Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 117 was the one hundred and seventeenth issue of the main Sonic the Hedgehog comic series.
- "Cyber Race!" Starring Doctor Robotnik
Somewhere along the information super highway; Dr. Robotnik and Snively hurry to find a downloadable file to get them back in the real world. Snively not paying attention to where he goes, gets caught on a download file. Dr. Robotnik warns Snively about the anti-virus programs, but Snively get caught. In the real world, Snively has made it back and gives himself a new body and paint job. Dr. Robotnik arrives in the real world, but forces Snively to get rid of his new robot body and into his old one. Snively wanting to know why he can't get a new look, Dr. Robotnik hits him saying "Because nobody cares!".
- "The Tortoise and The Hedgehog"
Sonic arrives at the Forbidden Zone at a secret base. In disguise as a Mobian rabbit, Sonic enters the base hoping to find his childhood friend Tommy Turtle. On his arrival, Sonic finds Tommy with the Fearsome Foursome, Sleuth "Doggy" Dawg and Drago. Drago and Sergeant Simian threaten Sonic to leave, but Tommy covers for Sonic telling them he's his friend. Flying Frog, Predator Hawk and Sleuth laugh about Tommy having a friend.
Sonic backs up his friendship with Tommy by telling everyone that, he mocked him for being so slow until Tommy challenged him to a race. He took a nap at the finish line and Tommy passed him. Drago yells out Tommy because their secret meeting would start soon. Sleuth takes Sonic to the guest room and asks him his name. Sonic tells him his name is Juice. Sonic in privacy gets out of his disguise as a rabbit. Sonic thinks over his childhood days with Tommy and Sally that once Dr. Robotnik took over, Sonic had never seen him.
Sonic sneaks through the vents and finds Dr. Robotnik and Snively in their new bodies talking to the others. Dr. Robotnik seeing Drago for the first time, goes over his data files to find his involvement with the Endgame (STH: 50). Dr. Robotnik strikes a deal with them to give them one of his factories. Drago believing the story doesn't know of Dr. Robotnik's roboticized self. Upon touching him, Drago gets turned into a robot. Dr. Robotnik then roboticizes the Fearsome Foursome. Sleuth grabs Tommy's shell and offers Dr. Robotnik his greatest wish if he roboticizes Tommy. Sonic jumps out of the vent and Sleuth's plan is revealed. Sleuth used Tommy as bait to lead Sonic to Dr. Robotnik to the area. Tommy also being betrayed apologizes to Sonic. Sonic escapes Dr. Robotnik's robotcized touch and grabs Tommy's shell. Sonic uses Tommy's shell to grind across the conveyor belt and escape. Dr. Robotnik outraged by this roboticizes Sleuth. Before Sleuth is robotcized, he throws a grenade. Tommy noticing this throws Sonic out of a window to save him. Everyone but Sonic is caught in the explosion. Sonic stares at the flames of the explosion, thinking that Tommy died saving him.
- "Ultimate Power" - Part Three
At Echidnaopolis General, Chaos Knuckles responds to a call from Constable Remington. Bringing along the Chaotix with him, Chaos Knuckles is taken to an injured Harry. Espio recognizes the cab driver (KTE:13, 14 & 15), Mighty tells Chaos Knuckles that Harry is good and Knuckles uses his Chaos powers to heal him, in hope of finding the location of Mammoth Mogul.
Mammoth Mogul in his lair with a captured Dimitri prepares to destroy Chaos Knuckles, not wanting to be thwarted by an echidna teenager, no matter how powerful he is. Back at the hospital, Harry tells Remington that Mammoth Mogul has set a trap for Chaos Knuckles. Remington prepares to counter-attack Mammoth Mogul, but Chaos Knuckles wants payback and teleports to the location. At the Dark Legion headquarters, Lien-Da and Gae-Na notice Chaos Knuckles' disappearance. Both are prepared to save Dimitri in hope of the Dark Legion, but aren't prepared for the overpowered Chaos Knuckles.
Chaos Knuckles arrives at Mammoth Mogul's lair, but Mogul is prepared. He wants Chaos Knuckles to submit to his version of the Chaos Siphon or face the destruction of Dimitri.
- Snively: But why can't I get a cool, new look?
- Dr. Robotnik: Because nobody cares! I mean, who's the villain of this piece? You or me? Sheesh!
- Sonic: As I stood there watching the place go up in flames, Tommy showed me for the second time in my life...the true meaning of friendship.
- Robo-Robotnik and Snively gain new bodies in the first story, only for them to be destroyed at the end of the second story.
- Sleuth, the Fearsome Foursome and Drago are roboticized.
- Tommy presumably dies in the explosion.
- Harry is injured off-panel by Mammoth Mogul, and Chaos Knuckles heals him.
- The Fearsome Foursome, Sleuth and Drago make their first appearance in this issue since their capture in Sonic the Hedgehog #70. It is unknown how they escaped prison a second time, though it is possible they escaped during the chaos when Dr. Eggman attacked and recaptured Mobotropolis in Sonic the Hedgehog #75.
- Sonic's undercover name, Juice, could be traced back to the episode "Blast to The Past Part 1" in the SatAM TV series, as Sonic introduced himself as "Juice" when meeting his younger self.
- The name of the second story is based off of the name of the fable "The Tortoise and the Hare."