formatting it to ensure it meets the site's criteria.
Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 183 was the one hundred and eighty-third issue of the main Sonic the Hedgehog comic series.
Sonic and Julie-Su have been abducted by Knuckles' father, Locke, who wants them to find the one weapon that will destroy Enerjak. But why don't our heroes want to use it? And can they even get a shot in edgewise as Enerjak and Dr. Eggman's army square off? It's a clash of the villainous titans that's sure to rock Sonic's world! "Ashes and Dust": This is it, the answers you've been waiting for! Learn the dark secrets behind Enerjak, Angel Island, the Guardians, the Dark Legion-and more!
- "Enerjak: Reborn" - Part Three ("Desperate Times")
Locke and Julie-Su are arguing over the Knuckles/Enerjak situation, with Locke stating that they should destroy Enerjak by using a weapon made by the Brotherhood of Guardians, but Julie counters that Knuckles is obviously not in control of himself and that they should be helping him, and turns to Sonic. But Sonic instead takes Locke's side, saying he wants to take a look at the weapon (much to Julie-Su's anger). Locke then used his Warp Ring to get them as close to the ruins of the Grand Conservatory as possible, only to be greeted by Dr. Finitevus's henchmen: Scourge the Hedgehog, Fiona Fox, and the Destructix.
Meanwhile, in New Megaopolis, Dr. Eggman is overseeing Enerjak's power being depleted by the Egg Grape Chambers when Snively enters the room, telling him of the stowaway from New Mobotropolis he found. Dimitri introduced himself and offered his services to help de-power Enerjak before it was too late. Eggman said that he had everything under control. Unfortunately however, Enerjak awakened and escaped by causing a huge energy blast that destroyed the entire Egg Grape chamber and a section of New Megaopolis. Eggman then ordered Snively to prep his Egg Mobile and to send in the Egg Fleet.
Meanwhile, Sonic, Locke, and Julie-Su are fighting a losing battle against Scourge, Fiona and the Destructix, but help soon arrives in the form of Knuckles's and Locke's old mentor, Archimedes, who breathes out a wall of fire between the heroes and Finitevus's henchmen, allowing the trio to get into the safety of the Grand Conservatory. When they arrive inside, Archimedes told Locke that the weapon was safe, but that they were as much to blame for Knuckles's transformation as Dr. Finitevus and that they would not be using it. While they were talking, Sonic grabbed the weapon just as the Destructix arrived, and to their surprise, destroyed the weapon, as this was his plan from the beginning. Without any reason to stay, the Destructix retreated along with a grumbling Scourge who had suggested smashing the weapon earlier. Locke then grabs Sonic and yells at him for the weapon's destruction, only for Sonic to retort that he had his own plan. Sonic then rushed out of the Grand Conservatory and off to the Chaos Chamber.
Meanwhile, Enerjak was busy destroying New Megaopolis and all of its forces with relative ease, forcing Eggman, Snively and Dimitri to take shelter in the bunker. Enerjak then teleported to the Master Emerald Chamber to regain the energy he'd lost because of the Egg Grapes through the Master Emerald. Just as Finitevus begins the chant that will grant Enerjak power, Sonic came out of nowhere and spin-dashed into Finitevus and jumped on top of the Master Emerald. Dr. Finitevus was hoping for the hex placed on the Master Emerald to corrupt Sonic like Knuckles. However, the hex for some reason didn't have any affect as Sonic was still his positive, bright self as Super Sonic. NOW, he is ready to revive Knuckles and defeat Enerjak once and for all.
- "Ashes and Dust"
Hours before Sonic initiated his super transformation, Dr. Finitevus caught Scourge transferring energy from the Master Emerald into a Warp Ring, which the hedgehog revealed was an escape plan for him in case the doctor's Enerjak plan went south, not that he understood or what it was about anyway. Upon hearing this, Finiteuvs explained to Scourge the coming of the White Comet and its outcome, how Edmund and Dimitri attempted to bring Angel Island back to Mobius which led to the creating of the first Enerjak, and the history of the Brotherhood of Guardians and the Dark Legion's war with each other for centuries. He then explained how he experimented on the Brotherhood before tossing them in the Twilight Zone and how he restored Remington back to health to use as Enerjak before deciding to use Knuckles. Scourge then asked why he'd bother to bring back Enerjak at all, and Finitevus said that it all started with Enerjak and it shall end with Enerjak. He would finish the warring family and all of the beings Finitevus thought needed cleansing with emerald fire.
- Locke: The weapon is hidden there. I pray we don't run into any-- (sees the Destructix) --resistance.
- Scourge: Welcome back, old man. What do you want said in your eulogy?
- Eggman: How dare he damage my city! Snively, prep my Egg Mobile! I'll be sending the Egg Fleet in!
- Snively: Sure, and then I'm going to the bunker!
- Dimitri: I told you! I told you!
- Sonic: I'm going to beat the evil out of you!
- Dr. Finitevus explains his motives to Scourge.
- The Brotherhood are revealed to have been dumped into the Twilight Zone along with Moritori Rex.
- Dimitri goes to Dr. Eggman to propose an alliance against Enerjak.
- Sonic, Julie-Su, and Locke battle the Destructix to get into the Grand Conservatory.
- Sonic destroys the weapon meant to destroy Enerjak.
- New Megaopolis, the Egg Fleet and the Egg Pawn badnik horde are totally wiped out by Enerjak.
- Sonic becomes Super Sonic and prepares for battle against Enerjak.
- This issue features the only page in the series to depict all of the Guardians and Grandmasters together.
- This issue shows the final appearance of the Master Emerald Chamber, now known as the Master Emerald Shrine.
- The issue did not state who the colorist for the first story was.
- In the previous issue, Locke stated that the Master Emerald was blocked from outside usage due to Finitevus's hex, yet Sonic was able to take some of its power to become Super Sonic. It remains unknown how Sonic was able to bypass Finitevus's hex and take power from the Master Emerald without being affected, though there is speculation on how it happened.
- Doctor Finitevus stated that there were seventeen generations of Guardians and five of Grandmasters. As he is discussing the matter with Scourge, images of all eighteen Guardians-Aaron and Jordan being siblings-and all seven Grandmasters-Kragok and Lien-Da also being siblings-are seen.
- This issue ends with a similar cliffhanger the same way as Sonic the hedgehog #83 ends with Sonic turning into super sonic on the last panel.
- Despite appearing in the cover, Shadow the Hedgehog doesn't make an appearance in this issue.
This issue has been reprinted in the following places:
- Sonic Saga Series Vol. 5: Evil Reborn
|Sonic the Hedgehog (StH)||
|Sonic Universe (SU)||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 ||
|Sonic Boom (SB)||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ||
|Sonic X (SX)||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 ||
|Knuckles the Echidna (KtE)||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 ||
|Tie-Ins||Sabrina: 28 | Mega Man: 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 50 | 51 | 52 ||
|Mini-Series||Sonic Miniseries: 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | Sally Miniseries: 1 | 2 | 3 | Tails Miniseries: 1 | 2 | 3 | Knuckles Miniseries: 1 | 2 | 3 | Sonic Quest Miniseries: 1 | 2 | 3 | Battles: MM | StH ||
|One-shot Specials||Sonic In Your Face | Sonic & Knuckles | Sonic Triple Trouble | Knuckles' Chaotix | Super Sonic vs Hyper Knuckles | Sonic & Knuckles: Mecha Madness | Sonic Live! | Sonic Blast | Mega Drive | Mega Drive- The Next Level ||
|Sonic Super Specials (SSS)||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 ||
|Free Comic Specials (FCBD/HCF)||Sonic #1/4 | Archie Mini 98 | Archie Mini 99 | Secret Rings | Sonic FCBD 07 | Sonic FCBD 08 | Sonic FCBD 09 | Sonic FCBD 10 | Sonic FCBD 11 | Sonic FCBD 12 | Sonic FCBD 13 | Sonic HCF 13 | Sonic FCBD 14 | SB: Digital | Sonic FCBD 15 | Sonic FCBD 16|
|Sonic Super Special Magazine
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 ||
|Sonic Super Digest
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ||
|Reprints & Compilations||Sonic Archives | Sonic Saga Series | Sonic the Hedgehog Graphic Novel Series | Sonic Select | Sonic Universe Graphic Novel Series | Sonic Boom Graphic Novel Series | Knuckles Archives | Sonic Legacy Series | Best of Sonic the Hedgehog | Sonic Comics Spectacular | Sonic/Mega Man: Worlds Collide | Sonic/Mega Man: Worlds Unite | Archie Digital Exclusives | Standalone Graphic Novels ||
|International Versions||France | Germany | United Kingdom ||
|Other||Variant Covers | Sonic Comic Book Packs | Sonic Comic App | Video Games | The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia ||