Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This issue leads directly into Sonic the Hedgehog #256
Archie Sonic Universe Issue 58 is the fifty-eighth issue of the Archie Sonic Universe series.
Pirate Plunder Panic Part Four: BUCKLE YOUR SEA-BELTS, BUCCANEERS, THE END BE NEAR! The thrilling high-stakes high sea adventure concludes, with the Egg o’ War ready to launch, and all th’ worlds in peril! It’s Blaze vs. Cpt. Metal. The power of the Sol Emeralds a’beckons, as does the transformation into Burning Blaze—blimey!
- Pirate Plunder Panic - The Conclusion
A three way battle breaks out between the forces under Blaze, Captain Metal, and Captain Whisker, with Blaze leaping to confront Metal and reclaim the final Sol Emerald. Conjuring a sword made out of fire, she clashes with the villain, who refuses to hand it over despite her warnings that the Sol Zone will be destroyed unless all seven Emeralds are brought together. Reminding her that the Egg O' War can travel to other Zones, he announces his intentions to leave the Sol Zone to its fate, knocking her unconscious before taking off for the Egg O' War. Whisker and his crew board the Metal Marauder, forcing Blaze's allies to divide: Amy, Cream, and Cheese leave to rescue Blaze while Marine, Bark, and their press-ganged pirate engage Whisker and his crew, leaving Bean to menace Swash and Buckle. Aboard the Egg O' War, inside the chamber that once served as the Genesis Reactor, Captain Metal has Blaze restrained and connected to the generator, which has the Sol Emerald installed into it.
With the Emerald's power, the Egg O' War lifts off, prompting Whisker and his crew to depart, with Marine's pirates abandoning their ship for his. He then has Mini and Mum fire a missile that blows a hole through the Metal Marauder, causing it to sink. Fortunately, Swash and Buckle abandon their submarine to avoid Bean, determined to return to Pirate Island, and the heroes relocate to the smaller vessel. Back aboard the Egg O' War, Metal notes Whisker's departure, and then sets his machinery to draining Blaze of the power of the other six Sol Emeralds. Luckily, Cream and Amy intervene, smashing the machinery and freeing Blaze while distracting Metal. The two engage the mechanical pirate, allowing Blaze to secure the final Emerald, only to be thrown down by the angry robot. Fortunately, Blaze turns the tables by using the power of all seven Emeralds to achieve a Super transformation: Burning Blaze. Using her increased power, she melts Captain Metal into molten slag, only for the Captain to undergo his own transformation of sorts: he uploads himself into the Egg O' War's computer, becoming one with his Sol Emerald charged battle station.
Blasting an escape route for her friends, Burning Blaze attacks the Egg O' War, destroying the Genesis Reactor before flying outside. She then unleashes a massive fireblast, tearing through the flying fortress and sending it plummeting into the sea, where it quickly sinks. Landing on the submarine, Burning Blaze reverts to normal after receiving her friends' praises. She then thanks Bark and Bean for their help, and remarks that the Sol Emeralds must have brought them there despite their checkered pasts. Blaze rejoices over her success, but refuses to take Amy's suggestion of a vacation, knowing that there are still threats to her world. She then prepares to send the natives of Mobius home, with Amy and herself both feeling that things are out of sorts there. Using the power of the Sol Emeralds, she teleports them, and Marine soon begins crying over their departure. Unbeknownst to them, at the bottom of the sea, the Egg O' War's single eye lights up in identical fashion to Captain Metal's. The four Mobians then arrive in Mobotropolis, and sensing that things are wrong Amy suggests that they locate Sonic.
Marine's epic 'fan fiction' reaches its conclusion, as Princess Blaze saves the world using the power of her bejeweled scepter before departing into the sunset with her fiance. However, the real Blaze apparently dislikes the story and burns Marine's manuscript. Amy, however, remarks that her dashing captain love interest - who bears an obvious resemblance to Silver the Hedgehog - "doesn't sound all that bad..."
- Captain Metal recaptures Blaze and takes her back to the Egg O' War.
- Captain Metal uses the power of the last Sol Emerald to launch the Egg O' War into the sky.
- Captain Whisker and his crew retreat.
- Blaze transforms into Burning Blaze and melts Captain Metal, but not before he downloads his programming into the Egg O' War.
- Burning Blaze destroys the Egg O' War, causing it to crash and sink to the bottom of the sea.
- It's revealed that it was the Sol Emeralds that brought Amy and Cream to the Sol Zone, so they could help in defeating Captain Metal.
- Blaze sends Amy, Cream, Cheese, Bean, and Bark back to the Prime Zone.
- Captain Metal/Egg O' War is revealed to still be online beneath the sea.
- The heroes arrive in the middle of Mobotropolis, and Amy, feeling that something's not right, says they should find Sonic.
- This issues variant cover marks the first time Ryan Jampole has drawn for a Sonic title that has no connection to the Mega Man series, the last time being as part of the Worlds Collide crossover.
- This issue marks the first appearance of Burning Blaze, a Super transformation previously only mentioned in The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia.
- When Burning Blaze destroys the Egg O' War, she uses an attack similar to the one used in Sonic Rush against Eggman Nega.
- The act of Captain Metal in uploading his A.I. into the Egg O' War to become one with the battle station is reminiscent of the Star Wars expanded universe story The Tale of IG-88, in which the titular assassin droid uploads himself into the computer core of the second Death Star.
- When Blaze brings up the events of "Treasure Team Tango", Amy and Cream seem to show signs that they are aware of it. This indicates that the events of that arc may have also taken place in the new Post-Super Genesis Wave Timeline, which is also supported by the exchange between Blaze and Marine in #55.
- In the Off-Panel Marine wails that Blaze is "sinking my ship", which could be a pun on the 'shipping' of Silver and Blaze by fans, as well as the fact that Blaze is burning the manuscript of a story on a ship. It is likely a nod to the belief of various fans that the pair had romantic feelings for each other based on their interactions in the game Sonic the Hedgehog (2006).