Archie Sonic Universe Issue 67 is the sixty-seventh issue of the Archie Sonic Universe comic series.
BRAND NEW STORY ARC! The events of "Shadow Fall" and "Chaos Caper" have clashed to collision in the epic new tale -- "Total Eclipse" Part One! The third chapter in the DARK TRILOGY begins here as Team Dark comes to Angel Island on the hunt for Eclipse. But Knuckles isn’t known for his hospitality! Sparks begin to fly as he and Shadow clash over how to protect the world! Meanwhile, the sinister Eclipse hunts our heroes! It's the first-ever SU TRILOGY and you'll be in on the ground floor with this titanic new issue, featuring cover art from TRACY YARDLEY and a special "PIXEL CUTSCENE" variant from Ryan Jampole!
- Total Eclipse - Part One: "Uninvited Guests"
Eclipse the Darkling's escape saucer-carrying him and the eggs of the Dark Arms-crash land in the Red Mountain Zone of Angel Island. After being knocked unconscious, Eclipse awakens and discovers to his horror that most of the eggs have been destroyed. However, some of the creatures are found to have survived, and Eclipse promises to care for them and prepare them to take vengeance upon their enemies. Several days later, a G.U.N. craft carrying Team Dark arrives on the island at Launch Base in search of Eclipse. Their intelligence comes from the Space Colony ARK sensors used by Dr. Julian Snively, who has sent a G.U.N. robot with a communications screen to accompany them. He suggests securing the Master Emerald first, but Shadow wishes to find and destroy Eclipse as quickly as possible. Rouge points out that they'll need Knuckles' help and knowledge of the island, and shuts down Snively's attempts to order them around by reminding him that he's there for observation only. The group then sets out to reach Shrine Island, traversing much of the island in the process.
- Off Panel: Total Eclipse
As Team Dark flies to Angel Island, Shadow asks Rouge to let him know when they've reached the floating continent. Rouge asks how he could possibly miss a giant chunk of floating land. Shadow glares at her and Rouge realizes what he means: outside of the ship, the sky is filled with floating chunks of land due to The Shattered World Crisis.
- Team Dark arrives on Angel Island to search for Eclipse the Darkling, with Dr. Snively monitoring them.
- Knuckles, Relic and Fixit try to study the alien plants while Tikal and Chip head for Hidden Palace.
- Both groups meet up, and manage to figure out that Eclipse is indeed on the island.
- Deep in the Red Mountain, Eclipse feeds his Dark Arms, which are revealed to be hybrids of Black Arms and Wisps.
- Eclipse decides to toy with Shadow's mind by making him see hallucinations of Black Death, but Shadow figures it out and starts fighting Eclipse.
- This is the first Archie Sonic publication to be marketed under the "Archie Action Series" banner.
- The variant cover is an homage to a typical "cutscene" from a classic 16-bit video game.
- The cover can also be seen as an homage to the cover of StH#138, with the heroes posing in mid-air in front of Angel Island, and the poses of Knuckles and the Chaotix being based on official artwork from the game Sonic Heroes.
- As Team Dark venture through numerous Angel Island zones to find Knuckles, Omega can be seen blowing up a barrel in the Carnival Night Zone. Though the zone has many of these barrels floating around, Omega blowing one up could be seen as a reference to what fans have dubbed "the barrel of doom" from the Sonic the Hedgehog 3 video game: a particular barrel in Act 2 of the zone that blocked the players path, which infamously got many players stumped on how to progress.