Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sonic Super Special Magazine Issue 9 is the ninth issue of Archie's Sonic Super Special Magazine comic series.
Get ready for the truest, bluest and way-past-coolest Sonic Super Special Magazine issue ever made! The world's first Sonic comic magazine has got your hook up for everything new in Sonic video games and comics - featuring an all new comic adaptation of the latest SEGA video game smash hit Sonic Lost World! At a full 20 pages, Sonic Lost World is the longest video game adaptation yet to be featured in an issue of Sonic Super Special Magazine, but that's not all! Get ready to explore new settings, new villains, and a new Sonic comic universe landscape in the aftermath of the Sonic/Mega Man crossover event! Plus all the super special features you love!
- "Lost World" (HCF: #1)
- "Treasure Team Tango: Part 1- The Salida" (SU: #21)
- "Home New Home" (StH: #177)
- "One Step Forward..." (StH: #225)
The special features reveal some previously unreleased information about the new Post-Super Genesis Wave Timeline including:
- Freedom HQ no longer exists, with the Sky Patrol serving as the Freedom Fighters prime base of operations.
- Sally is hinted to have a weapon of some kind hidden in her gloves. It turns out to be some kind of energy blade.
- Nicole's lynx form is supported by a power ring as a temporary battery.
- Axel the Water Buffalo is revealed to possess unseen powers: his metal horns and the chains wrapped around his wrist cuffs are related to said powers.
- Black Death and Eclipse the Darkling, two villains set to make their debut in SU#59-#62 are officially revealed.
- The art accompanying Jon Grey's section includes an appearance by Sleet and Dingo, Robotnik's henchmen in the Sonic Underground zone. The duo are shown amongst Eggman/Robotniks henchmen from other Sonic media, with Orbot and Cubot rejecting the duo for "not being on the list". Grey has stated in the past to having a great disliking of Sonic Underground.
- When the issue was first announced, it was believed that this would be the debut of the Sonic Lost World tie-in story (making it the second new story to appear in the Magazine). However, the story would instead end up making its debut in Sonic Halloween Comic Fest 2013.
- In the image of the new Sally, Bunnie and Rotor on the cover, Bunnie is drawn with cheek fuzz, something which her current post-Super Genesis Wave design actually lacks.
- This issues reprinting of "Treasure Team Tango: Part 1" was done to promote the release of the Sonic Universe: Treasure Team Tango graphic novel, released around the same time.