Sonic Universe Graphic Novel Series is an ongoing series of graphic novels published by Archie Comics, featuring SEGA's mascot video game character Sonic the Hedgehog. The series contains reprints of the ongoing Sonic Universe comic series. Each volume has a title that matches the four-issue arc that it contains from the original comic print.
- Volume 1: The Shadow Saga (September 2011) - issues #1-#4 of Sonic Universe
- Volume 2: 30 Years Later (March 2012) - issues #5-#8 of Sonic Universe and Mobius: 25 Years Later: Prologue (StH: #131)
- Volume 3: Knuckles Returns (August 2012) - issues #9-#12 of Sonic Universe and Honor Bound (StH: #186)
- Volume 4: Journey to the East (February 2013) - issues #13-#16 of Sonic Universe and selections from The Roads we Take (StH: #212)
- Volume 5: The Tails Adventure (June 2013) - issues #17-#20 of Sonic Universe
- Volume 6: Treasure Team Tango (November 2013) - issues #21-#24 of Sonic Universe and Welcome Back, Chao! (StH: #217)
- Volume 7: The Silver Saga (April 2014) - issues #25-#28 of Sonic Universe
- Volume 8: Scourge: Lockdown (August 2014) - issues #29-#32 of Sonic Universe
- Volume 1
- The cover art for this volume is from #1.
- The profiles in this volume would later be used in The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia.
- In #4, the colour of the Chaos Emerald that Team Dark obtained from the Special Zone, which was incorrectly coloured green in the original printing, has been changed to its correct colour, red. The light that can be seen emanating from it in certain shots has also been changed to the right colour.
- Volume 2
- The cover art for this volume is from #8.
- In #3, the colour palettes of Belle and Jacques have been changed to the correct colouration.
- Volume 3
- The cover art for this volume is from #9.
- This is the first and, so far, only Sonic Universe graphic novel to have an extended title that is different from the name of the arc that is printed, in this case, "Knuckles Returns" rather than "Knuckles: the Return".
- This volumes afterward by Ian Flynn contains the first official confirmation of the "Endangered Species" story arc that would be printed a few months later in Sonic #243-#246.
- Volume 4
- The cover art for this volume is from #14.
- Volume 5
- The cover art for this volume is from #20. The art in question has been altered slightly from the original printing, where Tails expression was changed from a detirmined frown to a confident smile.
- This volume includes design and storyline concepts for the Battle Bird Armada created by Ian Flynn and Jon Gray, though most of the story ideas appear to have been abandoned. Several design elements were later incorporated into the Armada characters, however, that were not featured in the Tails Adventure game.
- A footnote in this volume stated that the Sonic Riders adaption from StH#163-#164 would be appearing in Best of Sonic the Hedgehog Volume 2, when it was in fact not included. However, it was later discovered that there was an alternate list of stories for that volume on the books amazon.com listing, where the Riders adaption was listed. The reason for this seemingly last minute change is unknown.
- Volume 6
- The cover art for this issue is from #21.
- Volume 7
- The cover art for this volume comes from #25.
- Volume 8
- The cover art for this volume comes from #29.