Sonic Select is an ongoing series of comic books published by Archie Comics, featuring SEGA's mascot video game character Sonic the Hedgehog. Sonic Select books reprint stories from the numorous Sonic Specials and Mini-Series, and more recently, selected stories from certain main series issues. They are 128 pages long and printed on 6 x 9 inch high-grade paper. As of Book 3, the cover of the series was printed on a glossy material, similar to the first edition of the first two volumes of Sonic Archives.
- Sonic In Your Face: All three stories- "The Quest", "The Mirror Zone" and "Tails' Tallest Tale"
- Sonic and Knuckles: All three stories- "Panic in the Sky", "Fire Drill", and "Lord of the Floating Island"
- Sonic Triple Trouble: All three stories- "T-T-Triple T-T-Trouble", "Submersible Rehearsal", and "First Contact"
- Sonic Live!: One story- "The Substitute Freedom Fighters"
- Knuckles Chaotix: All three stories- "The Chaos Effect", "Tag! You're it!", and "The Hunt is On"
- Super Sonic vs Hyper Knuckles: Both stories- "Crash of the Titans" and "Fathers & Sons"
- Sonic & Knuckles: Mecha Madness: Two Stories- "Sonic & Knuckles: Mecha Madness", and "Don't Let the Island Hit You on the Way Down!"
- Sonic Live!: One story: "Knuckles Quest 2"
- Battle Royal: Both stories- "Battle Royal!" and "The Map"
- Brave New World: The single story- "Brave New World"
- Return of the King: One story- "The Return of the King"
- Sonic & Knuckles: Mecha Madness: One story- "Eel of Fortune"
- Sonic Blast: One story- "Bugged Bunny"
- Sally Moon: Two stories- "Zone Wars: Prelude", and "Den of Thieves"
- Crossover Chaos: One story- "Zone Wars: A Tale of Two Hedgehogs"
- Turnabout Heroes: Both stories- "Turnabout Heroes", and "Giant Robotno"
- Sonic Stew: One story- "Law of the Land"
- Sonic Blast: One story- "Sonic Blast"
- Sonic Kids: Two stories- "When You and I Were Young, Sally", and "Stop... Sonic Time!"
- Sonic Kids 2: All three stories- "Zoneward Bound", "My Secret Guardian", and "Eve of Destruction"
- Girls Rule!: All five stories- "Princess Sally: Ascension", "Hershey: Solo", "Lupe: Family", "Bunnie Rabbot: Upgrade", and "Julie-Su: Shadows"
- Sally Moon: One story- "Running on Empty"
- Sonic Blast: One story- "The T.U.F.F. Awards"
- Sonic Quest 1: The single story- "The Death Egg Saga: Scrambled"
- Sonic Quest 2: The single story- "The Death Egg Saga: Poached"
- Sonic Quest 3: The single story- "The Death Egg Saga: Over Easy"
- Free Comic Book Day 2010: The single story- "Hide & Seek & DESTROY!"
- Sonic the Hedgehog 224: Selections from- "Chaos and the Crown" - Part Two
- Free Comic Book Day 2011: The single story- "The Rematch"
- Sonic the Hedgehog 20: One story- "Deadliest of the Species" - Prologue
- Princess Sally 1: The single story- "Deadliest of the Species" - Part One
- Princess Sally 2: The single story- "Deadliest of the Species" - Part Two
- Princess Sally 3: The single story- "Deadliest of the Species" - Part Three
- Knuckles the Echidna 29: The single story- "My Special Friend" Guest Starring... Princess Sally (the cover artwork renumbers the issue as #26).
- Sonic the Hedgehog 222: Selections from- "The World Can Wait"
- Tails 1: The single story- "Southern Crossover" - Part One
- Tails 2: The single story- "Southern Crossover" - Part Two
- Tails 3: The single story- "Southern Crossover" - Part Three
- Sonic the Hedgehog 1: Unknown selections
- Sonic Triple Trouble: One story- "Submersible Rehearsal"
- Sonic the Hedgehog 28: One story- "Growing Pains" - Part One
- Sonic the Hedgehog 29: One story- "Growing Pains" - Part Two
- Book 1 (April 30, 2008)
- Book 2 (November 19, 2008)
- Book 3 (March 24, 2011)
- Book 4 (December 13, 2011)
- Book 5 (May 15, 2012)
- Book 6 (October 16, 2012)
- Book 7 (March 5, 2013)
- Book 8 (September 24, 2013)
- The Sonic Select volumes are referred to as books instead.
- Unlike the Sonic Archives, the cover for the Selects are all drawn in the modern day Japanese "Sonic Channel" style, even the earlier volumes in which the printed stories where from the classic era.
- Book #4 is the first of the Sonic Select volumes to actually have an extended title. The extended title; however, is not on the actual book, but is an extended title that seems to be given to the book on various websites including Archie's official website and product description.
- The advertisement for Book #5 did not mention that it would include any stories from the special, Sonic Blast, even though the book winded up including that special's story, "The T.U.F.F. Awards".
- The table of contents for Book #5 did not include Sally Moon's "Running on Empty" and Sonic Blast's "The T.U.F.F. Awards".
- Book #5 which included the story "Princess Sally: Ascension" had the art edited to give Sally her vest throughout, while the original print didn't have her wearing her vest for the whole story (except flashbacks) as she entered into the pool of the Source of All. This was probably done to censor her 'nakedness' throughout the story, as her design being more humanlike had caused controversy among parents dating back when Sonic SatAM was still airing.
- Book #6 is the first of the Sonic Select volumes to have its extended title included on the book itself, unless the "Sonic Kids" writing included in the artwork of Book #5 is considered a subtitle.
- When Book 7 was first announced, a slightly different cover was released which featured Geoffrey St. John in place of Espio. It's believed Geoffrey's exclusion from the cover is due to the ongoing Archie/Penders case.
- When one compares the remastered art to the original source, many changes can be seen at a second glance. For example, Sonic's eyelids are now colored blue/indigo instead of the color of his muzzle, similar to his recent design. Shading is more prominent and noticeable. Various small or nearly unnoticeable changes also coexist to uplift the quality.
- Book #7 is the first to not have the title written in simplified font at the very top of the cover.
- In Book #7, the cover artwork to Knuckles #29 renumbers the issue as #26. It's believed that this was done in order to prevent confusion from the shuffling of future issues included in the Knuckles Archives.
- The preview for Book #8 claims that the Sonic Triple Trouble story "Submersible Rehearsal" will be featured, even though the story already appeared along with the rest of the Triple Trouble stories in Book #1. If this claim holds true upon release, this will be the first time a story has been printed in the same graphic novel series twice. The preview also claims that the issue will feature stories from issues that have previously been printed in the concurrent Sonic Archives series.