat14:34, July 12, 2012 (UTC)
And you can do the rest of that part in that issue since I am still have to study and practice my skill to correct grammar. --FredCat 14:55, July 12, 2012 (UTC)
I don't think we really need to keep uploading the Off-Panels for each respective issue's article. I don't even think the first one you sent me was all that necessary in the first place, but I figured that maybe you would want to use it elsewhere. Diamonddeath 08:32, July 19, 2012 (UTC)
Is that against the Image Policy to allow this user to put in the image that I gave to you not so long ago? --FredCat 01:03, June 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Why? What did they do wrong? Diamonddeath 08:34, July 19, 2012 (UTC)
Broken Image Link
Just to let you know that the second frame that had an image blanked - should we get new image link or something? --FredCat 14:24, July 12, 2012 (UTC)
- We can just upload a new image or just remove the broken link. Diamonddeath 08:34, July 19, 2012 (UTC)
Merger with Sonic News Network?
Hi Diamonddeath. I am an admin at Sonic News Network, the main Sonic Wiki. We wish to propose that our two sites merge. Please don't rush to dismiss the idea; it's completely genuine, and we feel that it would be to the mutual benefit of both sides. I have started a forum at Forum:Merger with Sonic News Network? to present my argument and discuss the idea. Please consider it seriously. Thank you. -- Supermorff (talk) 16:06, August 8, 2012 (UTC)
- I've left notes on the talk pages on all of the admins, on the talk page of Sclera1 (the most active non-admin), on the talk page of the main page, and in the forum linked above. So far, the only admin to respond has been Sen10elS. Your thoughts? -- Supermorff (talk) 05:42, August 13, 2012 (UTC)
Sen10elS suggested the same thing. I've applied to join the forum, but apparently I need approval from an admin. Five days on, I still haven't received it. When I do, I will PM him immediately. His name is Luger at BumbleKing, is that right? -- Supermorff (talk) 09:19, August 16, 2012 (UTC)
White background images
Sorry to bother you, but I noticed that for the Metal Tails and Metal Amy pages you made white background-images, I was wondering if you were going to do the same with Metal Sonic using the picture. 13:16, September 27, 2012 (UTC)Neffyarious (talk)
Since you people have it set up so that only admins and such can add images, I will inform you that you ought to have an image for the Wisps page. I would suggest the Sonic Colors promo image, personally, though I suppose that would be your choice. — Somarinoa (talk) 19:24, October 25, 2012 (UTC)
Hello , The STH246 Page and SU50 Page Have no cover picture , I Have The Pictures , But I can't add them !
Here is the link to the Pictures :
Another Pictures For # 246 And SU # 49
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?426920-Sonic-246-Sonic-universe-49-covers Comixfan99 (talk) 06:26, November 24, 2012 (UTC)
Hello , How Can I Become an Admin ?
Hi, from my experience, try to help out as much as possible and someone will notice. You can also ask other Admins for more details. Glad you're interested! Diamonddeath (talk) 19:38, November 14, 2012 (UTC)
I feel like I've heard this before as well, but I can't place it. If it's canon, I have no problem with it; it's certainly easier to type than Operation: Clean Sweep, which is what I always use when referring to how the whole Genesis reality came about.--Spectre the Hechidnat (talk) 06:19, December 15, 2012 (UTC)
Clean Sweep was the entire process that led to the event. The wave was what altered reality, while the Cosmic Reset Button (which also needs an article) was the device through which it was done. --Sen10elS (talk) 06:54, December 15, 2012 (UTC)
So basically, Operation: Clean Sweep was the act of using the Cosmic Reset Button to activate the Genesis Wave and reset Mobius Prime. I forget where the term was used. I think in the encyclopedia. Diamonddeath (talk) 01:33, December 17, 2012 (UTC)
http://www.gamefob.com/megamansonic/v2_-_side_b_-_worlds_collide_postcard_back_side/ i think this picture is going to be useful!Comixfan99 (talk) 20:02, December 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Awesome! Was this in an issue? Diamonddeath (talk) 18:04, December 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Please don't delete stuff from my talk page as you leave messages, and don't forget to sign your posts. Diamonddeath (talk) 19:09, December 21, 2012 (UTC)
- That's ok :) Diamonddeath (talk) 04:03, December 22, 2012 (UTC)
Hey, if you or anyone else here can edit the page for Issue 243, say, better, I'd really appreciate that. Because I'm not the best writer and I think I may have added a bit too much detail. Just putting this out there.UltimaGamer47 (talk) 23:46, December 28, 2012 (UTC)UltimaGamer47
Do you know what a "permission error" is? I'm trying to upload this one image, it's appropriate, it's from one of the comics, and it's in format. So why can't I upload it? Please reply back, ASAP.UltimaGamer47 (talk) 17:57, December 29, 2012 (UTC)UltimaGamer47
Are editors still able to put images on the pages for the comics besides the images of the cover? You know, like panels or pages from the comics?UltimaGamer47 (talk) 03:20, January 3, 2013 (UTC)UltimaGamer47
This Will Help
I Think those are for sonic # 250
but I'm Not Sure!
And This is an idea for #250 cover
you really must look for the describtion !
Dear Diamonddeath, I wish for you to give me the permission to upload photos to this wiki as I find myself help to wiki's and I think that if I could upload photos, I could be more assistants. From Marlenerose (talk) 21:50, January 7, 2013 (UTC)
hey diamond death, can you upload images of the krudzu hybrid hydra fused to titan metal sonic and metal knuckles? they are in issues 242 and 244 of archie sonic the hedgehog. thanks.DalekSupreme13 (talk) 05:14, January 11, 2013 (UTC)
hello, how are you ?
i hope you are doing well
first of all i would like to apologize to you for sending you this message in not a polite way.
second, i need your help.
i am doing a project about comic books and literary topics, and i chose the sonic the hedgehog comic books and the justice league (the new 52) as my the comics and religion and alienation as the literary topics.
i am almost done with my project, but i need to ask something:
does the sonic the hedgehog comic books discuss religion, and if they do, do they revieal thier characters beliefs ?
i heared that the sonic the hedgehog comic books discuss religion and i saw a picture o sonic praying to someone called maria, but i want to be sure.
i sent this message to the founder, but i was afraid that he may not get it, so i am sending to you hoping that you may be able to help me.
if you know the answer to my question then please send it to me, if you dont, then can you tell me who might know the answer to my question ?
thank you for your help in advance
and sorry for bothering you
Featured Article Vote
hey, diamonddeath can you add a recommandation for the next featured article? right now i'm the only one posting recommandations and would like others to make recommandations especially a administrator. i hope you will make recommandations regularly from now on.DalekSupreme13 (talk) 15:10, March 4, 2013 (UTC)
- just everytime its time to decide a new featured article, so once a month.DalekSupreme13 (talk) 13:35, March 5, 2013 (UTC)
Sonic #250 Variant
Hey Diamonddeath! I'm new to this wiki, and I want to upload images, but I can't. I found two variant covers of this issue but, as I've said, I can't upload them. I'm going to give you a link. Thanks for your time! BlueSpeeder (talk) 15:02, March 14, 2013 (UTC)
Forgot to give you link.
No photos allowed
Nobody231 (talk) 02:36, April 14, 2013 (UTC)I'm not allowed to upload photos on this wiki, but on the Sonic News Network, there's a varient cover that I want to copy over here. Can you give me permisson to? Or get it at http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Archie_Sonic_Universe_Issue_54.
You've got me, man. It could be that you somehow changed the format on it, but I don't know how. I know how to handle article edits, but dealing with universal stuff like Recent Updates and such is beyond me. --Spectre the Hechidnat (talk) 06:08, April 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Got me, man. So far as I can tell, any problem is on a deeper level than the page editing; I don't even know how you could have changed it so that it would be acting that way. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a programmer, and I don't really know anyone who is. You might want to ask around on Bumbleking or something.--Spectre the Hechidnat (talk) 18:27, April 15, 2013 (UTC)
- I honestly don't know, my friend. I may be an administrator, but a lot of the technical stuff is beyond me. You might just want to see about contacting an admin who's been working at this a while longer than I have; they might be able to help you, if you can get in touch with them. --Spectre the Hechidnat (talk) 04:09, May 10, 2013 (UTC)
can you switch the featured article on the main page please? we are half way into april and we haven't updated the featured article section on the main page yet. we still have the one from march up. if you check the page on the vote for the next featured article the consensus is that matilda should be the one for april as it has 2 votes while all the others have 1.DalekSupreme13 (talk) 12:20, April 14, 2013 (UTC)
Cameo of Enerjak
Since this wikia is still under the restrict of upload the image, and I am being nice to capture the image of Enerjak's cameo (though not actually his character) - Image of Enerjak's Claw. So feel free upload it or not. --FredCat 14:03, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
All <Character>-(Wo)man picture
RE: Article Format Issue
Whever you see "Retrieved from http://archiesonic.wikia.com/" at the bottom of a page, it means that somewhere there is an "open" div. In this case, it's due to Template:Article of the Week, which appears on Snively Robotnik. The first line of the template's code is
<div id="infoboxinternal"> but there is no
</div> to "close" that div. So either remove that first line or insert
</div> onto the template, and the Snively page should display properly. JoePlay (talk) 18:37, May 28, 2013 (UTC)
Just wanted to show you the new cover art for StH #255 & SU #58!
"Countdown to Chaos" Part Three: The Freedom Fighters are one step closer to completion with the bombastic, bouncing debut of the battlin’ Bunnie Rabbot! But the journey isn’t over yet—some of Sonic’s teammates are still missing, and it’s up to the blue blur and his best buddy Tails to find them! What shocking secrets will our heroes uncover? And just what is the "countdown to chaos" counting down to? Meanwhile, Dr. Eggman returns to the Death Egg to test out his dire predictions. Is it possible that the unspeakable evil known as Eggman could be the only one who can save the world? Find out in this amped-up action-filled story, featuring new cover art from Sonic art superstar Ben Bates, which connects with the other “Countdown to Chaos” covers to form one giant image of awesomeness! Plus a freedom-fighting variant cover from Tyler Capps (Cooking Comically)!
SCRIPT: Ian Flynn
ART: Tracy Yardley, Lamar Wells, Terry Austin, John Workman, and Matt Herms.
Cover: Ben Bates
Freedom-fighting Variant Cover: Tyler Capps
On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 12/4
“Pirate Plunder Panic Part Four: BUCKLE YOUR SEA-BELTS, BUCCANEERS, THE END BE NEAR! The thrilling high-stakes high sea adventure concludes, with the Egg o’ War ready to launch, and all th’ worlds in peril! It’s Blaze vs. Cpt. Metal. The power of the Sol Emeralds a’beckons, as does the transformation into Burning Blaze—blimey!”
Could you please upload these new images?
- Likely I still have copies of the Dark Enerjak stories, so I could upload them if needed.Doc Nef (talk) 06:22, October 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Here, I already uploaded all of the stuff I saved onto Sonic News Network - I kept everything, inclufing the images that came with the text. I also agree that an article should be made.Doc Nef (talk) 04:42, October 10, 2013 (UTC)
StH 257 & SU 61
Once again, I bring you the new covers for upcomig issue's and their varient's. Enjoy:
How do I add a photo?
Whoever you are, you can't. Come here or to another admin's page and give them a link for them to upload. (P.S. add your signature with four of this "~" symbol (if i do it with 4 of them, my signature will pop up immediately after publish)).
I'm a nobody! 04:30, February 12, 2014 (UTC)
Can you help me please? (Edited)
Some cleanup talk
So you've got a bit of a backlog of pages submitted for deletion. Might want to give that a once-over.
Also, I'd really like to be given the A-OK on something. The Sonic X and Another Time/Place character pages for Sega characters are largely redundant, stating information already covered by their issues/main pages (ESPECIALLY ATAP) and only really linking to a few pages. The ATIAP and Sonic X main pages already have character lists. Would it be okay to simply add the pages to the prune list, fix the redirects to the proper versions of the characters, and spruce up the main SX/ATIAP pages? Possibly change the links on their main pages to hyperlinks to the SNN articles? As they are now, they're kind of cluttering the wiki without adding any information and making everything more complicated than necessary for the readers.
Re: Renaming Categories
Hi Diamonddeath. Sure, I can help with that, although maybe you could give it a try yourself. The easiest bot programme I found for this kind of thing is AWB, which you can read up about here. There's a link to the download and to some guides. I suggest you give it a try by yourself to start with, but if you want any help let me know. -- Supermorff (talk) 11:09, February 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Um, I don't think it works on a Mac, sorry. I don't know about bots for a Mac, but I'm sure they exist. I'll do the category change in a bit. -- Supermorff (talk) 18:17, February 6, 2014 (UTC)
Missing Rouge Woman picture...
Heres some concet art of her by BenBates himself!
Just a small question...
I've got a small question. Why can't regular users upload images? I'm guessing it's because of some spam images being uploaded.
I'm a nobody! 02:33, February 10, 2014 (UTC)
Honestly man, I have no idea. I believe Prad was the one who contacted me about being made an admin, so I would assume so. You might want to ask him about it; I have no idea what all it entails. On a side note, cool pic with your page-good old, or more correctly bad old, Geoffrey at his villainous best.--Spectre the Hechidnat (talk) 02:27, February 11, 2014 (UTC)
- No idea; if the info's not on his page and he isn't on Bumbleking or something like that I haven't the first clue where to find him.--Spectre the Hechidnat (talk) 23:46, February 11, 2014 (UTC)
- A depressing thought indeed. I honestly can't think how we might do it; I barely use my own abilities as an admin, and thus have no idea how to confer them upon others. If we can't get ahold of Thot Prad or any other admins who have been at this longer, we might be in a real pickle-and I'm not talking about the professor. I'll see if I can find Thot somewhere. --Spectre the Hechidnat (talk) 04:56, February 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Well, I found out how you do it, but it doesn't look like I have the ability. In order to make someone else an admin, you have to be a bureaucrat, which Thot Prad apparently didn't make me when I was made an admin. --Spectre the Hechidnat (talk) 21:51, November 26, 2014 (UTC)
Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 260 image
Could you upload the Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 260 image? I uploaded it at https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1t2rzsHHd-zX3RyQThJdHptRGc/edit.
If you haven't noticed yet, I was able to figure out how to manipulate the tabber element for the variant covers and removed the background color and change text size and color in the Comic Infobox template code. Let me know if there are any other coding chages you can think of or if you want me to manipulate colors/text with other stuff. Chaosjam (talk) 16:50, February 20, 2014 (UTC) chaosjam
StH 261,SU 64, & SSD 7 Covers
Category Problem on the Sonic the Hedgehog page
okay the categories on the Sonic the Hedgehog page are now messed up due to the tabber templates being added onto the page. the categories now appear as a series of tabs below the featured article template. do you know how to fix this without taking the tabber templates off the page?DalekSupreme13 (talk) 09:07, February 21, 2014 (UTC)
StH 262 and SU 65 Covers
I found more comic covers!
I need help moving Rotor The Walrus to Rotor the Walrus and I have a new profile picture from that was uploaded to Sonic News Network by http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/User:Ultrasonic9000
I need help moving Rotor The Walrus to Rotor the Walrus and I have a new profile picture from that was uploaded to Sonic News Network by http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/User:Ultrasonic9000--TheAwesomeHyperon (talk) 15:31, April 22, 2014 (UTC)
Oops. I thought it would be on his front profile page. Sorry dude I have no idea what I was thinking. Here's the link: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131022134013/sonic/images/3/3a/Rotor_v2.jpg
It was uploaded by a sonic news network user. They use mostly official artwork of the freedom fighters instead of scans (why don't we do that?) so anyway I hope the pics useful and we need to uncaptilize the t in "the". Anyway thanks for reading, and thank you for being an all round great helpful guy/girl on this Wiki. --TheAwesomeHyperon (talk) 02:39, April 25, 2014 (UTC)
I'm sorry to be a broken recored. I moved Rotor The Walrus back to Rotor Walrus. This part of an effort to name it Rotor the Walrus, no capital T. I need help to move the page to Rotor the Walrus. I have made the redirect as a deletion candidate If it still dosent work I'll contact someone to fix any problems I have made.--TheAwesomeHyperon (talk) 13:57, April 29, 2014 (UTC)
Sallys SNN page use Official Artwork by the comic artists and stuff. Can't we art work for the game character profile pics and main non scaned pics for the characters if they exist? I have no problem on how we handle things, it's something I noticed. Here's Sally's SNN page for a better understanding of what i'm trying to say. http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sally_Acorn --TheAwesomeHyperon (talk) 13:17, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
Pre-Genesis Mobius and Angel Island Maps
Here are the maps for the said articles. I found them from the SNN wiki: Profgawhite678 17:36, June 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Angel Island: http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/File:147.jpg
- Mobius: http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/File:Map.jpg
Hello, Diamonddeath. I would like to ask you on what it takes to be an administrator on the wiki. I don't demand rights currently, but I would like to know how to obtain said rights by editing, warning users, etc. BlueSpeeder (talk) 19:20, June 20, 2014 (UTC)
- Ah, I understand. I just wanted to ask about that. Thanks! BlueSpeeder (talk) 21:42, June 25, 2014 (UTC)
can we switch out the featured article please as we've had the same one up since April. I've suggested using eclipse on the featured article candidates page for the next one just need an admin to switch it out since it's the candidate for the next one. can you please do this in the next few days please.DalekSupreme13 (talk) 09:40, August 2, 2014 (UTC)
- I have added to Eclipse's appearance section as best I could. I'm not the best at writing a description about a character's appearance so someone will probably have to expand on what I've wrote, but hopefully it is enough that it will allow eclipse to be used for the featured article on the main page.DalekSupreme13 (talk) 06:05, August 3, 2014 (UTC)
Should we create a separate category for the zones/realities that were erased by the super genesis wave or use the Locations removed by the Super Genesis Wave category for them? DalekSupreme13 (talk) 07:31, November 3, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Jon O'Hedge Article Title
I'm honestly neutral on the position for the name of Little Jon's page, but I do see your point. I'm not really sure if he was ever referred to by his actual name in the comics and they've never really stated how surnames work in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise. It would probably be the safer option to change the name of the page from Jon O'Hedge to Little Jon as it is the moniker everyone seems to use for him. DalekSupreme13 (talk) 08:17, November 3, 2014 (UTC)
I think I can definitely help with that-I've a history of overly long article sections that I'd like to remedy. As for the Zones thing, given that the comic has applied it to alternate universes, it might be best to stick with Video Game Locations. --Spectre the Hechidnat (talk) 03:36, November 22, 2014 (UTC)
- I posted an inquiry to Ian to see what game appearances by Blaze are canon in the new continuity-once I find out we can see about getting a shortened version up. --Spectre the Hechidnat (talk) 00:10, November 24, 2014 (UTC)
Honestly, I think what you wrote on there is awesome-it's a thorough, detailed summary of what Blaze did in each of the games she appeared in, and I don't feel like it's overloaded with detail at all. By the by, do you have any thoughts on the idea of including sections on Sonic 06 in various Sega character articles? I know it's a difficult question because the game's storyline essentially negates itself. --Spectre the Hechidnat (talk) 05:44, November 25, 2014 (UTC)
I did some major editing for Thunderbolt (mostly just adding the description template) and all that's left is a picture of her. Maybe there could also be a smaller picture of her in a robot suit. Thanks anyway! FinnyFinFin (talk) 19:59, November 28, 2014 (UTC)
I hate to be that guy, but can you please talk to Shagges please. He is making lots of random edits that aren't really constructive for the wiki. It wouldn't be so bad if it was like one or two edits, but he is making dozens of them each day. Can you please talk to him about it before it gets even more out of hand please. Again, I didn't want to do this, but I feel it needs to be said.DalekSupreme13 (talk) 06:47, December 6, 2014 (UTC)
What's wrong with me adding Rouge (dismbiguation), House of Acorn (disambiguation), Chaotix (disambiguation), Cheese (disambiguation), Alternate versions of House Acorn, Alternate versions of Mighty, Alternate versions of G.U.N., Alternate versions of Max Acorn, House of Acorn (Dark Mobius), Big Cat (Light Mobius), Knuckles (future version), Dulcy (future version), Chaotix (Giant Robotno), Max Acorn (Dark Mobius), Super Shadow (Another Time, Another Place), Team Dark (Another Time, Another Place), Team Rose (Another Time, Another Place), Chao (Another Time, Another Place), Omochao (Another Time, Another Place), Flicky (Another Time, Another Place), Omega (Another Time, Another Place), Burning Blaze (Another, Time Another Place), adding Terapods.
Chaotix (Dark Mobius) the members are in that alternate version that means the team my be in Dark Mobius.
Also what's wrong with Unlce Chuck remebering the old prime zone or Silver or Metal Sonic or Eggman Nega or Shadow or Omega.
What i said before SEGA would not have video game characters Babylon Rouges, Jet, Storm, Wave, Sol Zone Pirates, Captain Whisker, Battle Bird Armada, Cocount Crew removed in the Genesis Wave.
What's bad about the ideas of Team Dark or Silver or Blaze or Metal Sonic or Cream or Team Rose or Chaotix riding Extreme Gear. Team Rose, Team Dark, Chaotix, fighting the Battle Bird Armada.
- I have no problem with creating disambiguation pages if there are more then 2 versions of something, but creating blank pages just adds unnecessary clutter to the wiki. Just because there are versions of some of the chaotix in the dark Mobius universe doesn't mean that there is a version of the chaotix in that universe. there is a version of sally in the litigopolis zone, but there isn't a version of the knothole freedom fighters in that zone. We also can't assume a character still exists in the new timeline just because they are sega characters or are from the satam show. ari the ram was a supporting character in satam, but he has been removed. You also can't add made up information to pages just because you like the idea. and lastly you can't add a character to a category just because you want to. they actually have to qualify for that category. chuck has no memories of the old timeline, so he can't be put in that category. It's great to have another enthusiastic editor on the site, but the edits you make have to be constructive. DalekSupreme13 (talk) 07:26, December 7, 2014 (UTC)
- Stop lying saying you have no problem. If you didn't you would note remove or delete these edits.
Shagges, I already spoke to you about this, but you deleted my posts. You cannot post assumptions as fact. Consider this your last warning. I Don't want to have to issue a suspension or ban. And before you call me a hater, realize that while the devotion is highly appreciated, and the time you dedicated is highly admirable, the fact remains that you cannot post assumptions as fact. There really is no place for assumptions in an encyclopedia. Diamonddeath (talk) 04:47, December 8, 2014 (UTC)
Another Time, Another Place
Follows the video games so Vanilla, Super Shadow, Burning Blaze, Mephiles, Iblis, Solaris, Badnik Horde, Froggy, Chao, Omochao, Gizoid, Flicky, Omega, Team Rose, Team Dark, Tikal, Chaos, Cocnut Crew, Gerald Robotnik, Maria Robotnik, Princess Elise, Chip, Professor Pickle, so they are in this version. Just because have not been seen does not mean thay are not in this version.
Re: Category Help
- Ok, the only way this is going to work is if I remove everything from those categories, then you add back the few pages that are supposed to be there. That's what I'm doing now. Let you know when done. -- Supermorff (talk) 20:49, December 12, 2014 (UTC)
- Hey. Wiriamu was ok with it once I explained, and I've finished emptying those categories. Feel free to add back the few actually relevant pages. It might help to look at the list of pages that the bot edited: http://archiesonic.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/Supermorff_Bot Let me know if there's anything else I can help with. -- Supermorff (talk) 23:19, December 12, 2014 (UTC)
Honestly, you've got me on that one. The sad fact of the matter is that we know very little about what characters are or are not going to be back. My general assumption is that everybody not introduced during Ian's run is gone, as are any characters who were based on/derived from Ken Penders concepts. However, at this point I think we can safely confine it to any Ken Penders characters and any characters from Light or Dark Mobius. I'm hoping that at some point we'll get some definite feedback on who else is or isn't gone, but I that list covers things for now, and we can add to it as any new information comes up. --Spectre the Hechidnat (talk) 23:46, December 16, 2014 (UTC)
- ...yeah, that is a tough point. The worst part is that the legal hoopla makes it so that Ian can't even give us a definite list. It might be best just to leave the category out and stick with the "Characters who survived the Super Genesis Wave" category-if it's not in their page then they didn't. --Spectre the Hechidnat (talk) 05:34, December 18, 2014 (UTC)
- Or perhaps we could remove all the Super Genesis Wave categories and replace them with "Old Reality characters," "New Reality characters," and "Dual Reality characters"-the last category referring to Sega characters and others who have appeared in both. --Spectre the Hechidnat (talk) 19:42, December 19, 2014 (UTC)
- I don't see Ian going that route personally-I know he liked a lot of those characters and don't think that, even with his Segafication tendencies, he would want to do something like that. Honestly, given that the legal issues surrounding things make it unlikely that we'll ever see a Chronicles adapt or characters, I prefer to imagine that the Dark Legion and former Angel Island/Albion Echidnas either live in the Twilight Cage separate from the Nocturnus or else in another dimension altogether, and that at some point-beyond the eternal teenage years of Sonic and co. as demanded by Sega-Knuckles will find them. However, I would assume officially that they no longer exist at all, taking it as an effect of the Super Genesis Wave being able to rewrite reality without any known restrictions and Sonic's limited success in undoing it. --Spectre the Hechidnat (talk) 02:42, December 31, 2014 (UTC)
Like I said before I hate to be that guy, but Shagges is at it again. He's doing exactly what got him blocked before again and he has clearly stated on his talk page that he is not willing to discuss the issue and is going to keep doing it no matter what anyone says. What I find really alarming is that he says on his own talk page that he has done this before on other wikis and has been reprimanded for it by the admins on those other wikis. Considering that he keeps doing the exact same thing that got him blocked before and that he refuses to discuss the issue I think it might be time to consider a permanent block or at the very least a longer block then what was given previously. If a diplomatic solution to the problem can be reached without resorting to a permanent block that would be preferable, but I doubt it since he has already stated he refuses to talk about it. I admire his determination and persistence, but when your part of a community you have to make compromises. I really hate having to be the one to bring this to your attention, but it has to be said. DalekSupreme13 (talk) 10:34, December 31, 2014 (UTC)
- Shagges has now been banned for one year-we warned him and he ignored us. --Spectre the Hechidnat (talk) 21:17, December 31, 2014 (UTC)
Listen, I know that only certain users can upload images on this wiki, but I'm getting a little impatient about waiting for someone to post them. Can you please upload some images, like all the covers we don't have yet? E-124 Poldege (talk) 05:30, January 25, 2015 (UTC)