Archie Sonic X Issue 33 was the thirty-third issue of the spin-off Sonic X comic series.
For once, the heroes of Knothole Village have a chance to relax and enjoy a nice quiet picnic together¦ yeah, right! Things go from picnic to panic when Chuck spots a meteor hurtling toward earth-and it has an Chaos Emerald embedded inside! Now the heroes must travel to the South Pole and keep Eggman from getting his hands on it. To make things more interesting, they decide make it a competition and split up into teams. Before they're through, readers will witness more action, romance, and inter-squad squabbling to rival a certain fantastic foursome!
- "Meteor Madness"
- On the cover, Big and Vector are mistakenly shown to be smaller than usual. They both appear to be the same size as the other characters, while in the anime, Big is much larger (so large in fact that he can easily smother other characters under his fat body), and when compared to Big in the game Sonic Heroes, Vector is around the same height as him.
- While in the mudbath wearing headphones, the song lyrics that Eggman sings alone to are parodies of songs featured in Disney Channels popular "High School Musical" film series.
- With the release of this issue, the Sonic X comic series officially bypasses the Knuckles The Echidna series as the longest running spinoff Sonic comic (though, unlike the Knuckles comic, this series is not canon to the main series).
- As Charmy is telling a story how they rescued a child that fell into one of Dr. Eggman's abandoned lairs, the child resembles Cream, who couldn't have been there at the time.
- This issue is one of a number whose solicit mistakenly identifies the Sonic X characters as being from Knothole Village, which doesn't exist in the Sonic X continuity.