Archie Sonic X Issue 36 was the thirty-sixth issue of the spin-off Sonic X comic series.
If Sonic thinks he has a hard time with Eggman, wait until he sees the trouble Chris' rival Milan Ramada dishes out! This spoiled daughter of a rich businessman could give Veronica Lodge a run for her money (literally)! Determined to win the title of "richest kid in town," Milan travels in style in a souped-up limo made of special components her father's company dreamt up. Eggman promptly steals those components to build a new robot, but still needs a chaos emerald to complete the task. Lucky for him, first prize in the pet show is chaos emerald-encrusted collar! Can Bokkun dressed as a cat really win the judges' hearts in any category other than "worst in show?!"
- Sonic: (noticing somebody holding a real-life hedgehog) "What is that!?"
Chris: "A hedgehog."
Sonic: (takes a closer look) "Really? Where are his gloves and sneakers?"
- During the competition, Dr. Eggman tries to pass Bokkun off as a "Mobian Molecat", which may be a reference to Mobius, the name of Sonic's world in the main series continuity. It is unknown if Sonic's homeworld in the Sonic X continuity is also named Mobius, since it is never once referred to by name.
- As Eggman and Bokkun storm off after losing the competition, Bokkun asks "What are we going to do tomorrow night?" to which Eggman responds "The same thing we do every night, Bokkun..." This is a reference to the television show Pinky and the Brain, and by extension Animaniacs.
- As everyone celebrates the success of beating Dr. Eggman and Milan Ramada, Chris says "Let's all celebrate at the ice cream parlor with frosty chocolate milkshakes!" This references The Simpsons shorts from The Tracey Ullman Show, as Homer would often celebrate with "frosty chocolate milkshakes".
- When Cheese is crowned the winner of the pet show, there is a typo when Cream tries to explain that Cheese isn't in the show, where she says "But Cream is not..."