formatting it to ensure it meets the site's criteria.
Archie Sonic Universe Issue 62 is the sixty-second issue of the Archie Sonic Universe comic series.
'Shadow Fall' Part Four: The EPIC CONCLUSION to the alien-smashing saga starring Shadow the Hedgehog IS HERE! “Shadow Fall” Part Four: Shadow vs. Black Death – for the fate of the world! Who will walk away alive? Who won’t make it to see a new day? Meanwhile, Rouge and Omega desperately try to save their G.U.N. comrades as Eclipse hunts them down! All this with a ticking nuclear time-bomb in the background! Don’t miss the pulse-pounding conclusion! Featuring new cover art from Tracy Yardley! and a special “CGI” variant by newcomer Sonic superstar Rafa Knight!
- Shadow Fall - Part Four: "A Matter of Survival"
Shadow and Black Death are locked in heated combat, Black Death calling Shadow a traitor and trying to convince him that he should remain loyal to the Black Arms. Shadow rebuffs his argument, calling the Black Arms' definition of "survival" an attempt to justify the destruction of all other races, and recalling his promise to Maria to protect the billions of people on Mobius. Then Shadow removes his Inhibitor Rings. Meanwhile, all of Spider Troupe meets up, with the captured part explaining what happened, and reveals that the rest of Team Dark is retrieving the bomb. Heading over to Rouge and Omega, Shadow stopped sending them instructions, and they realize that while Shadow fights, they're on their own. The two quickly find the nuke, without guard. Realizing that this must be an ambush, Omega steps forwards, and Eclipse with a Black Oak step out of the shadows. Omega shoots down the Black Oak, and Eclipse mourns the loss, cradling the alien warrior's head. Omega toys with Eclipse while wrestling with him, and Rouge, calling Omega a sadist, tells him to leave, bomb the place and be done with it. But Eclipse has another trick up his sleeve... He uses metamorphosis to transform into a larger, bulkier form, and tosses Omega right next to Rouge.
- Off Panel: Shadow Fall
Omega continuously replays a clip of the New Black Comet blowing up, admiring its beauty. A bored Eclipse sits next to him on the couch asking if they can watch something else.
- "After The Credits Scene" (Standard Cover)
In the Sky Rail Zone, Knuckles the Echidna is seeking out a mysterious energy that he can sense nearby. Knuckles worries about Angel Island when he suddenly notices a shooting star falling from the sky. Knuckles hopes it doesn't land on his island and continues his search, unaware that the falling star is actually Eclipse's spaceship.
- "After The Credits Scene" (Variant Cover)
Back at G.U.N. Headquarters, Commander Tower speaks with an unseen scientist. The scientist tells Tower he should have been allowed to work on the field. Tower disagrees, saying he needed to keep an eye on him. The scientist is revealed to be Dr. Snively.
- Shadow and Black Death have their final battle, which ends with Black Death being vaporized by Shadow's Chaos Blast.
- The heroes escape the comet before the nuke is detonated.
- Eclipse manages to evade the blast by fleeing in an escape saucer.
- Back on Sonic's World, in the Sky Rail Zone, Knuckles the Echidna spots Eclipse's escape saucer falling from the sky. This event is seen at the end of the standard cover issue only.
- It's revealed that in the altered Prime Zone, Snively still exists, now as a scientist working for GUN named Julian Snively. This event is seen at the end of the variant cover issue only.
- The regular cover and variant cover are essentially opposite to each other, as each character on both covers have the same position, but are mirrored.
- This is the first Sonic Universe issue with a cover done by artist Rafa Knight.
- This issue is part of a new bonus month known as "After the Credits Month" which sports a special ending at the end of the issue serving as a sneak peek at the next issue. Additionally, the ending is different between the standard and variant cover issues. This will also affect Sonic #259 and Mega Man #36.
- The variant cover ending marks Snively's first true appearance since SU#40 (if one doesn't count his cameo appearance in the Worlds Collide storyline) and his first appearance in the post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.
Cameos & References
- The nuke's activation code is "Sierra-Uniform-Zero-Six-Two", which can be read as "SU062": a reference to the issue number.