Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sonic Universe Issue 59 is the fifty-ninth issue of the spin-off Sonic Universe series.
Brand New Story Arc! Jump aboard the action as we begin the ‘Shadow Fall’ saga! Team Dark is sent into the deep, dark depths of space to stop the approach of the Black Comet! It hasn’t even been fifty years! The Black Comet is home to an evil, violent race of aliens known as The Black Arms, but the Black Arms were defeated months ago - so who are these new alien invaders inhabiting the comet sent to consume the earth? And what sinister new villain awaits Shadow in its depths? You cannot miss this gritty, alien-blasting new storyline with art from Jamal Peppers, and cover art from Tracy Yardley! Plus a killer Shadow variant cover from T. Rex!
- Shadow Fall - Part One: "Into the Unknown"
Shadow mentions how it's a shame they can't just use the Eclipse Cannon to blow up the New Black Comet, since there's no time to hunt for a Chaos Emerald to power it. Rouge, however, suggests another energy source to power the cannon: she attempts to persuad Knuckles to let them use the Master Emerald, with the angry echidna responding "How guilable do you think I am?!"
- It's revealed that in the altered Prime Zone, some form of the events of Shadow the Hedgehog took place, but several Black Arms colonies still exist.
- A New Black Comet is discovered to be approaching the planet.
- Team Dark and the Spider Troupe are sent to the comet to set up a detonator and obliterate it.
- The new leader of the Black Arms, Black Death, is introduced, along with his mysterious underling Eclipse the Darkling.
- Eclipse mentions a powerful new Black Arms experiment called the "Dark Arms".
- A toxic gas threatening to paralyze the heroes is released.
- After scouting ahead, Shadow is overpowered by the Black Arms when his attempt at Chaos Control unexpectedly fails.
- Shadow encounters Eclipse for the first time.
- If the previous arc, which takes place in a different zone, is not counted, this is the first Sonic Universe arc to take place in the post-Super Genesis Wave timeline.
- If the above information is taken into account, this arc also bears similarities to the original "Shadow Saga", in that both arcs where the first Sonic Universe storylines to take place in each timeline of the comic (the "Shadow Saga" was first the first SU storyline and by extension the first of that series to take place in the original pre-Super Genesis Wave timeline, whereas "Shadow Fall" is the first to take place in the new timeline). Both arcs revolve around Shadow and Team Dark.
- This is the second Sonic Universe arc to not be penciled by Tracy Yardley.
- This arc and the previous one follows an identical format to the "Babylon Rising" and "Scrambled" arcs: Tracy Yardley both wrote and drew "Babylon Rising" whereas the following arc "Scrambled" was drawn by Jamal Peppers to make up for Tracy's extra work load in the prior arc. In this instance, Peppers took over drawing duties for "Shadow Fall" to make up for Tracy's extra work load of both drawing and writing "Pirate Plunder Panic".
- As expected for this new universe, this issue reveals that the events of the game Shadow the Hedgehog have already taken place.
- Rouge's flashback to when she and the heroes where paralysed by a toxic gas is taken straight from the final story of the Shadow the Hedgehog game.
- The "Conduit Gel" appeared in several levels of Shadow the Hedgehog, where, like in the issue, it was used by Shadow as a form of transportation.
- The Ratatosk is named after Ratatoskr; a squirrel in Norse Mythology.
This issue has been reprinted in the following places: