- This article is on the version of Shade from Another Time, Another Place. For the main universe version, see Shade the Echidna.
Retrieving the Last Emerald
After Knuckles fought a whole group of Marauders after they destroyed a trap made by Tails with a Chaos Emerald as bait, Shade stepped on to the battle field and quickly knocked out Knuckles, though she was impressed by his abilities. Despite the rest of the Marauders' objections, Shade decided to keep Knuckles prisoner after retrieving the Chaos Emerald. Little did she know that as soon as she left, Tails raced to get help from Sonic the Hedgehog, Amy Rose and G.U.N. to save Knuckles. (StH: #191)
Shade appears to be a cunning individual and, although her fellow Marauders don't seem to mind it, is opposed to unnecessary violence and killing, and even regrets being forced to go into battle and doing harm to her enemies. She also shows respect to skilled individuals even if they are her enemies. (StH: #191)
- The story Shade debuted in was the comic adaptation of the game Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. Like the Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic Unleashed, and Sonic Colors adaptations, this story was said to take place in "another time and place." Writer Ian Flynn has stated that the above is a separate continuity from the regular comic.
- Shade and the Marauders' species was not revealed in the comic adaptation. However, as they were presented as echidnas in their game appearance, this site recognizes this under tier 2 canon.
- Writer Ian Flynn has stated that he would like to feature Shade in another story and already has ideas for one, but is still waiting for authorization to publish it. (1)
- It is speculated by many fans that Shade was based on Julie-Su as they share some of the same personality and also have similar back stories. Perhaps as a nod to this, Julie-Su's Dark Mobius counterpart's Prelate, Prelate-JS, resembles Shade in armored form.