formatting it to ensure it meets the site's criteria.
Sonic Archives is an ongoing series of graphic novels published by Archie Comics, featuring SEGA's mascot video game character Sonic the Hedgehog. Beginning in Archives #2, the books feature a brief section of biographies for characters and locations featured in the included issues. The Archives are 112 pages long and printed on 5 x 7 & ½ inch high-grade paper.
In 1993, Sonic the Hedgehog sped his way from video games to comic books. One decade later, "The Blue Blur" can lay claim to having the most successful comic book career of all video game heroes! Now, readers can enjoy his earliest comic book adventures with this special edition that reprints the first appearances of Tails, Princess Sally, Antoine, Rotor, Uncle Chuck, and Muttski. Fans can also marvel in awe and wonder at Sonic's magic rings, the freedom emeralds, and King Acorn's magic crown; while booing and hissing at the villainous Robotnik, his evil Swat-Bots, and his myriad dastardly devices!
In 1993, Sonic the Hedgehog sped his way from video games to comic books. Now over a decade later, "the blue blur" can lay claim to having the most successful comic book career of all video game heroes! Travel back in time to where it all began in SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ARCHIVES, a thrilling series of upscale reprints that lets you revisit Sonic's early days in a premium yet affordable format. Each story is meticulously restored so you can feel like you're sipping right alongside the cobalt champion as he saves Knothole Village! In Volume 1, you can relive these classic stories from SONIC THE HEDGEHOG issues #1 through #4...or enjoy them for the very first time!
Sonic the Hedgehog Archives #2 features more classic laughs and action, collecting issues #5-8. Each story is meticulously restored so you can feel like you're zipping right alongside the cobalt crusader as he saves Knothole Village! So what are you waiting for? Put on your favorite pair of sneakers, grab a chilidog, start reading these thrilling collections and let the excitement begin!
The thrilling new series that lets fans relive classic Sonic stories continues! Volume 3 presents issues #9 through #12 of Sonic's ongoing comic book series in a special 5 x 7 inch edition. Each story is meticulously restored and printed on high-grade paper-so you can feel like you're zipping right alongside the cobalt champion as he saves Knothole Village! This action-packed edition features the first appearances of the evil robotic Pseudo Sonic and the Reverse universe villain, Evil Sonic!'
The thrilling new series that lets fans relive classic Sonic stories continues! Volume 4 presents issues #13 through #16 of Sonic's ongoing comic book series in a special 5 x 7 & ½ inch edition. Each story is meticulously restored and printed on high-grade paper-so you can feel like you're zipping right alongside the cobalt champion as he saves Knothole Village! This action-packed edition features the first appearance of mega-fan-favorite Knuckles the Echidna!
In November, 2006, Archie Comics offered Sonic readers both new and old the opportunity to relive the earliest adventures of their favorite hero with the release of SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ARCHIVES #1. A second volume followed in December, with a third slated for May, and a fourth in June. Reactions are in and everyone agrees: this new classic reprint series is a hit! Fans are jumping at the chance to travel back in time to where it all began. Back in 1993, Sonic the Hedgehog sped his way from video games to comic books. Almost 200 issues later, "the blue blur" can lay claim to having the most successful comic book career of all video game heroes. Now, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ARCHIVES, a thrilling series of upscale reprints, lets you revisit Sonic's early days in a premium yet affordable format. These special 5 x 7 & ½ inch editions contain 112 action-packed pages, faithfully re-colored and printed on superior stock, with a low cover price of only $7.49 US! Picking up where the SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ARCHIVES #4 left off (which reprinted the original Sonic series issues #13 through #16), SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ARCHIVES #5 brings fans these classic tales from issues #17 through #20 including the first-and last appearance of Julayla, an early, important event in Sonic mythology!
The thrilling new series that lets fans relive classic Sonic stories continues! Volume 6 presents issues #21 through #24 of Sonic's ongoing comic book series in a special 5 x 7 & ½ inch edition. Each story is meticulously restored and printed on high-grade paper; so you can feel like you're zipping right alongside the cobalt champion as he saves Knothole Village ! This action-packed edition features the return of Anti-Sonic and the first glimpse of Antoine and Bunnie's budding romance!
The thrilling new series that lets fans relive classic Sonic stories continues! Volume 7 presents issues #25 through #28 of Sonic's ongoing comic book series in a special 5 x 7 & ½ inch edition. Each story is meticulously restored and printed on high-grade paper-so you can feel like you're zipping right alongside the cobalt champion as he saves Knothole Village! This action-packed edition features the first comic book appearances of Metal Sonic, Amy Rose, Sonicâ€™s betrayal of the Freedom Fighters and the solo story that led to Tails' own mini-series!
In November, 2006, Archie Comics offered Sonic readers both new and old the opportunity to relive the earliest adventures of their favorite hero with the release of SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ARCHIVES #1. Now, here we are on the eve of the release of the 7th volume, and everyone agrees: this new classic reprint series is a hit! Fans are jumping at the chance to travel back in time to where it all began. Back in 1993, Sonic the Hedgehog sped his way from video games to comic books. Almost 200 issues later, "the blue blur" can lay claim to having the most successful comic book career of all video game heroes. Now, SONIC THE HEDEHOG ARCHIVES, a thrilling series of upscale reprints, lets you revisit Sonic's early days in a premium yet affordable format. These special 5 x 7 & Â½ inch editions contain 112 action-packed pages, faithfully re-colored and printed on superior stock, with a low cover price of only $7.49 US! Picking up where the SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ARCHIVES #7 left off (which reprinted the original Sonic series issues #25 through #28 ), SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ARCHIVES #8 brings fans these classic tales from issues #29 through #32-including exciting events like Sally's roboticization, the introduction of Dulcy the dragon, the solo adventures of Knuckles which led to his regular comic book, and other historic occurrences!
Volume 9 presents issues #33 through #36 of Sonic's ongoing comic book series in a special 5 x 7 & Â½ inch edition. These stories continue the artistic change to a more "dramatic" tone, better aligning the series to the hit Saturday morning animated series then on the air. The emphasis is on the royal politics of the kingdom, with power plays, self-sacrifice and betrayals galore. Each story is meticulously restored and printed on high-grade paper-so you can feel like you're zipping right alongside the cobalt champion as he saves Knothole Village! This action-packed edition features events like the mystery of the Chaos Emeralds and the return of King Acorn (sort of)!
The thrilling new series that lets fans relive classic Sonic stories continues! Volume 10 presents issues #37 through #40 of Sonic's ongoing comic book series in a special 5 x 7 & Â½ inch edition. These stories continue the artistic change to a more "dramatic" tone, better aligning the series to the hit Saturday morning animated series then on the air. The emphasis is on the chaos that ensues in the wake of a cataclysmic earthquake, with Robotnik trying to cope with the compromised security of Robotropolis and continue his reign of terror. An even greater threat looms with the rise of Mecha Sonic during the epic "Mecha Madness" story arc, which leads to court martial proceedings for wrongfully accused Sonic! Each story is meticulously restored and printed on high-grade paper, so you can feel like you're zipping right alongside the cobalt champion as he saves Knothole Village! Stories include: "The Day Robotropolis Fell" and "Bunnie's Worst Nightmare" (issue #37), "The Rise of Robotropolis...The Fall of Sonic" and "Bedtime Tails" (issue #38), "Rage Against the Machine" (issue #39), and "Court Martial" (issue #40).
The Sonic Archives series has emerged as one of Archie's best-selling trade paperbacks, as fans both new and old can relive the glory days of Sonic the Hedgehog in these high-quality, digitally-restored graphic novels, complete with all the classic Sonic stories from the 1990's! Now with Sonic Archives Volume 11, Sonic lovers can add to their collections issues 41-44, stories which are almost impossible to come across now. And best of all, the colors are completely re-mastered to give the issues a brand-new look! Stories include: "... And One Shall Save Him" - Sally, Sonic and Geoffrey attempt to save King Acorn, but will they survive the Zone of Silence as past and future collide? "In Every Kingdom There Must Exist a Little Chaos" - the epic "Sword of Acorns" storyline begins here, as Knuckles searches for the fabled sword against staggering odds! "The Dream Zone" - the story that introduces the "Dream Watcher" device that will play a major role in the "Endgame" saga! "Black & Blue & Red All Over" - Evil Sonic is back... and it looks like Knuckles is helping him!
Fans new and old can relive the glory days of Sonic the Hedgehog in these high-quality, digitally-restored graphic novels, with the colors remastered to give the issues a brand new look! Everyone's favorite cave-bear, Mobie, returns - in the midst of a Robotnik stronghold! Then, a sabbatical in the woods events goes from relaxing to taxing as friendships are strained and loyalties questioned, setting up the dramatic "Endgame" storyline.
The Sonic Archives series collects digitally-restored classic Sonic stories in high-quality graphic novels! Sonic Archives Volume 13 includes the rare final chapters of the critical ENDGAME SAGA and related side-stories originally featured in the SONIC SUPER SPECIAL series. The story begins with Princess Sally presumed dead and Sonic framed for the murder! The plot darkens at a break-neck pace, leading to the final confrontation between Sonic and the original Dr. Robotnik!
It's the dawning of a new age for Sonic, and SONIC ARCHIVES VOL. 14 is there to catch it from the beginning! Dr. Robotnik has fallen to the events of "Endgame," but that doesn't mean the danger has passed! New zones, old secrets, and one very ugly wizard are all set to debut and give Sonic trouble! This high quality paperback volume collects Sonic the Hedgehog #51-54.
Let the WORLD TOUR begin! Dr. Robotnik may still be missing, but that doesn't mean life is easy for Sonic the Hedgehog! It's adventures and mysteries galore as Sonic has his first encounter with the cyborg simian - Monkey Khan! Also featuring the beginning of the epic "World Tour" saga as Sonic and Tails take off to find the vile wizard Ixis Naugus! You can't pass up on this volume full of first appearances and major turning points for hero and villain alike!
The best-selling Sonic Archives graphic novel series continues! The hunt for the evil Ixis Naugus goes into full swing as Sonic and his best friend Tails continue the World Tour Saga! Can the power of friendship overrule the wills of interdimensional machine-gods? What is the sinister secret of Sand Blast City? And are those duck-bill platypus warriors riding crocodiles? You won't want to miss all of the first time appearances for characters like the Iron King and Queen, Jack Rabbit and his Sand Blast Freedom Fighters, and the debut of the Secret Service!
SONIC ARCHIVES VOLUME 16 collects SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #59-62 featuring digitally re-mastered art and special features!
Sonic Archives, Archie Comics' most successful graphic novel series ever, is back! Join Sonic and Tails as they travel the world and hunt for the evil wizard Ixis Naugus! As the epic confrontation escalates, Sonic gets more than he bargain for, discovering the original creator of the power rings - Nate Morgan! As an added bonus, this volume also includes the black-and-white noir parody "Sonic Spin City" from Sonic Super Special #15!
Sonic Archives, Archie Comics' most successful graphic novel series ever, is back! Sonic and Tails have defeated the evil wizard, Ixis Naugus, and rescued the long-exiled inventor Nate Morgan! Now for the hard part: getting home in one piece! All the while, a mysterious presence strikes out at Sonic from space! Also in this volume, Lupe and her pack of Freedom Fighters make a discovery that will change her family forever! Blast into the past at Sonic speed with this all-new volume, collecting Sonic the Hedgehog #67-70!
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ARCHIVES #19 Archie’s bestselling Sonic Archives series is back! Signaling a momentous change for the Sonic the Hedgehog comics, Sonic the Hedgehog Archives 19 features flashbacks, time-twisting plots, and the dread return of Sonic’s deadliest villain! And the changes don’t stop there - even Sonic himself is transformed in this thrilling new volume that transitions classic Sonic the Hedgehog with the current look of the modern Sega Sonic games! SONIC ARCHIVES VOLUME 19 collects issues #71-74 of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book.
The bestselling Sonic Archives continues! Mysteries abound in this lead-up to Sonic's third major milestone! Strange things are happening to our True Blue hero. A beam from space threatens the time-stream! The Robians vanish from Knothole! Dr. Robotnik's life story is broadcast across the world! It's up to Sonic and his Freedom Fighter friends to stop each plot and brave the unknowns of space! This volume features the dramatic return of Sonic's worst enemy!
Archie's bestselling Sonic Archives graphic novel series continues! There's thunder, rain and lightning! There's danger and water rising! Clamor, sirens wailing—it can only mean one thing: Chaos has been unleashed! Dr. Eggman has found the Ancient Onyx and the watery God of Destruction within. It's up to Sonic to save us all! This volume contains all the heart-pumping action as Angel Island drops from the sky, Sonic and his friends discover a long-lost world, and Amy Rose makes a decision that will change her life forever! Plus, catch the debuts of Big the Cat, E-102 Gamma, and Tikal in the latest installment of Archie's longest-running graphic novel series!
Archie's bestselling Sonic Archives graphic novel series continues! Get ready for super Sonic adventure as Sonic and his Freedom Fighter friends continue their battle in the lost city of Station Square amidst its mysterious human inhabitants! Buckle up for the dramatic conclusion to the Sonic Adventure video game tie-in story as Super Sonic and Knuckles take on the gigantic monster Perfect Chaos in a battle that will leave you breathless! SONIC ARCHIVES VOLUME 22 collects SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #83-84 and SONIC SUPER SPECIAL #13
It's adventure and questing galore in this installment in the acclaimed Sonic Archives series! Sonic fights for his life against, not one, but two robot doubles! Is the armor to Silver Sonic II really unbreakable? Is the latest Metal Sonic truly faster than the Blue Blur? Its up to Sonic and Tails to find out for sure! Meanwhile, Rotor makes a dangerous trek home to find the fate of his people. Monkey Khan is forced to relive his tragic past while a village of innocent lives hangs in the balance! And Knuckles begins to recover from the assault on Angel Island with some surprising and familiar faces! Sonic Archives 23 collects Sonic the Hedgehog #85-88 [sic].
Things are out of control in this latest installment of the Sonic Archives series! It's a time of upheaval for Sonic and his friends! The lives of the royal family hang in the balance, so King Acorn leads a brazen assault on Robotropolis—but to disastrous ends! Sonic races to save Uncle Chuck! Mysterious objects fall from space! Rotor finally returns home! It's just one thing after another! Sonic Archives 24 collects Sonic the Hedgehog #88-91. Featuring new cover art from Sonic comics legend Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante!
Treachery and mystery abound in the most exciting installment of the SONIC ARCHIVES yet! Sonic finds himself caught in the middle as heroes and villains alike plot and plan their own agendas--what's a super-speedy hedgehog to do? Dr. Eggman draws his wayward people into a city-sized trap! The traitor Kodos and his ninja accomplice Arachnis turn on each other, fighting for the magical Sword of Acorns! The power of the kingdom is snuck out from under Princess Sally by a double-sleeper agent! Sonic faces down Khan--the super-powerful cyborg monkey!
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG is the longest running video game-inspired hit comic ever! It's mystery and adventure galore for Sonic! Dr. Eggman is plotting something sinister in the heart of Robotropolis, and only Sonic can stop him! But will Sonic's heroics put him on the wrong side of the law? To make matters worse, the gulf between him and Princess Sally grows wider.
Archives Exclusive Stories
Archives #5: Everything Old is Newt Again
While on a motivational speaking tour of his forces, Dr. Robotnik becomes frustrated with his lack of success in defeating Sonic. Asking for ideas from his minions, he is surprised when Universalamander volunteers to attack the Freedom Fighters again. Robotnik agrees, promising to throw in an added twist that will spell doom for his foes. Meanwhile, in the Great Forest, the Knothole Freedom Fighters are enjoying a game of flag football-which Sonic dominates-when Universalamander arrives. Kicking Sonic out of sight, he attacks the other Freedom Fighters first, and briefly engages Bunnie Rabbot before handily defeating her.
Having landed in the middle of a desert, Sonic begins finding his way home by running in an ever-widening spiral in hopes of spotting a familiar landmark. Rotor attempts to defeat Universalmander by shrinking him as Sonic did in their last battle, only for him to grow larger due to Robotnik's FX Flip Device, which reverses any energy directed against it. Just as the larger Universalamander is about to crush the Freedom Fighters, Sonic returns. After hearing the deal with Universalamander's new powers, he directs Sally and Rotor to come up with a countermeasure while he, Bunnie, and Tails hold off the giant robot. Sally whips out her new NICOLE 7000, and the two are able to create a new and improved "reducer". When fired at Universalamander, however, the device is revealed to be an enlarger, which takes advantage of the FX Flip's effects to reduce Universalamander to molecular size. NICOLE predicts that similar strange events will continue to happen, which Sonic brushes off. Meanwhile, Robotnik fumes at the impromptu victory party being held by his henchmen.
- Sonic Archives #0: The Beginning (February 2009) - issues #0-#3 of the Original Sonic Miniseries (smaller reprint of Sonic: the Beginning (July 2003))
- Sonic Archives #1 (November 2006) - issues #1-#4 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Archives #2 (December 2006) - issues #5-#8 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Archives #3 (May 2007) - issues #9-#12 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Archives #4 (June 2007) - issues #13-#16 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Archives #5 (September 2007) - issues #17-#20 of Sonic the Hedgehog and "Everything Old is Newt Again" (New Story)
- Sonic Archives #6 (October 2007) - issues # 21-#24 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Archives #7 (June 2008) - issues #25-#28 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Archives #8 (July 2008) - issues #29-#32 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Archives #9 (October 2008) - issues #33-#36 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Archives #10 (March 2009) - issues #37-#40 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Archives #11 (August 2009) - issues #41-#44 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Archives #12 (January 2010) - issues #45-#48 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Archives #13 (July 2010) - issue #49 of Sonic the Hedgehog, "For Whom the Bell Tolls" (SSS #6), "Down and Out in Downunda" (SSS #4), and "Total Re-Genesis" (SSS #5)
- Sonic Archives #14 (December 2010) - issues #51-#54 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Archives #15 (June 2011) - issues #55-#58 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Archives #16 (October 2011) - issues #59-#62 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Archives #17 (January 2012) - issues #63-#66 of Sonic the Hedgehog and "Sonic Spin City" (SSS #15)
- Sonic Archives #18 (July 2012) - issues #67-#70 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Archives #19 (December 2012) - issues #71-#74 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Archives #20 (March 2013) - issues #75-#78 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Archives #21 (August 2013) - issues #79-#82 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Archives #22 (February 2014) - issues #83-#84 of Sonic the Hedgehog and "Sonic Adventure" (SSS #13)
- Sonic Archives #23 (August 2014) - issues #85-#87 of Sonic the Hedgehog and "Best of Times, Worst of Times" (SSS#14)
- Sonic Archives #24 (February 2015) - issues #88-#91 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Archives #25 (Cancelled) - issues #92-#95 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Archives #26 (Cancelled) - issues #96-#99 of Sonic the Hedgehog
- The series was launched to coincide with Sonic's 15th Anniversary in 2006.
- The covers for the series are drawn in the style of the classic Japanese Sega Sonic illustrations. Archiverse exclusive characters, such as the Freedom Fighters, while keeping their distinctive look, are slightly altered to resemble the small animals that are freed from destoying Badniks in the classic games, of which they are based (For example, Sally is made to resemble Ricky the Squirrel). Many other cameos and Easter-eggs relating to the classic games are also present on these covers, such as backdrop designs being based heavily on levels from the games, and the inclusion of the original Japanese design of Robotnik appearing in some form (though Robotnik himself retains his comic and SatAM design).
- Despite the transition to the modern "Sonic Adventure" era from Volume 19 onwards, the cover art still retains the classic Japanese SegaSonic style from previous covers. However elements of characters modern day looks are still added: Sonic has been given his current green eyes, updated shoes, and made taller, while overall he still resembles his classic look in terms of art style. Interestingly, this also allows game characters who who didn't exist in the classic era to appear in this style, for example, Big the Cat appears on the cover of Volume 21, drawn in the same style, the first time this has ever been seen in any official media.
- A number of canon discrepancies are included on the Sonic the Hedgehog Archives covers as the result of artistic license. For example, Buns Rabbot appears on the cover of #6 despite not appearing in the comics until issue #151. Several of the situations included on the cover art also never occurred in the comic itself, but this can all be attributed to the creative license of the cover artist.
- When one compares the remastered art to the original source, many changes can be seen at a second glance. For example, Sonic's eyelids are now colored blue/indigo instead of the color of his muzzle, similar to his recent design. Shading is more prominent and noticeable especially on characters like Sally Acorn. Dr. Robotnik's body suit circle design is shaded black instead of red probably to match his SatAM counterpart. Various small or nearly unnoticeable changes also coexist to uplift the quality.
- There are at least two editions of Sonic the Hedgehog Archives Vol. 1 and 2. The originals were printed with glossy covers and the newer versions had updated the back page with an extended list of the entries in the series.
- Volumes 13, 17, 22 and 23 are currently the only volumes to include stories from other Archie Sonic titles outside the main series. Being dedicated entirely to the finale of Endgame, Volume 13 contains the "Directors Cut" edition of Sonic #50 as printed in SSS#6, "Down and Out in Downunda" from SSS#4, and "Total Re:Genesis" from SSS#5. Volume 17 contains "Spin City" from SSS#15 as an extra feature. Volume 22 includes all of SSS#13 as part of the Sonic Adventure storyline. And finally, Volume 23 features "Best of Times, Worst of Times" from SSS#14.
Cover and Content Info
- Volume 0
- There are a number of printing differences between Sonic the Hedgehog: The Beginning and its reprint. For example, on page 56 in the newer version, some of the top of the page has been cut off including the logo.
- This is the only Volume that does not use the Sega Sonic illustration style, instead using Spaz's trademark anime-esque design.
- Volume 4
- On the cover, a balloon resembling Dr. Robotnik as he appeared in the classic Sonic video games can be seen.
- Knuckles pose on the cover appears very similar to a pose he had in one of the artworks for the PC title Sonic the Screensaver.
- Volume 6
- On the cover, Buns Rabbot appears among the Evil Freedom Fighters, despite not officially making her debut in the series until StH#151, much later.
- Volume 13
- The cover is based on the final battle panel in STH: #50/SSS: #6.
- The version of #50 printed in the book is actually the extended directors cut edition originally from Sonic Super Special #6. This version not only adds some extra story content, but also has some existing panels redrawn, particularly in the final battle sequence. The original edition of this issue has yet to be reprinted in any form.
- Volume 15
- The cover is based loosely on the cover of STH: #57.
- The cover includes two easter eggs: the logo for the game Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing can be seen on a blimp in the background, alongside a balloon resembling Dr. Robotnik as he appears in the early Sonic video games.
- Volume 16
- On the cover, Ixis Naugus's face slightly resembles Dr. Robotnik as he appears in the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog TV series.
- Volume 20
- The image of Sonic that appears on the monitor behind Eggman on the cover is a near identical replication of a piece of stock art originally made for the game Sonic CD. The only difference is the addition of his modern green eyes.
- Volume 21
- The volume contains a few notable alterations to the artwork:
- The opening 2-page spread of #81, where Amy was shown with her knee bulging through her skirt, was edited to remove the knee, due to the knee's unintentionally suggestive placement.
- The Knuckles story in #82, the incorrect illustration of Tikal when she first appears to Knuckles has been altered so that she appears in her normal design. Additionally, all instances of her name being misspelled have been corrected.
- Amy's design in the Gamma back-up story in #82 was tweaked slightly to omit any inconsistencies.
- The first story of #79 oddly removed two speech bubbles of a Shadowbot talking when Sonic and Nate Morgan discover Eggman's plans with a telecrate as seen in the original print. The reason for this is unknown but the story would have flowed the same way even without the Shadowbot's speech.
- The volume contains a few notable alterations to the artwork:
- Volume 22
- The cover bears some similarities to the cover art for #84. Perfect Chaos' appearance is based on how the beast appeared in the game Sonic Generations, where parts of its body where green, as well as blue. According to the game developers, this was how Chaos was originally intended to appear in Sonic Adventure, but the lack of graphical resources at the time didn't allow for it.
- Despite appearing in the Archives since Volume 1, this is the first volume to feature Super Sonic on the cover.
- Earlier solicits for this volume stated that issues 85 and 86 would be included, with no mention being made of SSS#13. This was changed in later solicits.
- This is the first volume to have the names of some of the writers and artists written on the front.
- Volume 23
- The solicit for this volume stated that only issues #85-#88 would appear. Later, the preview for this volume at the back of volume 22 stated a story from Sonic Super Special #14 would also appear. Based on previous reprints, it's been speculated that the story in question will be "Best of Times, Worst of Times". This would make sense as the story leads directly into the Knuckles story arc that would begin in #88
- Volume 24
- Volume 25
- If it wasn't cancelled, this would have been the first milestone volume of Sonic Archives and the first Sonic GN to have a milestone volume.
- Volume 26
- The current cover for Archives #26 appears to be a placeholder
- The cover art comes from #96