Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Archie Sonic Universe Issue 68 is the sixty-seventh issue of the Archie Sonic Universe comic series.
The first-ever Sonic Universe trilogy continues here in 'Total Eclipse,' Part 2! Knuckles leads Team Dark's Rouge and Omega into the wilds of the Red Mountains, searching for the mysterious Dark Arms. But while the echidna's away, the darklings will play - but darklings don't play for fun-they play to kill! With Knuckles' back turned, the evil Eclipse attacks Shadow the Hedgehog! Can even the ultimate life-form withstand Eclipse's terrifying Monster Form? Don't miss the new cover art from Tracy Yardley and returning Sonic painter Ben Hunzeker-plus an all-new 'Tabloid' variant cover by Jonathan H. Gray, Jim Amash and Matt Herms!
- Total Eclipse - Part Two: "Tipping Point"
The issue opens with Relic and Fixit diving for cover behind the Master Emerald. Terrified, Relic asks Snively what exactly Eclipse is. Meanwhile, Shadow and Eclipse continue their fight. When Eclipse knocks Shadow to the ground, Relic runs over in concern, but Shadow shoos her away, telling her he'll handle it. Eclipse is disgusted by how easily Shadow wiped out his kind without a thought, but struggles to protect 'inferior' creatures such as Relic. Once again, Eclipse asks Shadow to join him in harvesting the world. In response, Shadow replies that he swore to give the world a chance to be happy. A tear glistens in Eclipse's eye as he mutters about trying to be reasonable as the two resume their fighting once more.
- Meanwhile, in the Red Mountain Zone, Knuckles is leading the remainder of Team Dark to find Eclipse's shuttle. As they search, Rouge and Knuckles start conversing about their duties, and Rouge points out how Knuckles is always hiding up on his island. Knuckles says he stays up on Angel Island for everyone's sake, and Rouge responds by saying she has her job too, but it doesn't dominate her whole life.
Just then, Omega receives a transmission from Fixit, who informs them that Shadow and Eclipse are fighting. At this, the three hurry back the way they had come, leaving Eclipse's ship (and the Dark Arms inside) untouched. Rouge warns Knuckles that though he may be tough, not even he can take Eclipse alone. While Knuckles, Rouge, and Omega hurry back, Eclipse and Shadow continue their battle. As Shadow lunges at him to attack, Eclipse transforms into his powered-up form, knocking Shadow away. Shadow growls that Omega had warned him of Eclipse's transformation, and that he is not impressed at all. He attempts to use Chaos Control, but is startled as he realizes that it doesn't work. Distracted, he allows Eclipse to knock him back once more. Angered, Shadow spin-dashes into Eclipse - only to be caught between Eclipse's massive claws and pounded forcefully into the ground; Eclipse muttering "so much for the Ultimate Lifeform..." Dazed, Shadow is hoisted comically into the air by Eclipse as he gloats about how his power is ten times as great as Shadow's. With this, he pitches Shadow across the grass into the staircase of the Master Emerald's shrine. As Shadow struggles weakly to his feet, Eclipse reaches for him menacingly, asking if Shadow has any last words.
Struck with a sudden idea, Shadow springs forward, placing his palm on the Master Emerald and using its power for Chaos Control. He is able to gain an edge on Eclipse, knocking him clear across the field and revealing that Eclipse's super form is really just a shell. Just then, as Shadow is standing and staring at the shriveling husk of Eclipse's super form, Relic races around the corner, asking Shadow if he is alright. Shadow, still weakened from his fight, mutters about how he had never used the Master Emerald before, and that it was impressive. His battle over, he wants to finish his work, but almost collapses from pain. Relic rushes to his side and supports him while telling him to wait for the others. Snively then comes over and tells Shadow they must move the Master Emerald to a safe place. Relic responds angrily that he hasn't been here ten minutes and already he's trying to rob Knuckles. Snively assures her he has everyone's best interest at heart, and the panel shows him in his lab, revealing a plot titled 'Operation: Conquest.'
Meanwhile, Eclipse staggers to his feet, wondering about the Master Emerald's power when he sees Knuckles and the remainder of Team Dark fly overhead. Cursing himself for leaving the shuttle unprotected, he uses Chaos Control and disappears. Landing on the Master Emerald shrine next to Shadow and Relic, Rouge tells Shadow she warned him about Eclipse, to which Shadow replies he's fine. Omega interrupts and informs the group that Eclipse has vanished. Shadow, about to dash off in pursuit, is stopped by Rouge, who tells him he's in no shape to fight. Knuckles tells Shadow that Eclipse won't be going anywhere, as his shuttle is destroyed. Instead of risking the Emerald again, Shadow opts for a different route: moving the Master Emerald. A heated argument follows, and Shadow is just about to move the Emerald via Chaos Control when he is grabbed by Knuckles and punted down the stairs. The issue ends on a cliffhanger as Shadow and Knuckles begin to fight.
Omega aggressively shoots at everything in sight as Fixit looks on in shock. Fixit, brandishing a wrench, then joyfully exclaims "I can fix it!", to which Omega retorts "Fix THIS!". Fixit then curls into a fetal position upon witnessing the endless destruction Omega has wraught.
- Shadow and Eclipse continue their fight. Shadow manages to knock Eclipse out of sight.
- Knuckles, Rouge and Omega find Eclipse's wrecked shuttle.
- Severely injured, Eclipse makes his way back the crash site.
- Snively is secretly working on a project called Operation: Conquest.
- Shadow decides that the only option is to move the Master Emerald to G.U.N. HQ for safety.
- Knuckles, who furiously objects to the aforementioned idea, begins a fight with Shadow.
- This is the first issue of Sonic Universe to feature a "tabloid" variant cover, and the second issue in any Sonic series-the first being StH #172-to feature such a cover.
- The line "bald is beautiful" from Snively's section of the variant cover is likely a nod to Eggman's line to him in StH #171.
- Fixit's line in the Off-Panel "I can fix it!" is the catchphrase of the similarly named Fix-It Felix, a character from Disney's Wreck-It Ralph. The movie in question featured cameo appearances from several famous video game characters, including Sonic and Eggman.