Sonic Legacy Series is an ongoing series of graphic novels published by Archie Comics, featuring SEGA's mascot video game character Sonic the Hedgehog. The series contains reprints of Sonic the Hedgehog in black and white. Book 1 will has 512 pages, which is the equivalent of 16 Sonic the Hedgehog comics. Strangely, the first book actually includes 20 Sonic the Hedgehog comics as well as special extra features.
- Sonic Legacy Series #1: (October 26, 2011) - issues #0-#3 of the Original Sonic Miniseries and issues #1-#16 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Legacy Series #2: (November 21, 2012) - issues #17-#36 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Legacy Series #3: (November 20, 2013) - issues #37-#56 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Similar to the Sonic Selects, the Sonic Legacy volumes are referred to as books instead.
This series is targeted for older audiences by containing more issues in black and white "in order to be competitive in a Marvel/DC graphic novel market," according to editor Paul Kaminski.
- Book 1
- Ben Bates forgot to sign the cover art once he'd drawn it. 
- Book 3
- The cover art was first shown at New York Comic Con 2012, and later appeared as one of the posters in Sonic Super Special Magazine #5. The version first shown at NYCC included Geoffrey St. John dangling from a parachute in the top left corner, but the version used for the final cover and the poster had him removed.
- The art style of the cover resembles the style used in the opening and ending animations of Sonic CD.