Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 140 was the one hundred and fortieth issue of the main Sonic the Hedgehog comic series.
- "Return to Angel Island Part 3: "How Many Echidnas Does It Take To Protect the Master Emerald?"
- "Mobius: 25 Years Later: "A Difference of Opinion"
At midnight on Angel Island, Knuckles has stepped outside away from his houseguests only to find King Sonic waiting for him. As Knuckles invites Sonic to walk with him, Queen Sally and Julie-Su watch from above, hoping they can work things out. Sonic confused that Knuckles thinks, because of Rotor that the world might end, Knuckles says that it's worth listening to Rotor and Cobar. Knuckles doesn't know what is to come of this, that they're tackling forces of nature or beyond.
Sonic mentions that didn't it happen to Knuckles with his Chaos powers. Sonic reminds Knuckles when Robotnik stole the Master Emerald and because of this, Knuckles became Chaos Knuckles again. Knuckle disagrees that Angel Island would've been destroyed if he didn't. Sonic reminds him again that Chaos Knuckles didn't just take down Robotnik, but remake Mobius the way he wanted, including de-roboticizing Julie-Su. Sonic thinks that Knuckles lead to the current chain of events, but Knuckles blames Sonic for acting stupid.
Knuckles reminds Sonic that Sonic attempted to use a gadget to stop Knuckles. The gadget blows back and Sonic is comforted by Sally. Sally believes that the nullifier went off prematurely, and Julie-Su calls them over to Knuckles. Knuckles red again, Sonic and Julie-Su are shocked that the accident cost him his eye; as Knuckles is pointing to his cyborg eye. Sonic still blames Knuckles that his actions could have started the chain of events. Sonic asks if they're any other ideas that Knuckles has, Knuckles walks off saying that doesn't sound like the old Sonic, Sonic in his thoughts thinks what happened to himself.
- Lara-Le: His name is Knecapeon Mace... but we call him "Kneecaps" for short.
- Knuckles: Kneecaps the Echidna?! Mom, that's got to be the worst name I've ever heard for a kid!
- (Sonic, Remington, and the Chaotix laugh uncontrollably.)
- Knuckles: IS SOMETHING FUNNY? (Everyone stops laughing and does random things.)
- Lara-Le: He seems to have taken a shine to you, Knuckles. (Holds Knecapeon Mace to Knuckles.)
- Knuckles: You don't really expect me to...
- Knecapeon Mace: (Puts one of Knuckles's dreadlocks in his mouth and hits Knuckles with his rattle.)
- Knuckles: (Indignantly.) He's going to give me brain damage! (Sonic and the others watch Knuckles get hit)
- Kage: What the--?!
- Harry: The alarm!
- Sonic: (Nonchalantly enters the room.) I heard it was free chilidog day in Dingo City!
- Sonic: You know "Kagey", you might not be as dumb as you look!
- Kage: (Attempts to attack Sonic.) Raarggghhh!
- Sonic: (Trips Kage.) Or...you just might be!
- Kage: (Slams into a wall.) *censored words*
- Sonic: Works every time.
- Sonic, the Chaotix, and the Dark Legion join forces and initaite an assault on the Dingo City, Cavem Canus, in order to rescue Knuckles father, Locke.
- Dr. Eggman releases the Hunter from a prison pod in New Megaopolis with a control collar, to find and retrieve the Master Emerald.
- At one pont in this issue, Remington is seen reading a Sonic Beginning book.
- The name of the first story is an obvious refrence to the joke "How Many People Does It Take To Fix A Lightbulb?".
- In a close-up on Lien-Da's face, her whip says "Made in Taiwan".