Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 4 was the fourth issue of the main Sonic the Hedgehog comic series.
- "The Lizard of Odd" - Part One
- Robotnik promises that the next creature captured will be transformed into a super robot. Just then a gang of Swatbots drive up with the newest catch. Excited, Robotnik runs out, under the impression that the creature is a rhino or elephant, but it turns out to be a salamander. True to his word, Robotnik robotizes the salamander but the Buzzbomber at the controls accidentally makes it super-sized. The robot calls himself Universalamander. Back in Knothole, Sonic complains that the comic is still named after him while the other Freedom Fighters see Universalamander on their hidden cameras, crushing the forest. Sonic goes to try and stop it but ends up being eaten and carried off by the creature after seeing Robotnik himself fleeing.
- "The Lizard of Odd" - Part Two
- From inside, Sonic upsets Universalamander's stomach until he is spit out and the fight begins again. Sonic can't win, but luckily (not seen) has collected all seven Chaos Emeralds and fifty rings, which he stashed at a nearby Star Post. He leaps into the Star Post's energy ring (as is done in Sonic the Hedgehog 2) and enters the Special Zone where one would normally obtain a Chaos Emerald. He collects fifty more rings and transforms into Super Sonic. Sonic jumps through Universalamander's stomach and runs into Knothole village where he gets the enlarge/shrink piece of the roboticizer they destroyed in the last issue. He then shrinks Universalamander, who runs away, leaving the Freedom Fighters to have dinner when Antoine sits on a whoopie cushion placed by Sonic makes everyone laugh(except Antoine)and Rotor claims that super Sonic has a super sense of humor.
- "Tails Little Tale"
- Sonic is tired after the first story and is taking a nap under a tree, leaving Tails to declare himself the Great Forest's protector. He climbs a hill and claims he can see all with his vigilance, but behind him at the bottom of the hill Robotnik has returned and the Badniks are celebrating.with him on a company picnic. Ivo sends the Badniks to cause trouble and a Buzzbomber and Orbinaut capture Tails. Tails breaks free and, overconfident, tries to take on Robotnik himself. He flies to Mobotropolis and attacks a shadow he thinks is Dr. Robotnik but is actually a Swatbot's shadow puppet. A pair of Swatbots capture Tails, who is then freed by Sonic. The robots begin to self-destruct so Sonic escapes with Tails, who learns to "look before he leaps" just as he steps into an inexplicable hole in the middle of the road.
- Universalamander: I forgot the old saying: Never eat anything blue!
- Antoine: Sonic the Hedgehog will be scavenged!
- Rotor: That's AVENGED, Antoine!
- Sonic: Hey, Universalmineo! Let's make small talk!
- Tails: I'm the Michael Jordan of Freedom Fighters!
- Sonic: Well Tails...I hope this incident has taught you about patience!
- Tails: (while approaching a hole) Absolutely! From now on, I'll look before I leap!
- This is the first issue Bunnie hair dresses Princess Sally. She would do this once again in Sonic the Hedgehog #177
- A one-page story featuring Verti-Cal and Horizont-Al includes a panel that would be reused in a flashback scene in issue 59.
- The first story is named The Lizard of Odd. This is an obvious pun off of the 1939 film, The Wizard of Oz.
- Sonic mentions the requirements of turning into Super Sonic (seven Chaos Emeralds and fifty Rings). However, how he does so is wrong - he makes it sound like you must go into the Special Stage one last time to get the fifty rings.