Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dr. Ivo Kintobor, also known as Dr. Julian Kintobor was the Moebius counterpart of Dr. Ivo Robotnik. Unlike his Mobius counterpart, Anti Robotnik was a kind and gentle Overlander who actually protected the Moebians from the Anti-Freedom Fighters, later renamed the Suppression Squad by Scourge the Hedgehog. Dr. Kintobor ran a tower protected by a force-field that served as a hospital for all those injured by the Suppression Squad and later as a safe-haven for all who feared King Scourge's new rule. When he first met Sonic Prime, he mistook him for Scourge and had some of his patients try to capture him, only for Sonic to escape and later tricked them into capturing Scourge using their similar appearances. Anti Robotnik met up with Sonic Prime again and met Amy Rose for the first time when they used Star Posts to enter his clinic. He gave them information regarding how the Suppression Squad had gone to Mobius Prime using his Globe Posts and told them about Rosy the Rascal. He was later given back his Globe Posts and used them to send the Knothole Freedom Fighters back home.
Anti Robotnik ran a veterinarian clinic to heal and protect various Mobians who had been attacked by the Anti Freedom Fighters. To protect his clinic, he employed a dome force field to keep the Anti Freedom Fighters out. Additionally, Anti Robotnik employed SWEEPbots to clean up litter left behind by the Anti Freedom Fighters. (StH: #11, SSS: #10)
When he first encountered Sonic the Hedgehog, Anti Robotnik mistook him for his Anti Mobius counterpart, Anti Sonic and ordered his patients to capture him. However, he soon realized Sonic's good intentions after he assisted in defeating Anti Sonic. Anti Robotnik then gave Sonic Prime a device to clean up all the waste Robotnik Prime was pooring out of one of his factories back on Mobius, and it did its job so fast that it caused the factory to explode under pressure. (StH: #11)
Helping Sonic and Amy
Years later, Anti-Robotnik (now going by the name Dr. Ivo Kintobor) once again encountered Sonic Prime when he and Amy Rose journeyed to Moebius in order to find assistance against Scourge and his Suppression Squad. Calling off Buns Rabbot from her attack, Anti Robotnik explained to her the two weren't enemies. He then proceeded to explain how he'd constructed the Omega Care Unit to prevent Buns's Neuro-Immuno Deficiency Syndrome (NIDS) from spreading throughout her body, and that the Suppression Squad had stolen his Globe Posts, which he'd created to travel to other zones to find new medical techniques to help cure NIDS. Asking him for help, Sonic and Amy were later directed by Buns to seek out Anti Amy to defeat the Suppression Squad, though Anti Robotnik objected to this due to her insanity. However, he later allowed Buns to accompany Sonic and Amy in their attempt to recruit Rosy, though he continued to worry about Buns's safety. (StH: #193)
Following the successful defeat of Scourge, Anti Robotnik's Globe Posts were returned to him by the Suppression Squad under Buns's watch. As the Freedom Fighters returned to Mobius Prime, he personally thanked Sonic for his help and then transported him to the No Zone where Scourge would be imprisoned by the Zone Cops. (StH: #196, #197)
Where Robotnik Prime was cruel, sadistic, cantankerous, and very egotistical, Dr. Kintobor is the exact opposite. He is a kind and gentle man who wishes to make sure that the people of Moebius are kept safe. He also dislikes pollution and littering and has made Sweepbots to clean up litter left behind by the Anti Freedom Fighters. He is very concerned with the safety of others and opposes violent means in general, refusing to give the Omega Suit anything other than non-lethal weaponry. (StH: #193, SSS: #10)
- It was said in an unofficial role-palying Q&A with Ian Flynn that Dr. Kintobor was formerly very fond of gardening and poetry during the days of the Great Peace, but has been too busy as of late to continue them. While the Q&A may be non-canon, this could still very well be true and could be included should Dr. Kintobor make another appearance. (1)
- Originally Anti Robotnik was depicted as being just like Robotnik Prime and equally overweight (was even addressed as Dr. Robotnik). This changed in Sonic Super Special #10 where he was shown to be incredibly skinny and has stayed that way ever since.
- Although Anti Robotnik is the alternate counterpart to Robotnik Prime, his current appearance looks more like that of Dr. Eggman.
- Even though Anti Robotnik is an Overlander, he has five fingers.
- Similar to Anti Amy, Anti Robotnik's current appearance draws heavily from the original character design of Dr. Robotnik of the game universe, although he is notably thinner.
- Dr. Kintobor's name may have originally been Julian but like Robotnik prime, took his father's name Ivo. Also it might be possible that in the anti-zone, the families names were reversed, Dr. Kintobor's real name may have been Julian Robotnik and Gerald and Maria were probably named Kintobor.
- Anti-Robotnik currently holds the longest resolved "non-appearance gap" in the main comic series at 182 issues (StH: #11-193), and the third longest overall. He did however appear in Sonic Super Special #10, which is outside the main comic series.
- Anti-Robotnik is very similar to Dr. Ovi Kintobor from the Fleetway Sonic the Comic series, a thin man, like his Archie counterpart, was also a peacekeeper for his planet who enjoyed gardening.