Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Previous Issue ←—→ Next Issue
Sonic the Hedgehog Publication Details Issue
July 16, 2014
Production Staff Cover Artist Writer Pencils Inks Letters Colors Assistant Editor
- Vincent Lovallo
- Paul Kaminski
Editor in Chief
- Victor Gorelick
- Mike Pellerito
- Jon Goldwater
to ANTHONY GACCIONE at SEGA LICENSING
Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 262 is the two hundred and sixty-second issue of the Archie Sonic the Hedgehog series.
Catch some sun and ride the wave as the aquatic adventure continues in 'Waves of Change', Part 3! Sonic faces a city invasion by the ominous Dark Gaia Monsters! To make it even worse, the invasion is underwater - and Sonic can't swim! As the struggle turns desperate, will it be Amy's mission to find the key to saving them all, or will Sonic be left to drown? Then, in 'Light in the Dark', the Freedom Fighters find what they're looking for - but will their own divisions bring them down? Featuring new cover art from Ben Bates and an extra-special 'monster movie' variant from artist T.REX!
Waves of Change, Part Three: Terror in the Deep
As Dark Gaia's Minions storm the Eusebes Shrine, they are engaged by the trio of Freedom Fighters and Razor the Shark. To Razor's surprise, the monsters dissolve into strange purple energy upon defeat, which Sonic recognizes at the same Dark Gaia pollution that's been seeping out of the planet. Amy then recalls that Sonic breathed in that very same substance, but once again the Hedgehog brushes it off. Rotor then dispatches the last member of that particular squad, but the group is informed by Coral that more will be coming from the Anostos Rift. She laments the fall of Meropis' shield and blames herself, but Razor reminds her that nothing about the Shattered World Crisis is her fault and that the people of Meropis have been subjecting her to a great deal of stress. After he expresses his confidence in her, she notes that "you've never lost faith in me," to which he responds that "You've never lost faith in me." Her duty reaffirmed, Coral sets out to restore the shield, while Sonic realizes that the city is undoubtedly being swarmed by more of the creatures. Razor refuses to leave Coral, and Amy volunteers to stay with him and protect the shrine from further attacks.
Sonic and Rotor then depart to help the city and get backup for Razor and Amy, with Sonic grabbing a pair of Air Charms for them to use.
More info needed.
The Light in The Dark, Part Three
Having successfully recovered the Chaos Emerald, Tails, Antoine, and Sally begin fighting their way through a force of Badniks and other security measures in order to insure that Eggman doesn't destroy Crystal Cave thinking that the Emerald is still there. They prove more than a match for most opponents, until encountering an E-1000 Series guard who disrupts NICOLE's hologram. The trio of Freedom Fighters team up to destroy the robot, and successfully escape the mine. Returning to the Sky Patrol, they are reunited with Cream, Big, and Bunnie, while NICOLE thanks Sally. When asked what she is being thanked for, Sally is informed that NICOLE at times struggles with emotions due to being in her computer form most of the time, and that seeing Crystal Cave's beauty and imagining its destruction helped her to feel alive again.
- Sonic and Rotor head off to protect Meropis from Dark Gaia's minions while Amy stays behind to help guard the temple.
- Sonic's and Rotor's only partly-charged air charms run out of energy, and Rotor gets caught by a giant Dark Gaia monster while Sonic starts getting ferocious again.
- Sally, NICOLE, Tails, and Antoine manage to escape from the mine with the Chaos Emerald in tow, at the cost of minor damage to NICOLE.
- Sonic: Still mad we came here uninvited?
- Cpt. Striker: Yes. But you have my thanks all the same.
- Amy: Pearly, what are you doing out here? You should be hiding somewhere safe!
- Pearly: I-I was going to! C-Coral taught me it's our job to take care of the Chao!
- Amy: So what's the hold the holdup?
- Pearly: I-I can't! The Chao are just so...so... [looks in fear at a scared Chao] ...Creepy!
- Amy: Don't ever tell Cream that...
- Antoine: Stop touching ze hair, you annoying pesky-pests!
- Big: No, Froggy. No touching the Chaos Emerald.
- Bunnie: Mah stars, look at that rock! So, Sugar-Twan, were you planning on upgradin' mah wedding ring?
- Antoine: Oh... Ahem...Ma Cherie...I mean to say of course. You are worth something so grand, but...erm...
- Bunnie: You know I'm pokin' fun, right, sugar?
- Antoine: Mais oui! Haha...ha... *Cough* Of course, were I to get for you ze Chaos Emerald, it would be the green one, to match your eyes, non?
- NICOLE: What's the point of restoring the planet...if we can't save the things that make it special?
- The tagline on the variant cover "The deepest nightmares surface" is a play on words referring to a species of Dark Gaia's Minions known as Nightmares, shown on the same cover.
- This marks the first time the name of the E-1000 Series robot had been specifically stated, upgrading the name from tier 2 to tier 1 canon.
This issue has been reprinted in the following places:
- Sonic the Hedgehog (GN) Volume 3: Waves of Change
- "Waves of Change: Part 3" was reprinted in Sonic Super Digest #10
- "The Light in the Dark: Part 3" was reprinted in: