Created by Dr. Eggman as his minions, the Buzzbombers were used early on during the doctor's takeover of Mobotropolis to attack the fleeing citizens and later harass the inhabitants of the village of Knothole. (FCDS: #8, SSD: #8)
Shattered World Crisis
- From a reader's perspective, this picks up from where the original Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity left off.
Over time, a number of scrapped Buzzbombers were left behind in a deserted Eggman junkyard which Zavok, Zeena, and Zor reanimated with their magnetic powers and used to defeat Sonic the Hedgehog during their visit there. These events were later prevented from ever happening thanks to a time traveling Xander Payne. (WUB: StH)
A number of Buzzbombers sporting a different color scheme were later seen attacking the Freedom Fighters and the Wolf Pack in the Thunder Plains Zone along with Gekogeko Badniks and the E-100 Series robot, E-118 Tau, but they were all quickly destroyed by the two groups. (StH: #277)
Buzzbomber is capable of flight, and can shoot at foes with its stinger. The stinger itself is as sharp as a needle. Fortunately, they're weaker than most badniks.
- Buzzbomber is based off a badnik (Beeton in Japan) from Sonic the Hedgehog, both Genesis and Game Gear versions. He flies around pausing only to shoot below. He appeared in Green Hill (Genesis and Game Gear) Bridge (Game Gear only) Marble and Spring Yard Zone (Genesis only) he also was seen in the bonus Green Hill Zone in Sonic Adventure 2.
- The name of Buzzbomber's game counterpart is actually two words- Buzz Bomber.
- A Buzzbomber makes a cameo on the Evil Friends Forever cover of Archie Sonic Universe #53.
- A group of Buzzbombers that are seen attacking the Freedom Fighters and the Wolf Pack in Sonic the Hedgehog #277 are incorrectly colored, sporting a color scheme heavily resembling that of the Badnik, Buzzer, from the video game, Sonic the Hedgehog 2.