Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 84 was the eighty-fourth issue of the main Sonic the Hedgehog comic series.
- "Perfect Chaos"
In the heart of the Mysterious Cat Country, the Chaotix and Cat People watch as Locke prepares to face the Cat Queen's champion, Razorklaw, in battle. Locke tries to convince the queen that they don't need to fight, but she refuses to trust a descendent of the Knuckles Clan. Razorklaw puts Locke in a headlock, but Locke manages to break the cat's grip and knock him out in a single punch. With the battle over, Locke asks if the queen if they can finally sit down and talk about their problems.
Meanwhile, in Station Square, Super Sonic and Perfect Chaos continue their battle. Knuckles and the Freedom Fighters try to clear the citizens out of the way as debris fall from the buildings around them. To Bunnie's horror, Antoine is struck in the leg by a falling rock. Knuckles and Bunnie rush to his aid despite his protests. Delivering Antoine to the other Freedom Fighters, Knuckles heads out to find a way to stop Chaos while Sonic continues distracting him.
While Locke and the Cat Queen argue about the intentions of the ancient Echidnas, Knuckles arrives at the flooded Station Square power plant. Overcoming his fear of water, Knuckles dives in and navigates through the facility. Meanwhile, Super Sonic notices that Perfect Chaos seems dazed and tries taunting the beast into chasing him, hoping that it won't be able to keep up. As he flies by, Sally hands Sonic a copper pipe and explains that Knuckles is heading to the power plant. He directs Perfect Chaos to a series of power lines, confident that as long as he has a super-powered shield when the power comes back on he'll be safe.
Knuckles lifts the misaligned generator into place, drawing power from deep within. The power lines spark to life and, with one final punch from Super Sonic, Perfect Chaos is zapped back into his standard form and the Super Emeralds transform into Chao. Sonic helps Knuckles out of the water when Tikal appears, explaining that she and Chaos must return to their own Zone. With the day saved, the Freedom Fighters bid Knuckles farewell as he plans to head back to the Floating Island with the Master Emerald shards.
- "Bridge Over Troubled Waters"
Knuckles uses the Guiding Star Gem to make his way back to the Floating Island when he notices a strange signal. He heads to its source and finds Sabre, Spectre, Thunderhawk and Sojourner. Knuckles gives them the emerald shards and they show Knuckles their new Chaos Chamber for the restored Master Emerald. With the pieces in place, the Master Emerald is restored and the Floating Island returns to the sky.
Knuckles wonders where his father has gone, prompting Thunderhawk to take him to the Mysterious Cat Country. There, Knuckles is reunited with Julie-Su, Vector, Espio and Mighty. Locke welcomes his son and shows him a statue of Pachacamac of the Knuckles Clan dominating a cat. Explaining the basic history of the Knuckles Clan, Locke tells his son that he named him after the clan as a way to reclaim their heritage. The Cat Queen apologizes for capturing his friends and judging them harshly. With everything resolved, Knuckles, his father and the Chaotix head back to the Floating Island.
Eggman fiendishly explains his plan to steal the pieces of the Master Emerald and feed them to Chaos. He then starts choking up as he explains that he's doing it to get back at his mom for stealing his sled. The editor is annoyed that playing psychiatrist is part of his job. Written by Michael Gallagher, Pencils by Dave Manak, Inks by Jim Amash.
- Super Sonic: "Too bad this isn't a game -- where you can press the pause button for a time-out!"
- Knuckles: "What's the score?"
- Sonic: "The good guys won! What else did you expect?"
- Razorklaw is defeated in a duel, leading to his banishment. (StH: #214)
- Super Sonic and Knuckles succeed in reverting Perfect Chaos back to normal.
- Tikal and Chaos head back to their home Zone.
- The Floating Island is restored to the skies.
- This issue's cover is the second half of a two part image.
- This issue's frontispiece is a promotional illustration of Sonic for the Sonic Adventure video game recolored yellow to resemble Super Sonic.
- Tikal's dialogue states that "it's time now we returned to the zone they belong to" implying that Chaos and herself were in another zone prior to their release.
Cameos & References
- On the cover, Super Sonic is wearing the Light Speed Shoes, a power-up item that Sonic could obtain in the Sonic Adventure video game.
- During Super Sonic's fight with Perfect Chaos, Sonic makes a remark about how it is too bad the situation isn't a game. The fight in this issue is based off the final boss fight in Sonic Adventure, so Super Sonic's statement is a reference to the title.
- "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" is named after a song by Simon and Garfunkel.
- In this issue's Off Panel, Eggman talks about his sled called "Rosebud". This is a reference to the classic film, Citizen Kane.
- Tikal is mistakenly called "Tical" in the issue.
- "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" is completely uncredited. It can be assumed to have been written by Ken Penders.
This issue has been reprint in the following places:
- Sonic Archives Vol. 22
- "Perfect Chaos" was reprinted in Sonic Super Special Magazine #2. The first two pages were omitted in this printing.