Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- No Previous Issue ←—→ Next Issue
- The stories in this issue take place at various points in the continuity. See each stories summery for details
ALL-NEW DIRECT MARKET-EXCLUSIVE special! There are so many epic battles in the SONIC/MEGA MAN crossover event that the biggest brawls of the bunch have exploded into their very own book! This extra-special bonus issue features exciting duels spilling over from the pages of the much-talked about “Worlds Unite” event, and feature an all-star cast of creators! Watch Mega Man bring the ruckus to the Deadly Six, the Maverick Hunters ultimate showdown with Vile and Dr. Light’s Robot Masters tussle with the unstoppable power of hero-turned-uber-villain Sonic Man! LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLE! Also featuring variant art from Patrick “SPAZ” Spaziante, and a special wrap-around cover and sketch variant by Sonic and Mega Man superstars Evan Stanley & Jamal Peppers!
- Mega Man vs. Deadly 3
- This story expands on the events seen on page 17 of Sonic Universe #76
While on a supply run for Light Labs, Rock is contemplating his sister Roll's concern for him but is confident that nothing bad is going to happen. He is violently proven wrong when his transport is smashed by Zomom of the Deadly Six, whom he briefly mistakes for a Yellow Devil robot. Converting into battle mode, he is then attacked by Master Zik, and is left confused as to whether he is dealing with robots or living creatures, the latter of which his programming forbids him to fight. Unfortunately, he has little time to figure it out, as he is then attacked by Zazz, who deals him a number of slashes before Mega Man is able to punch him away.
- Maverick Hunters vs. Vile
- This story takes place between page 4 of Sonic Universe #76 and the beginning of Sonic Boom #8
Zero and Axl are attacking Sigma's fortress in their world and forced to contend with Vile. Zero advises the rookie Maverick Hunter to attack before Vile can react to their moves, only for Vile to lay down fire that forces them to take cover and mockingly suggest that they should have kept X with them. Axl takes a brief moment of surprise at the notion that Vile was once one of the Maverick Hunters, and then compares the idea to Zero's attitude towards him when he first joined. Annoyed, Zero and his teammate press their attack, and Zero asks whether Axl managed to copy the abilities of any enemies while they were storming the fortress. Upon getting an affirmative, he orders Axl into flanking position while he faces off with Vile.
- Sonic Man vs. The Robot Masters
- This story takes place directly between Sonic Boom #8 and Sonic the Hedgehog #273
Dr. Eggman and Dr. Wily watch gleefully as M'egga Man and Sonic Man attack Mobotropolis and Mega City. Impressed by their own handiwork as usual, the pair express some disappointment that the two Roboticized Masters won't be around very long, but are pleased that the two heroes will soon be returned to normal and seek revenge on Sigma. Wily then notes with glee that the Light Robot Masters have arrived to challenge Sonic Man, and advises Eggman to "Pull up a chair" because "it's showtime!" In Mega City, Fire Man and his brothers watch as Sonic Man terrorizes civilians, but are confident that they can win with teamwork. Unfortunately, when Time Man slows down time in an effort to thwart Sonic Man, the corrupted Sonic the Hedgehog remains fast enough to do battle.
- The details of Mega Man's battle with Master Zik, Zazz and Zomom of the Deadly Six, Zero and Axl's battle with Vile, and the Light Robot Masters battle with Sonic Man are revealed.
- The trio of Zeti won their battle by using their robot-controlling abilities to make Mega Man shoot himself in the head.
- Zero and Axl won their battle with unexpected assistance from Silver the Hedgehog, who had ended up in X's world after helping Sonic defeat Metal Sonic.
- Even though they tried, the Light Robot Masters were unable to comprehend with Sonic Man's speed, and lost their battle.
- The events of "The Maverick Hunters vs. Vile" is the only story from either of the "Battle" books which actually remains canon after the events of the crossover are self-retconned (except for the last three panels). This is due to the fact that everything up to the final three panels takes place just before the moment where Xander Payne changes the timeline.
Errors & Mistakes
- Axle's first chronological encounter with Vile occurs later in the timeline, during the beginning events of Mega Man X8 (which takes place after "Worlds Unite").
Cameos & References
- The Robot Master introductions introduce Cut Man by saying "He's a lumberjack and he's okay!" This line comes from the Monty Python's Flying Circus musical number "The Lumberjack Song."
- Mega Man: Worlds Unite Battles Issue 1 at Mega Man Knowledge Base
- Mega Man: Worlds Unite Battles Issue 1 at Sonic News Network