Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
formatting it to ensure it meets the site's criteria.
Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 205 was the two hundred and fifth issue of the main Sonic the Hedgehog comic series.
- "On the Run" - Part One: "All the Eggs in One Basket"
Dr. Eggman unlocks the cell override code while insanely rambling. Snively comes over and witnesses Robotnik crashing out of his cell. He throws Snively onto the wall and heads out to "destroy that hedgehog". Snively puts the Yagyu Clan and Dark Legion on high alert. He rams into the Iron King by accident and explains the problem. As he does, Eggman suddenly crashes out in his Egg-Tortoise, scattering the Iron Dominion's forces.
Back at New Mobotropolis, Sonic and Monkey Khan visit Bunnie in the Tommy Turtle Memorial Hospital while she is healing. Bunnie says she just needed some "rest". Monkey Khan apologizes to Bunnie, but she tells him that she was in more dangerous situations than what had happened that morning, and forgives him. Doctor Quack reminds Khan that he should be in bed. Sonic steps in and tells the doctor that Khan was with him the whole time. As Dr. Quack walks out, NICOLE comes in and tells the room at large about a disturbance in the Great Forest.
Sonic heads to the forest and finds Dr. Eggman ripping out trees with his mech, looking for "Knothole". As he sees the blue hedgehog, Eggman at first thinks it's another Mobian, but suddenly realizes who he is. Eggman then fires missiles at Sonic, but Sonic dodges all of them.
Meanwhile, in the Eggdome, as the Iron Queen is directing everyone to get prepared, the Bride of the Conquering Storm comes in and explains Espio's failure. The Iron Queen directs her to go back to the Dragon Kingdom to get the other clans in line. Conquering Storm acknowledges the order while leaving with a sinister grin on her face. The queen then tells Dimitri he will be in charge of the Eggdome's security. When she leaves, Dimitri then tells Lien-Da to watch over things, but as he goes to his lab, she heads to her bunk instead.
Tails flies in to help Sonic and sees that it is Dr. Eggman causing all the havoc. Sonic directs him to disable the guns while Eggman is distracted. Tails manages to crawl under and shut down the entire system instead. He asks Sonic if he is going easy on Eggman, and he says he is after "breaking" him. Tails explains that he deserves no sympathy, but he does say that they don't have to be cruel to him. Sonic tries to get Eggman to surrender, but he sucker-punches Sonic in the face and passes out after laughing maniacally. The Iron Dominion then appears and demands that they hand over Eggman. Sonic tells Tails to take Eggman to the city, saying he's got the hard job while he prepares to fight the Iron Dominion.
- "Birthright" - Part One
While resting in her bunk, Lien-Da reflects on how a Kommissar shouldn't be bunking with the troops and that she should be Grandmaster. She reflects on how she and her brother Kragok plotted their own father's assassination, how she used an unstable weapon to kill him and how it also hurt herself. She also remembered how when she came to, Kragok took her 'rightful' Grandmaster position for himself alone. She reflects that whenever she had a chance to become Grandmaster, someone else would always take it away from her. Dimitri then told Lien-Da over the intercom to come to his lab. Hesitating for a few moments, Lien-Da goes to the lab, intending to take her rightful position...
Dr. Eggman, looking at the next script is enraged at how they are making him act. Snively remarks that "Truly, the mighty have fallen." Eggman was not upset about that, saying that if he has to act differently, he has the perfect "plot twist" in mind. He changes into his full El Gran Gordo costume from the Sonic X comics and says he should return. Snively, aghast at the sight of the gaudy costume, then cries out, "Can we even do that joke?!"
Amy Rose hugs Shadow the Hedgehog then Silver the Hedgehog mistaking them both to be Sonic. Sonic puts on a Smiley face mask and thinks to himself "Best idea ever!" looking at an Amy who can't find Sonic, (though he's standing right next to her).
- This gag appears to have been stolen from an artist on DeviantART called Winonaheart, who drew a much better quality version of the picture. Whether this is theft or Winonaheart and the artist who sent it in are the same person remains to be seen. .
- Dr. Eggman: "SNIV-LAAAAAAYYY!!! What are you doing out here?! Snoo-ping as usual?!"
- Dr. Eggman: "I am Warlord-Doctor Julian Ivo Eggman-Robo-Kintobor Mach Two! My rule is law and the law is my will! And I HATE that hedgehog!!!"
- Dr. Eggman: "I will destroy the blue one, you know! He's the obstacle that always gets in my way!"
- Sonic: "Take it easy, Doc. I was with him the whole time."
- Dr. Quack: "And that's supposed to comfort me? You're a disaster magnet, kid."
- Dr. Eggman: "BLAST IT! Knothole wasn't under that tree, either!"
- Eggman escapes from his padded cell, intent on destroying Sonic.
- Bunnie Rabbot and Monkey Khan get rushed to the Tommy Turtle Memorial Hospital.
- Regina Ferrum orders the Bride of Conquering Storm to have the other houses "stay in line" in the Dragon Kingdom.
- Sonic confronts Eggman in his Egg-Tortoise at the Great Forest.
- Sonic and Regina prepare to battle for Eggman.
- It is revealed that Lien-Da shot an experimental gun at Luger, most likely killing him.
- This issue marks the return of Off Panel in the main comic series.
- "Birthright" confirms that Lien-Da was responsible for the death of Mari-Su. Previously, it was heavily implied that Kragok and Lien-Da had a hand in her death, but it was never confirmed.
- The Twilight Zone is mentioned to also be known as the Twilight Cage from the SEGA game Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.
- The cover of Sonic Super Special Magazine #1 uses the same artwork of Sonic from the cover of this very issue.
Cameos & References
- Throughout the issue, Dr. Eggman frequently (and unintentionally) makes references to famous lines and habits of the various versions of himself across the franchise's history.
- While in his padded cell, Eggman babbles about several elements of the early comics, especially those relevant to the original Dr. Robotnik. These references include mentions of Kodos, Crabmeat as Robotnik's lackey, the Ultimate Annihilator, and Pashas.
- Eggman covers his left arm in mechanical parts, mimicking the original Dr. Robotnik's roboticized left arm.
- Eggman's line, "Snoo-ping as usual," is a reference to the internet meme Robotnik Pingas, well known among Sonic fans on YouTube and based on an out-of-context line from The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. (1)
- Eggman quotes part of his Sonic Adventure 2 theme song, "E.G.G.M.A.N.", when escaping from the Eggdome.
- Similar to "Snoo-ping as usual," Eggman quotes from the Youtube video It's From the Show as well.
This issue has been reprinted in the following places:
- "On the Run - Part One: All the Eggs in One Basket" was reprinted in Sonic: Bunny Blast