Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- For specific groups of Freedom Fighters, see Freedom Fighters (disambiguation).
The Freedom Fighters are a group of collective or independent militia/rebel forces that originally formed to oppose the tyranny of Dr. Ivo Robotnik. After the despot's demise, the groups continued to exist when he was replaced by another dimension's version of himself known as Robo Robotnik. The various Freedom Fighter groups continue to wage war on the occupying forces of the Eggman Empire. The Freedom Fighters have many various factions all over Mobius, often opposing a corresponding Dark Egg Legion chapter.
- Arctic Freedom Fighters - defenders of the Northern Tundra
- Crazy Kritter Freedom Fighters - defenders of Mercia
- Downunda Freedom Fighters - defenders of Downunda
- Forty Fathom Freedom Fighters - defenders of the Mobian Oceans
- Nerb Freedom Fighters - defenders of the Nerb Kingdom
- Sand-Blasters (renegade) - defenders of Sand Blast City
- Secret Freedom Fighters (undercover) - covert operations group in New Mobotropolis
- Team Fighters - made up of former Knothole Freedom Fighters, pursuing Dr. Eggman across Mobius
- Team Freedom - defenders of New Mobotropolis after breakup of Knothole Freedom Fighters.
- Wolf Pack (now part of the Wolf Pack Nation) - defenders of Wolf Pack Nation territory in Soumerca
- Dragon Kingdom Freedom Fighters - Defenders of the Dragon Kingdom - destroyed by the Iron Queen through Monkey Khan
- High Flying Freedom Fighters - Destroyed by Dr. Ivo Robotnik
- Knothole Freedom Fighters - Defenders of Knothole Village and later New Mobotropolis - broken up after losing three of their members - former members later create Team Fighters and Team Freedom
- Original Freedom Fighters - Original defenders of Mobotropolis - Destroyed by Dr. Ivo Robotnik and the treachery of fellow member Trey Scales
- Robotropolis Spy Network - (Destroyed by Dr. Ivo Robotnik)
- Rebel Underground - (Dismantled - some members have since become the Royal Secret Service)
- Secret Intelligence Division - (Dismantled - due to the reformed Royal Secret Service)
- Substitute Freedom Fighters - (Dismantled - some members are retired, while others have become part of the Acorn Council and Secret Freedom Fighters)
- Chaotix - (defenders of Angel Island; membership reduced to three)
Freedom Fighter groups typically act as individual cells, though they have sometimes worked together on missions. It has been rare for any group to have more than a dozen members. Typically, they prefer to use espionage, sabotage and guerrilla warfare. However, the Knothole Freedom Fighters and Chaotix in particular have been known to stage frontal assaults periodically, and have at times enlisted other Freedom Fighter groups in such action as well.
- The Freedom Fighter groups consist of a mixture of characters:
- The Knothole/New Mobotropolis group(s) consists of characters from the Sega games and the Sonic the Hedgehog animated series.
- The Chaotix consist of Sega characters and characters exclusive to the comic series.
- The Wolf Pack was first featured in the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon, but only its leader Lupe was distinguished as a character.
- The Secret Freedom Fighters membership includes a Sega character, an alternate version of a Sega character, two members of the Wolf Pack, and two characters exclusive to the series.
- All the other Freedom Fighter groups on Mobius Prime are made up of comic-exclusive characters, with the exception of Uncle Chuck-a carry over from the cartoon series-appearing as a member of the Robotropolis Spy Network.
- The Wolf Pack, Forty Fathom, and the Downunda Freedom Fighters are the only groups to be featured in stories unaccompanied by members of either the Knothole Freedom Fighters or the Chaotix.
- Most of the Freedom Fighter groups have an all or mostly male membership, with only one or two female members if any. The only known exceptions to this are the Knothole group, which at its largest included four female members-if one includes Nicole-and the Wolf Pack, which had six-if one includes Maria, Aerial, and Athena along with Lupe, Leeta, and Lyco.