- Previous Issue ←—→ Next Issue
Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 290 is the two-hundred and ninetieth issue in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series published by Archie Comics.
The Super Sonic Warrior returns in "Genesis of a Hero" Part Three: The 25th anniversary celebration continues with another blast to the past! Which is also to the future, and the past, and back again! When Sonic goes to see the annual return of Little Planet, he’s surprised to find it chained to a mountain! Join us for the exciting adventures of Sonic CD! Featuring cover art by the legendary Patrick Spaziante plus a “Cosmic Eternity” variant by Mr. Sonic comics himself, Tracy Yardley!
- In the past, Sonic finds the Little Planet chained to the earth during its annual passing over Never Lake.
- It's revealed that the events of the game Sonic Generations occured somewhere between this issue and last from "Classic" Sonic's perspective, and that Sonic can still remember parts of the adventure.
- The covers, like all other Archie Comics publications at the time, features an advertisement for the then-upcoming Riverdale TV series.
Cameos and References
- The sidebar on the main cover resembles the border used on SEGA CD boxarts.
- The artstyle on both covers and interior art resemble that of the animated opening and ending cutscenes in Sonic CD.
- It's revealed that Sonic Generations occurred between Sonic 2 and Sonic CD from classic Sonic's perspective. Sonic remarks that Eggman (classic Eggman) must have "found his way back", referring to how he became stranded in white space with his future self at the end of the game. Sonic, who can only remember parts of the games events, also mentions how he feels he's "forgetting one heck of a party", referring to the birthday party his future self was having when the games events occurred (and that classic Sonic briefly visited in the games ending).
- Amy's three tarrot cards depict Perfect Chaos, Solaris, and Chip/Light Gaia.
- When Sonic passes by the "Future" signpost, he remarks that he could've sworn he just heard somebody say "Future", a reference to the disembodied voiceover that announces "Future" or "Past" when the respective signpost is touched in Sonic CD.
- The Off-Panel strip is based upon the Japan-only arcade game Waku Waku Sonic Patrol Car.
- "Genesis of a Hero" takes place in the past of the Post-Super Genesis Wave Timeline (before StH#252 and Worlds Collide).
- Part 3 takes place shortly after the events of Sonic Generations from "classic" Sonic's perspective.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.