Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 92 was the ninety-second issue of the main Sonic the Hedgehog comic series.
- "The Wrath of Khan" - Chapter One
A lone figure makes his journey across the wastes surrounding Robotropolis, having journeyed from the other side of Mobius. He continues walking, through night and day, driven by hatred and the desire for revenge. Meanwhile, Dr. Eggman is outraged over the disappearance of the Sword of Acorns. However, Eggman quickly realizes that Sonic doesn't know the sword is gone and he can use this situation to his advantage.
Meanwhile, in the Forbidden Zone, Sonic hides while he watches a group of Overlanders exit the two spaceships that crash landed outside Robotropolis. Lady Agnes asks their leader, "Lord Kintobor", if this was their intended destination. Kintobor asks his colleague, Cheddermund, to tell them where they are. The Overlander explains that they have landed outside of the largest urban center on the planet just as a young girl, Hope, spots Sonic and is frightened by him. The Overlanders react hostilely, with Lord Kintobor preparing to fight Sonic, when a broken ComBot grabs Lady Agnes. Sonic destroys the Com-Bot, saving Agnes, who is stunned.
Mina Mongoose and Rotor arrive in Knothole, where Geoffrey St. John explains that someone has stolen the Sword of Acorns. Despite Mina's attempts to stop Rotor from talking, Geoffrey realizes what's going on and demands an explanation. Meanwhile, Eggman notices that Colin Kintobor is the leader of the Overlanders who landed outside Robotropolis. He decides that he will roboticize his counterpart's brother, as well as all of the other Overlanders. Sonic tries to explain the situation to the Overlanders, but Eggman projects a hologram of himself outside the city and tells them that Robotropolis will serve as a safe hiding place from the Mobians. Suddenly, Monkey Khan appears, ready to fight Eggman.
- "The Wrath of Khan" - Chapter Two
Khan attacks Eggman's hologram, causing the Overlanders to panic. Meanwhile, in Knothole, Geoffrey futilely tries to interrogate Mina. Hershey asks him to step aside, promising Mina that Sonic will not be punished if she cooperates. Not long after, Mina confesses that Sonic stole the sword. Geoffrey is so happy he tells Hershey he could kiss her; Hershey just wonders why he doesn't.
As the Overlanders rush for Robotropolis, Khan prepares to attack the city. Sonic intercepts him, trying to calm him down so the Overlanders will stop panicking. They begin to fight and Sonic asks what Khan's problem is. Khan explains that Eggman destroyed Kar Leung and roboticized everyone he cares about. Sonic argues that Khan shouldn't take it out on the innocent Overlanders, but he retorts that his village was also innocent.
Tails meets up with Rotor while Sally talks with her mother about her life since they were separated. Sally fills her in on everything that happened, explaining how she relied on her friends when she had no family, and surprises the queen by telling her that she was in charge of the remnants of the kingdom while her father was gone. Back in the Badlands, Sonic rushes towards Robotropolis but is stopped by the city's force field. Khan flies off, frustrated that he can't attack Eggman. With the Overlanders willing prisoners and Khan gone, Sonic screams after the rogue monkey in anger.
Sonic, fast asleep, dreams he's being chased by a train. He heads down the tracks and into a tunnel, only for the train to disappear as he finds himself face to face with a giant gemstone. Sonic notices that it's nothing like the Chaos Emeralds and notices his friends in the gem's reflection as he steps closer. He turns back to see Knuckles, Amy, and Tails, and asks where Sally and the other Freedom Fighters are. Amy tells him that they aren't with them, but someone else has decided to tag along.
In a flash of light, Lumina appears before Sonic and introduces herself to him. Sonic insists that this is just a bad dream, but Lumina tells him that she sent out a cry for help that was answered by Sonic's sub-conscience. She tells him that the massive gem before them is the Precioustone, the gateway to Maginary World; a crystal made of hopes and dreams across dimensions. Lumina explains that Maginary World is in grave danger, as Void one day drained the power of the Precioustone, sucking the joy and life from the world and setting it on a path to destruction.
Lumina gives Sonic a special bracelet and asks him to touch the Precioustone to begin his adventure. He does so, and the Precioustone shatters. Sonic suddenly wakes up in the real world with Lumina at his side, much to his surprise. She shows him a portal to Maginary World with his friends waiting for him on the other side, and tells him it's time to save the world.
Sonic rides in a fighter plane, swearing to neither give nor ask for "quarter." The plane begins to shake and Sonic asks the editor for a quarter so he can pay to stay on the children's plane ride. Written by Mike Gallagher, Pencils by Dave Manak, Inks by Jim Amash.
- Khan: "I have had enough of you!"
- Sonic: "Well, I've had enough of 'pokemon' but you don't see me complanin!"
- Sonic: "KHAAAAAAN!"
- The mysterious space vessels are revealed to carry Overlanders along with Colin Kintobor, Robotnik's brother, who's fate was left unknown after the Great War.
- Sonic best decides to remain hidden from the Overlanders but is spotted by Hope Kintobor who screams.
- A half defeated Com-Bot from the previous battle gets up and snags Lady Agnes, Hope's grandmother. But is saved by Sonic.
- Sonic tries to warn the Overlanders their in dangerous territories but Robotnik appears claiming Sonic is the enemy.
- Monkey Khan attacks Robotropolis for the destruction of Kar Leung, frightening the Overlanders who flee into Robotropolis.
- Robotnik activates the city's dome shield separating Sonic from the Overlanders.
- Monkey Khan leaves claiming he'll get his revenge the next round.
- This issue features a comic tie-in to the videogame Sonic Shuffle.
- In "Premonition", Sonic is given a bracelet. The item's function was never explained.
- This the last issue to be published on a monthly schedule; starting with issue 93, the series was published every 4 weeks.
- Michael Higgins, who did the pencil art for "The Wrath of Khan", was heavily criticized for copying artwork by other artists several times throughout this story. (1)
Cameos & References
- The title "The Wrath of Khan" comes from the movie Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, including the famous line "KHAAAAAAN!". Additionally, Monkey Khan's quote "I have had enough of you!" is likely a reference to the same line from Captain Kirk in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock due to the way the speech bubbles are spaced.
- Sonic's line, "Well I've had enough of Pokémon, but you don't see me complainin!" is a reference to the Pokémon franchise.
- Eggman calls his Badniks "Protectobots" when trying to fool the Overlanders. This is also the name of a group of Autobots in the Transformers franchise.
- Amy is mistakenly colored lavender on the last page of "Premonition".
This issue has been reprinted in the following places:
|Sonic the Hedgehog (StH)||
|Sonic Universe (SU)||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 ||
|Sonic Boom (SB)||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ||
|Sonic X (SX)||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 ||
|Knuckles the Echidna (KtE)||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 ||
|Tie-Ins||Sabrina: 28 | Mega Man: 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 50 | 51 | 52 ||
|Mini-Series||Sonic Miniseries: 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | Sally Miniseries: 1 | 2 | 3 | Tails Miniseries: 1 | 2 | 3 | Knuckles Miniseries: 1 | 2 | 3 | Sonic Quest Miniseries: 1 | 2 | 3 ||
|One-shot Specials||Sonic In Your Face | Sonic & Knuckles | Sonic Triple Trouble | Knuckles' Chaotix | Super Sonic vs Hyper Knuckles | Sonic & Knuckles: Mecha Madness | Sonic Live! | Sonic Blast | Mega Man: Worlds Unite Battles | Sonic the Hedgehog: Worlds Unite Battles | Mega Drive | Sonic: Mega Drive- The Next Level | Sonic: Mega Drive- Overdrive ||
|Sonic Super Specials (SSS)||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 ||
|Free Comic Specials (FCBD/HCF)||Sonic #1/4 | Archie Mini 98 | Archie Mini 99 | Secret Rings | Sonic FCBD 07 | Sonic FCBD 08 | Sonic FCBD 09 | Sonic FCBD 10 | Sonic FCBD 11 | Sonic FCBD 12 | Sonic FCBD 13 | Sonic HCF 13 | Sonic FCBD 14 | SB: Digital | Sonic FCBD 15 | Sonic FCBD 16 ||
|Sonic Super Special Magazine
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 ||
|Sonic Super Digest
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ||
|Reprints & Compilations||Sonic Archives | Sonic Saga Series | Sonic the Hedgehog Graphic Novel Series | Sonic Select | Sonic Universe Graphic Novel Series | Sonic Boom Graphic Novel Series | Knuckles Archives | Sonic Legacy Series | Best of Sonic the Hedgehog | Sonic Comics Spectacular | Sonic/Mega Man: Worlds Collide | Sonic/Mega Man: Worlds Unite | Archie Digital Exclusives | Standalone Graphic Novels ||
|International Versions||France | Germany | United Kingdom ||
|Other||Variant Covers | Sonic Comic Book Packs | Sonic Comic App | Video Games | The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia | Sonic Super Special Magazine Issue 14 (Limited/Unreleased Version) ||