Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Super transformation is a state certain beings go into that gives them incredible power. Super forms are usually gained after an individual makes contact with Chaos energy from sources such as the Chaos Emeralds, Anarchy Beryl, Sol Emeralds, and the Master Emerald. Power Rings also help with the Super transformation process, and massive amounts of Rings can trigger transformations themselves. In this state, the individuals are usually covered by an aura of power of a certain color and gain other powers such as flight, increased speed and strength, energy manipulation, elemental magic, and invulnerability. With the exception of transformations caused by Anarchy Beryl, these transformations usually give their users an energy boost once completed; in the case of the Beryls, however, the user's strength is drained, which can prove fatal if maintained for too long. (StH: #4, #56, #72, #84, #95, #96, #97, #114, #124, #125, #141, #149, #150, #169, #183, #184, #195, #196, SvK, CSE)
Known Super Forms
- Super A.D.A.M.: A.D.A.M.'s super form came to him after absorbing some of the power of all the Chaos Emeralds in the universe save one. In this form, his body turned from silver to gold and he sprouted a pair of mechanical wings. The only new ability A.D.A.M. showed in his super form was increased power, and the invulnerability usually associated with such forms was apparently neutralized by Tommy Turtle. (StH: #169, CSE)
- Hyper Knuckles: Knuckles's Hyper form changes his fur from red to a light pink and gives him new abilities such as increased speed, strength, flight, and invulnerability. (StH: #56, #125, #146 SvK)
- Master Mogul: In this form, Mogul's attire changed instead of his appearance like the other known super forms to include armor worn by ancient warriors. In this state with the power of 12 Chaos Emeralds, Mogul achieved god-like power. He later became an even more powerful incarnation of Master Mogul after seizing total control of the Chaos Force for himself. (StH: #56, #149, #150, KtE: #9)
- Ugly Naugus: A powerful form of Ixis Naugus, Ugly Naugus was created when Naugus absorbed an untold number of Power Rings. He possessed all of his usual elemental powers, but greatly enhanced. (StH: #65, #66)
- Super Scourge: Scourge's Super form comes from the power of the Anarchy Beryl, the Anti Mobius equivalent to Chaos Emeralds. His fur changes to purple with a light yellow aura around his person, and the whites of his eyes become black and his pupils turn red, similar to the eyes of Dr. Ivo Robotnik. He has the same abilities as Super Sonic, such as increased speed, flight, increased power, and invulnerability.(StH: #195, #196)
- Super Shadow: When in his super form, Shadow's black fur turns to gold and had new abilities such as increased speed, invulnerability, and his Chaos Control powers were also enhanced. (StH: #124, #169, SU: #2)
- Super Silver: In this super form, Silver's fur and blue markings turn gold, his eyes turn red, and his two rear quills float upward. His form has not yet been used but it does exist. (CSE)
- Ultra Sonic: The most powerful form exhibited by Sonic, appearing in two instances. In the first he was fueled solely by Power Rings, while in the second a Super Emerald was his power source. He possessed the power to manipulate elements, and could adapt to his environment in such forms as Solar Sonic, Eco Sonic and Polar Sonic. (StH: #65, #66, #71)
- Super Sonic: In this super form, Sonic's fur changes from blue to gold and his eyes from green to red. He gains the powers of increased speed, flight, increased power, and invulnerability. His positive aura also has the power to turn people influenced by negative energy back to good. (StH: #4, #56, #71, #83, #84, #126, #169, #183, #184, #229, SvK, SU: #2)
- Hyper Tails: An enhanced form of Tails, Hyper Tails differed from Turbo Tails in being vastly more powerful and powered solely by Power Rings rather than by a combination of Rings and Chaos Emeralds. Aided by four super-powered Flickies, he commanded a variety of elemental abilities. (StH: #65, #66)
- Turbo Tails: Originally, Tails' super form changed his appearance and attire, giving him orange fur and a blue cape. But his fur later changed to a permanent orange and he instead was given a red cape with matching gloves. His abilities consisted of increased speed, power, flight without using his twin tails, and invincibility. (StH: #56, #95, #96, #97, #114, #149, #150, #185, #186, #168, #169)
- Chaos Knuckles: After tapping his natural Chaos abilities, Knuckles took on a green-furred form that was vastly more powerful than his normal form. It differed from a Super form in being permanent, lasting until his temporary death. Chaos Knuckles' abilities included the ability to manipulate Chaos energy on a massive scale. (StH: #88, #89, #90, #91, #93, #94, #95, #96, #97, #99, #100, #101, #102, #106, #107, #108, #109, #114, #115, #116, #117, #118, SSS: #14)
- Enerjak: Similar in nature to Chaos Knuckles, Enerjak is an enhanced form created when the spirit of the ancient Albion scientist fuses with an Echidna. The form was held by a second Albion scientist, then by Dimitri, and later Knuckles. Like Chaos Knuckles, Enerjak's current avatar can command Chaos energy on a massive scale, producing a variety of effects. (StH: #35, #36, #114, #118, #165, #171, #179, #180, #181, #182, #183, #184, KtE: #1, #2, #7, #8, #9, KMS: #1, #2, #3, SU: #12; CSE)
- Metal Overlord: A dragon-like form taken by Metal Sonic v3.0 at some point in Sonic's reset world. (SU: #54)
- Titan Metal Sonic: The original Metal Sonic transformed into a giant, red super robot due to the powers of a Power Gem. (KCX)
- Titan Tails: Born from every Tails in the Cosmic Interstate being fused together, Titan Tails was an immensely powerful being with the ability to manipulate reality itself. (StH: #149, #150)
- While most of the games seem to feature a time limit for Super forms, it does not appear that this is the case for the Archie comics series.
- The Super Transformation was first implemented in Sonic 2 with Super Sonic as a secret cheat after getting all seven Chaos Emeralds. In Sonic 3 and Knuckles, multiple characters with super forms became a trend in games such as Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, Sonic Rush and Sonic Adventure 2.
- The Metal Sonic transformation in the Knuckles Chaotix special was never named in the comic, but in the game it was called "Metal Sonic Kai". It was later named Titan Metal Sonic in the bonus information at the back of the first volume of the Sonic Universe Graphic Novel Series.
- Ray the Flying Squirrel bluffed that he possessed a Super form known as "Super Ray" to scare off a pack of Wing Dingoes in Sonic Universe #10.