Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This issue continues from Sonic Universe #54 and takes place before Sonic Universe #55 and Mega Man #28
Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 251 is the two hundred and fifty-first issue of the Archie Sonic the Hedgehog comic series, and the twelfth and final part of the Sonic/Mega Man crossover story arc "Worlds Collide".
The biggest crossover event of 2013 ends here with the stunning conclusion to Sonic/Mega Man: Worlds Collide (part twelve of twelve)! After an intense battle, Sonic and Mega Man are at the mercy of Drs. Eggman and Wily and, to make matters worse, the evil doctors have set the final stage of their plan into motion: to use the power of the Chaos Emeralds to become unstoppable demi-gods of destruction! But look out bad dudes, our true blue heroes have a plan, too — and it's 'super'! The history-making crossover event crashes to a close in the final chapter you can't miss! Featuring new cover art from Sonic and Mega Man art legend Patrick 'SPAZ' Spaziante and an all-new 'Evil Friends Forever' variant by superstar artist Ben Bates!
"When Worlds Collide" Part Twelve of Twelve-Finale:Best Of The Best
Dr. Eggman and Dr. Wily taunt the trapped Sonic and Mega Man over their imminent victory. Meanwhile, back on the battlefield, Dr. Light tells a frazzled Tails that he's the wrong kind of doctor to tend to his injuries and that he can only try to keep him safe for the time being. Tails tells him not to give up, and asserts that Sonic and Mega Man will prevail. Thomas replies by saying that while he has faith that they'll save their worlds, in order for all of them to survive their current situation, they'd need a miracle. Suddenly, many of the Robot Masters are disabled in the heat of battle by a storm of familiar weapons raining from the sky. The source of the help is revealed to be the eight original Light Labs Robot Masters, called in to provide extra assistance in the battle by Roll. After Light informs Knuckles that they're friendlies, they realize that Sonic and Rock have spent a bit too long in the Wily Egg and could probably use some help. With the Light Numbers covering them, Thomas, Knux, and Proto Man decide to mount a rescue mission atop the Rush Jet and twin Item-2s.
Back onboard the Wily Egg, Rock tries to get Wily to come to his senses, but Al tells him that Eggman has opened his eyes to the notion of reshaping everything as he sees fit. Sonic warns Eggy that this is the second time that he's tried this and asks if he was ever worried about completely breaking reality. Eggman then admits that his actions have endangered their world, but that he fully intends to undo it all when he rewrites Mobius as he sees fit, intending to recreate Sonic as an enslaved Mecha Sonic alongside Mecha Sally. Suddenly, Wily objects, saying that Eggman told him that the Skull Egg Zone would let them bend the rules of reality, not break their respective worlds. However, Eggman assures him that since they have all seven Emeralds, any damage that's been done will be completely erased when they reshape everything. Wily calms down, saying that Eggman should've told him about these things. Unbeknownst to them, the heroes are conversing to determine if they can escape, but both are totally trapped by their cells. Suddenly, though, Knuckles, Blues, and Thomas crash into the room, taking both heroes and villains by surprise. Rock is relieved to see them while Sonic jokes about how Knux is never gonna let him live this down. While Proto Man and Knuckles attack the doctors in their Egg Mobile and Saucer, Light works to free Sonic and Rock. The doctors scramble to their Egg-Wily Machine X and the heroes are freed, immediately hopping on Rush with Thomas to try and take down the Genesis Reactor. Dr. Light tells his son that he doesn't have any E-Tanks, but using the Super Adaptor should give him enough strength to fight. Sonic wonders what a "Super Adaptor" is and Rock shows him, merging with Rush into his aerial form. Sonic gives his new look a thumbs up and says that he actually just gave him an idea.
As Knuckles and Blues batter the Egg-Wily Machine X's cockpit, the evil doctors nervously work to get their weapon powered back up. They soon launch into the air and Eggman warns Wily to not draw too much energy from the Genesis Chamber. Wily opposes him by saying that he said that their power was limitless, to which the doctor replies that it may only potentially be and they need to protect the Genesis Wave at all costs. After Knuckles lands on their cockpit to do some more damage, though, Wily's had enough and tries to activate his personal defense systems. However, when they don't respond, he's thrown for a loop as Eggman cackles away at his earlier sabotage. He doesn't laugh for long, though, as his weapons are also disabled when he tries to repel Proto Man. They each realize the other's betrayal and start arguing while Light, Sonic, and Mega Man arrive at the Generator. Light says that he can't disable it, but Sonic suggests another idea, urging Mega Man to give him a lift up to the Emeralds. The Docs work towards repairing the fruits of their treacherous acts all the while insulting each other and just as Knux is about to deal the final blow to their cracked and fizzled Egg-Wily Machine X, they harness the full power of the Emeralds to activate a full system restore, making their mech more powerful than ever. The two call a temporary truce and try to mount an attack on the red colored heroes when Sonic and Rock make it to the Emeralds, going Super and taking huge swipes at the monstrous machine, halting it.
Super Sonic thanks Knuckles and Blues for the cover and tells them that they can handle things now while Super Mega Man suggests that they tell Duo to fall back as well. The villains look in shock at their golden nemeses before firing everything that they've got at them. Super Sonic and Super Mega Man maneuver past them and shoot down the projectiles as they come, Sonic urging Rock to be as reckless as possible due to their new invulnerability. Rock fires a super Mega Buster shot at the Machine, but the robot dodges it. However, this opens up a window for Sonic to come in with a super spin attack at their back. The machine repels Sonic with a laser and puts up a shield, causing the heroes to try a new tactic. After reminding Rock of his invincible state, Sonic distracts them by banging at their shield repeatedly so the gold robot can unleash a huge blast, shattering their defense. Sonic and Rock make short work of the rest of the machine's weapons, unaware that their friends-including Duo and the reformed Chaos are watching as the Genesis Wave begins to take effect. When they realize that with the Genesis Wave currently rewriting things, they determine that they need to wrap this up quickly. They decide to combine their forces into a Super Sonic Shot that completely destroys what's left of the Egg-Wily Machine X.
The heroes super bro-fist on a job well done as they look on at the dimensional distortion affecting the cosmos. Rock thinks that they're too late, but Sonic assures him that with a little Chaos Control, it's no problem. After explaining the concept to Rock, both heroes focus and charge up Chaos energy blasts to return their respective worlds to normal. In the meantime, a downed Wily in his Saucer looks on as he stews in his defeat. Eggman, however, isn't going down so easily. Despite Wily's claim that it's over, he refuses to listen and starts quickly repairing the machine's severed head to create a makeshift Egg Mobile which he then uses to rush recklessly towards Sonic. Almost finished creating their respective energy balls, Sonic warns Rock to not loose focus no matter what happens. Eggman then slams into Super Sonic, rocketing them both towards their changed world. Sonic tells Rock not to worry about him and take the shot to restore his own world, which he does, all the while thanking Sonic for everything. As Rock floats back down towards his vortex home, he smiles that everything will be back to normal. Things aren't so good for Sonic, on the other hand, as with Eggman ramming him, he can't seem to perfectly focus. Realizing that it's now or nothing, he takes the shot and Eggman follows up with a laser, fraying the ball somewhat, but still creating an obvious change in the warp. As Sonic asked what his arch-nemesis has done, they are both consumed by white light.
Jet the Hawk ponders aloud the events of the crossover, and is furious that he wasn't included. Big the Cat appears, puts a supportive hand on his shoulder, and expresses his sympathies, as Froggy was likewise excluded from the crossover.
- Dr. Wily: You're beaten!
- Dr. Eggman: You're broken!
- Both: The Super Genesis Wave is ready to go! WE'VE WON!
- Dr. Eggman: To be fair, you did get past every one of our defenses...
- Dr. Wily: But what else is new? Still, you came up short!
- Dr. Eggman: That, and you cheated when you bypassed the Chaos Devil. Do you know how hard it was to plug a devil core into living water?!
- Dr. Wily: Then again, it's currently keeping Duo at bay, and he would've been a bit of a problem. So we came out on top--AGAIN!
- Dr. Eggman: And there will be no last-minute rescues for you this time!
- Dr. Wily: All my time-cloned Robot Masters are keeping your friends quite busy!
- Bass: Rrrgh! Idiot doctors! I should've handled things myself...!
- Dr. Light (taking care of Tails): I'm afraid I'm not the kind of doctor that you need. I'll protect you as long as I can, but...
- Tails: Don't...give up now... Sonic and...Mega Man will save us...
- Dr. Light: I have faith they'll save our worlds, but right now we need a miracle.
- Elec Man: One miracle, coming right up.
- Cut Man: Mind if we cut in?
- Knuckles: Just to be sure--these robots... Smash or no-smash?
- Dr. Light: No-smash! No-smash! Elec Man! Wh--how--?!
- Elec Man: Roll put in the call to us right after Mega Man went through the portal. Even with Duo on the way, she thought you'd need back-up. Which you obviously do...!
- Knuckles: Well, you're a robot-genius-guy, right, Dr. Light? Me and Proto-Guy can get you inside, cover our blue boys, and then you can wreck the doctors' what-ever-it-is. These new guys can help cover things out here.
- Elec Man (summons a pair of airboards): Sounds like a plan.
- Mega Man: Dr. Wily--please! This can't be what you want! You reshaped our reality!
- Dr. Wily: Hmph. Granted, slightly altering the world to my favor might've been fine for me--in the past. But Ivo opened my eyes to the notion of fully reshaping EVERYTHING as I see fit! One of his overly extreme notions that's actually appealing.
- Dr. Eggman: Don't get lippy with me in front of the children!
- Sonic (struggling to free himself): This is *Hrk!* the second time you've pulled this trick, Eggman. The universe wasn't meant to be warped all the time by jerks like you! Aren't you *Oomph!* worried about breaking reality?
- Dr. Eggman: Oh, our world is bent so far out of shape, it's bound to snap! Yes, I gleefully abused the fuzzy space-time of this zone to kidnap your friends and find all the Chaos Emeralds, and all without you catching on! But...
- Dr. Wily (interrupting him): Wait! Wait-wait-wait, you told me the Skull Egg Zone would let us cheat the rules of reality! You never said we'd break our worlds!
- Dr. Eggman: BUT--as I was saying--all that damage is moot! When we had only one Chaos Emerald, the Genesis Wave could simply bend the rules of reality, cheat them, and so on. Now that we have all seven, our Super Genesis Wave has no limits! Any damage we've done will be erased when we reshape everything else! So don't get your mustache in a knot!
- Dr. Wily (straightens his tie): Fine. But you need to tell me these things.
- Mega Man: And you're going to keep us trapped here and make us watch. You're both sick!
- Sonic: What is this, a new low for your doc? 'Cause I'm not too surprised here.
- Dr. Wily (being attacked by Proto Man): AHH! AHH! NO NO NO!
- Dr. Eggman (being attacked by Knuckles): Get to the Egg-Wily-Machine-X! Hurry! Hurr--EEEEEEK!
- Dr. Light (as he frees Sonic and Mega Man): ...Now we need to hurry to the Genesis Chamber.
- Sonic: Doc, I'm made of "hurry".
- Mega Man (upon donning his Super Adapter Armor): Okay! Let's finish this!
- Sonic: Eh, not bad. But you just gave me a great idea. Let's go!
- Knuckles: You two ready to call it quits? Or do I have to rough you up?
- Dr. Wily: I'll show you "rough"! Enjoy fifty-thousand volts of protective shielding you--! --Why are my defenses offline?!
- Dr. Eggman: Hahaha! He's all yours, Knuckles! Now, Proto Man, hold still for a face full of death-lasers! "Weapons offline?!" Why are my--?
- Dr. Eggman & Dr. Wily (to each other simultaneously): YOU SABOTAGED ME?!
- Dr. Eggman: ...Your fault! Now I've got to undo all my brilliant sabotaging so we'll both survive this! Exchange relay B and C. That will stop the confusion in the "battle" and "chase" programs.
- Dr. Wily: My fault? If you weren't so crazy, I wouldn't need to resort to sabotage or last-second repairs! You need to take the circuit board marked "M.B.M." and put it in slot 1. The other board is just a dummy.
- Dr. Eggman: You devious little...
- Dr. Wily: Loan me one of your lackey-bots!
- Dr. Eggman: I'm not sharing my stuff with you anymore!
- Proto Man: Any progress?
- Knuckles: One more solid hit, and it'll crack it open! Then you let 'em have it!
- Dr. Eggman: Any day, now, Al!
- Dr. Wily: Shut up! Full system restore--NOW!
- Proto Man: NO! We were so close!
- Knuckles: I should've let them steal the Master Emerald for once. I could've used its power to neutralize theirs...
- Dr. Eggman: Haaaa! I'm going to kill you, you traitor!
- Dr. Wily: Ha-ahah-ha-ha! Not if I get you first, you psycho!
- Dr. Eggman: Truce until this is done?
- Dr. Wily: I guess I have to... Truce.
- Dr. Wily (as the Super Genesis Wave activates): HAH! Checkmate!
- Dr. Eggman: Soon it'll be time to play around in our brand new universes. (To Proto Man and Knuckles) But you two won't live to see it!
- Super Sonic: Thanks for the cover, guys. Get Dr. Light out of here. We'll handle the rest.
- Super Mega Man: Find Duo and tell him to fall back. (I'll admit it, Sonic. This is cooler.)
- Dr. Eggman: S-Super Forms. They're both in Super Forms...
- Dr. Wily: THAT'S NOT FAIR!
- Dr. Eggman (referring to Super Mega Man): AHH! I hate that robot!
- Dr. Wily: System overload! Do something about that hedgehog, you lazy--!
- Dr. Eggman: Your nemesis shot a sun at us! You do something about him for once in your life, you--!
- Super Sonic: This is fun and all, but we need to wrap this up. The Genesis Wave is rewriting everything right now, and I'm not cracking that armor. Any ideas?
- Super Mega Man: Well, my "Sonic Shot" stopped the Roboticized Masters, so...
- Dr. Eggman: Oh, don't you DARE...!
- Dr. Wily: AHHH! Abandon ship! Eject! EJECT!
- Super Sonic: And that's how you get it done!
- Super Mega Man: Aw, yeah!
- Dr. Wily: I wonder if I'll remember any of this once Mega Man resets it all?
- Super Mega Man (his last words to Super Sonic): But...! Thank you, Sonic. Thank you, and good luck. CHAOS CONTROL! (Uses Chaos Control and Earth 20XX begins to revert back to normal) It's working! Doctor Light, Roll...we're coming home!
- Super Sonic (trying to charge up Chaos Control while Eggman attacks him): Hrrrgh! Eggman! Cut it out, ya nut! You're gonna...mess...me...up!
- Dr. Eggman: If I can't have the universe my way, then you won't have it at all!
- Super Sonic: Aw, man...it's this or nothing... CHAOS CONTROL!
- Dr. Eggman: No you don't! FIRE!
- Super Sonic: Oh, for the love of...Eggman, what did you do?! WHAT DID YOU-----?!
- Jet (Off-Panel): High-speed races?! New worlds and new treasures?! Tons of guest stars?! Why am I not in the crossover?!
- Big (Off-Panel): There-there. I understand. Froggy's not in it either.
- The original Light Robot Masters arrive to help the heroes.
- Knuckles, Proto Man and Rush save Sonic and Mega Man.
- Sonic and Mega Man with the Super Adaptor use the Chaos Emeralds to activate the super transformation and become Super Sonic and Super Mega Man.
- Duo frees Chaos from the Chaos Devil.
- After a hard and gruesome battle, Sonic and Mega Man manage to defeat the Egg-Wily Machine X.
- Mega Man uses Chaos Control to return his world to the way it was before the second Genesis Wave, but because of interference from Eggman when Sonic tries to do the same, something shattering happens to the Prime Zone...
- On the Evil Friends Forever variant, the copy of the issue Dr. Wily is reading has an ad for The New Crusaders (another Archie Comics title, also written by Ian Flynn) on the back cover. This ad does in fact appear on the back page of the actual issue.
- The second cover is a convention exclusive cover distributed exclusively through the 2013 New York Comic Con. This variant is non-accurate to the storyline, as it features Sonic's friends in their Roboticized Master forms, even though all of them had been restored to normal by this point.
- This is the third time the genesis wave was seen.
- Dr. Light, for some reason, isn't seen wearing his lab coat throughout the entirety of this issue. It could be because Dr. Light gave Tails his coat for comfort for his injuries.
Cameos and References
- Mecha Sally makes her second crossover cameo appearance in this issue, this time much larger than the one she had in MM: #26. A newly designed Mecha Sonic also makes a cameo appearance in Eggman's vision of how Mobius could look after the Super Genesis Wave. Chaos also makes a brief cameo in his "Chaos Zero" form after Duo frees him from the Chaos Devil.
- When the Egg-Wily-Machine-X self-repair systems are active, Dr. Eggman states that they are running at 251%, an obvious nod to the number of this issue.
- When Super Mega Man fires upon the Egg-Wily-Machine-X, Dr. Eggman shouts "Ahh! I hate that robot!", an obvious reference to his "I hate that hedgehog!" line from The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Orbot can be seen signing his last will in the panel where Eggman and Wily realize they sabotaged each other.
- When working to fix the Egg-Wily-Machine-X, Eggman mention's "battle" and "chase" programs, a reference to the racing game "Mega Man Battle & Chase". Wily then mentions an "M.B.M." circuit board, which is a reference to "Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine".
- Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 251 at Mega Man Knowledge Base
- Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 251 at Sonic News Network