Archie Sonic Universe Issue 69 is the sixty-ninth issue of the Archie Sonic Universe comic series.
The first-ever Sonic Universe trilogy rolls on in 'Total Eclipse,' Part 3! As the Dark Trilogy inches closer to its shocking conclusion, it's a no holds barred battle between Knuckles and Shadow for the fate of Angel Island and the Master Emerald! As Sonic's top rivals clash, the rest of Team Dark and Relic are attacked by Eclipse and the terrifying power of the Dark Arms! Featuring all-new cover art from Tracy Yardley, Jim Amash and Ben Hunzeker, and part 1 of a 3-part connecting 'SUPER SMASH' collector cover set!
- Total Eclipse - Part Three: "Shadow Boxing"
As Snively, Relic, Rouge, Fixit, and Omega look on, Knuckles and Shadow clash over what shall become of the Master Emerald. The conflict between the two is fierce, but Shadow breaks away using Chaos Control. Instructing his comrades to head back to their shuttle, he prepares to teleport the Master Emerald to a G.U.N. facility, but is halted by Relic. Rouge tries to reason with him, while the eager Snively encourages him to carry out his intentions for the Emerald. However, Knuckles takes advantage of the distraction to hit Shadow from behind, and then hurls the stunned Hedgehog to another part of the island. He then takes off to continue his fight with the Ultimate Lifeform, despite Relic's pleas for him not to leave. Left alone with Fixit and Shadow's teammates, Relic prepares to confront them, something that Omega finds hilarious. Snively commends her loyalty but suggests that Omega and Rouge secure the Emerald while Shadow has Knuckles occupied. Rouge refuses, and argues that Knuckles has a say in what happens to the Master Emerald, and that Shadow is every bit as obstinate as his Echidna foe.
More info needed.
- Off Panel: Total Eclipse
Eclipse discovers several new breeds of Dark Arms in a meadow and wonders what abilities they possess. He taps into their power and learns to utilize "Yoga", "Grammar", and "Curling". Written by Aleah Baker, pencils by Diana Skelly, inks by Rick Bryant, colors by Steven Lisefski.
- Shadow and Knuckles fight for possession of the Master Emerald, prompting Knuckles to reflect on the previous times it has been threatened.
- Eclipse and his Dark Arms stage a counterattack, easily defeating Rouge and Omega, and steal the Master Emerald.
- Eclipse finds out the location of the G.U.N. Troop Shuttle and plans to use it to escape Angel Island.
- Relic: "Y-You all stay where you are! I warn you -- I've read about many forms of martial arts!"
- Omega: "The tiny nerdy one believes she can combat me. Logging this under 'hilarious'."
- Eclipse: "HAHA! Not bad for such stubby wings!"
- Rouge: "We'll see if you're still laughing after I kick your gross teeth in!"
- Eclipse: "You there. How did you get to this flying island?"
- Relic: "I-I-I-I took a boat! When the island fell! It was a while ago!"
- Eclipse: "Useless. You! Tell me how you got here, or I shoot her."
- Snively: "Go ahead. I don't know her. And I get to see more of your mutations."
- Relic: "WHAT?!"
- Eclipse: "HAHAHA! The masters were right! Your kind really is beyond salvation!"
- Snively: "Stop! By the authority of G.U.N., I command you to--!
- Eclipse: "You command nothing, lunch box."
- This issues "Super Smash Variant Cover" is the first in a three-part variant series continuing in Mega Man #42 and Sonic the Hedgehog #266. All three covers are inner-connecting.
- The covers where created to promote Sonic and Mega Man's inclusion as playable characters in Nintendo's forth Super Smash Bros. game, released around the same time.
Cameos & References
- During his fight with Shadow, Knuckles flashes back to several occasions where the Master Emerald had previously been in danger, including Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic Advance 3.
- In the first big splash panel, Shadow is missing the cuff on his right glove.