Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 101 was the one hundred and first issue of the main Sonic the Hedgehog comic series.
- "Altered States"
Sonic realizes that Nate is still inside Robotropolis as the force field starts to rise around it. He tries to return to the city but is hit by the field. Tails helps him up and suddenly they are in a desert area, fighting a large robot that says they'll regret coming to the Land of Darkness. Sonic and Tails stand against the robot, who they call Metal Robotnik.
Somewhere else, the old Dr. Robotnik (not Eggman or Robo-Robotnik) is watching the fight, confident that Metal Robotnik will send them back to the Land of the Sky—and with them gone, he'll be free to marry the Princess Sara, whom he has captured. Sonic runs a trench around Metal Robotnik and the two escape to rescue princess Sara. The robot takes to the sky and aims at them but a non-chaos infected Knuckles save the day by punching his way through it. Knuckles says to Sonic that he's stopping Metal Robotnik when a group of them appear and question his goals.
The world shifts again to Castle Acorn where the royal family—including a non-paralyzed King Max—is welcoming Locke and Knuckles in honor of the seventh year of their alliance with the Echidnas. He knights Knuckles and announces that that he will soon be his son-in-law. While Antoine claims that none could love Sally more than he, Sonic runs off. Tails says he'll follow but his parents want to have a word with him.
Sonic's thoughts reveal that the relationship started when Knuckles appeared, bringing Queen Alicia and Elias with him one day. He rushes to Uncle Chuck's chili dogs diner and asks him why he quit his royal position. Chuck reveals that Robotnik's plans had not gotten farther than roboticizing Sonic's dad and that Chuck and Amadeus Prowler and stopped him. After his science had been used for evil, Chuck had not felt good about it anymore.
The world shifts again to a rooftop, where Robotnik and a horde of robots have cornered Sally and Sonic. Sonic pretends to surrender and they leap off the building where they are caught by Antoine, Rotor, and Bunnie in the S.S. Special. Sally and Sonic talk, revealing that they remember the last world as a dream and that Sally doesn't know about Elias.
Again, to a world where Sally died in the Endgame saga and had not been revived by Sonic. At her grave, Sonic remembers the truth—that they are escaping Robotropolis and Nate had gone missing. The world becomes almost normal and everyone mentions how they feel like they've been dreaming—the only thing different is that Nate is with them, not in the city. Nate becomes Chuck suddenly, continuing Nate's theory that something other than Robotnik is behind the shifts.
Sonic realizes that the only thing they can do is go home with the robotized citizens and wait for what comes.
Lara-Su is angry at Knuckles for siding with the Dark Legion. Knuckles reveals that he can read minds as well and goes to Dimitri to learn more of his powers. He travels through time, trying to fix the world by making it so that Dimitri and Edmund never fought against each other. He destroys the comet that the island had to leave the ground to avoid but the city is then shown to be destroyed and Knuckles is flushed back into the future.
Dimitri reveals that that reason is why he never tried time travel with his powers and there are only three points in time he thinks are safe enough to change.
- Knuckles alters reality multiple times due to his altering of the past.
- The Freedom Fighters are forced to leave Nate behind and take the Robians back to Knothole.
- Knuckles, with his new Chaos powers, attempts to make things right by traveling to the past to destroy the comet approaching Echidnaopolis so the Floating Island wouldn't come to be. Unfortunately for him, Echidnaopolis gets destroyed by an earthquake.
- This is Dawn Best's first issue as penciller.
- This issue features Data Files for Princess Sally Acorn and the Floating Island.
- The first reboot is a parody of Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie, a Japanese anime that Sega has asked not to parody anymore in recent years.
- Sally was meant to be removed from the series after her apparent "death" during the Operation: EndGame arc, hence her funeral in one of the altered realities.
- Julie-Su briefly states "said the spider to the fly," an obvious reference to the poem "The Spider and the Fly" by Mary Howitt.