Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 230 is the two hundred and thirtieth issue in the main Sonic the Hedgehog comic series.
- ...Two Steps Back
Sonic is floating in a white limbo contemplating the events of Genesis and he ends up back on the Death Egg Mark 2 fighting Silver Sonic, but time has been rewound ten seconds. This allows Sonic to save Sally from being gunned down by turrets, and the turret hits Silver Sonic instead. NICOLE is able to hack into the elevators so they can escape the room.
Meanwhile, Dr. Eggman has press the button to start Operation: Clean Sweep and nothing happens. He goes irate and ask Snively what went wrong, but he doesn't know. Eggman almost loses it until he reminds himself of Sonic's constant chaos and remembers the events of Genesis himself. He asks Snively for the status of stage two and he tells him that it is primed and ready to fire, but Sonic and Sally are coming. Eggman doesn't worry because he believes that there is no way for them to stop him this time.Sally is noticing all the Death Egg's power is being directed below deck and NICOLE doesn't know why and needs more time to hack into the system. They don't have time so Sally decides go go to the deck to find out what's using the power, but not before Sonic does a "hidden cannon inspection". Down on the deck, they find a giant roboticizer and Eggman tell them that it's a world roboticizer. Sonic laughs and reminds Eggman that the Bem de-roboticized everyone and made it permanent, but Eggman tells him the flash they saw reset everything. Eggman thens shows them a simulation of what would happen to Station Square when it would get hit the roboticizer and it explodes. And he also reminds them of New Mobotropolis. Sally tells him that it would destroy all of his Dark Egg Legion chapters, but he isn't bothered by it at all. Enraged, Sonic tries to attack him, but is tackled by Metal Sonic. As Sonic prepares to fight it, a damaged Silver Sonic falls from the ceiling and also fights him.
Eggman then discovers that Sally has disappeared and arms his Egg Mobile, but Sonic smashes the hoverchair and puts his trust in Sally. Under the floors, Sally has gotten into the wire systems and NICOLE tells her she will need hours to patch herself into the network, but they have only minutes. The only thing NICOLE can do is invert the beam at that exact point. Sally tells her to do it, despite she herself will not be immune. As the battle above reaches it's climax, Eggman orders Snively to fire the world roboticizer and Sally says goodbye to NICOLE.The roboticizer explodes and damages the Death Egg. Snively calls Eggman telling him that, there are massive energy leaks, the roboticizer is gone and that every other system is still online and they have lost no altitude. Eggman and Sonic picks themselves out of the rubble and Sonic remarks that they win again. Eggman tries to fend Sonic off, but he spin dashes the doctor and tells him that he beat him and that he and Sally will destroy the Death Egg, and he will then stomp on Ixis Naugus. As Sonic brags on, a metal fist bursts out of the rubble. Much to Sonic's horror and Eggman's amusement, Sally is now roboticized and targeting the hedgehog.
- Sonic Generations
A comic book tie-in to the game Sonic Generations.
All of Sonic's friends try and surprise him with a birthday picnic on top of a hill. Just as the festivities get under way, however, a hole in the sky rips open and all of Sonic's friends are sucked in. Sonic looks into the hole and sees Green Hill Zone and runs off to save the day.
Metal Sonic appears and gives Mecha Sally a bouquet of flowers and a ring. Eggman then marries the two with an irate Sonic demanding the world be rebooted again.
- The Prime Zone gets reverted back to it's true state with Sonic and Dr. Eggman aparrently being the only ones to remember the events of Genesis, without considering it a dream (see the Free Comic Book Day 2012 article).
- Sonic rescues Sally before the turret kills her
- Eggman unveils a world Roboticizer and unleashes another Metal Sonic on Sonic
- Sally is turned into Mecha Sally as she stops the Roboticizer, causing great damage to the Death Egg
- According to the events of issue #229, Sonic managed to reset time ten seconds before the end of StH: #225 , albeit he and Eggman remembering the events of the Genesis arc.
- This issue marks the reappearance of Metal Sonic since SU: #1. It also marks, to date, the final appearance of Sally (as her normal self) in the Pre-Super Genesis Wave timeline.
- This also marks the second time Sally has been roboticized, the first being in StH: #29.
- Interestingly, the endings of both issues #225 & #229 are the same, as the last panels show the world being washed away in white. This could mean that Eggman simply used a machine version of Chaos Control to launch Operation: Clean Sweep.
- Sally makes a reference to her Auto-Automaton from the Princess Sally Mini Series being swapped for her and roboticized in her place, resulting in an explosion. Erroneously she forgot that it was Robotnik Prime who did that, not Eggman. Regardless, Eggman could have experienced this event in his original dimension before becoming Robo-Robotnik, as both his universe and Mobius' are the same until his robotization.
- Sonic's pose with him holding Metal Sonic's severed head is similar to the scene with the famous quote "To be or not to be? That is the question." from William Shakespeare's Hamlet.
- A special variant cover for this issue is inverted from the normal image: Instead of the normal image, the Sonic Generations picture is main image, while the minor caption is the picture of Sonic from the original cover.
-  Sonic the Hedgehog #230 Variant Cover
- In the second story, the page says that Sonic Generations is out now for Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Nintendo 3DS. This is proven wrong, however, as the Nintendo 3DS version of the game does not release until November 22, 2011--twenty days after the release of the comic and weeks after the other versions.
Both stories from this issue have been reprinted seperatly in the following places:
- "Two Steps Back..." in the Sonic Genesis graphic novel, and as the 2012 Free Comic Book Day issue.
- "Sonic Generations" was reprinted in Sonic Super Special Magazine #7.