Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
formatting it to ensure it meets the site's criteria.
Archie Sonic Universe Issue 5 is the fifth issue of the spin-off Sonic Universe comic series.
By popular demand, we're going back to the future! It's now thirty years down the line and King Sonic is on the throne. He has his hands full with the tiny royal twins, but fan-favorite Lara-Su is there to help. As the world prepares to celebrate the new royal family, a deadly plot is hatched from the shadows...and you'll never guess who shows up at the end! It's the action and adventure you've come to expect from "Mobius: 25 Years Later" tales...not to mention all your favorite good guys and bad guys! The future has never been more frantic...and it's up to Sonic to make sure it's infinite!
- "Five Years of Peace"
Sasha Cat of News 11 was giving a news report on taking a look back on what historians are calling the Five Years of Peace. She talked about Shadow the Hedgehog's conquest of Mobius, his marriage to Queen Sally, their rule together, and how Shadow was taken from the throne by Sonic the Hedgehog, Knuckles and his daughter, Lara-Su. She then talked about Sonic's marriage to Queen Sally and how the people of Mobius are to celebrate the anniversarry of five year coronation tomorrow just as a picture of Sonic and his new family shows up on screen.
Seeing this, Sonic's son, Manik Acorn went ecstatic at seeing himself on TV as a baby. Sonia Acorn tried to get him to sit down again so she could see, which his father found amusing since he is the prince of the world and he get excited by merely being on TV, which Sally noted was just like Sonic. Sonic and Sally then tell their children that they will be leaving that night to relax. The children beg them not to go, but they quickly change their minds as soon as they see Lara-Su had come to baby-sit them. Lara-Su assured the king and queen that she could handle the twins, but she soon found out just how wrong she was. Within hours, the two children had managed to knock over all the furniture in the living room while speeding around, and Lara had to resort to using Chaos Control in order to make them stop and go to bed and read them quite a few stories. She then contacted her parents via a video-phone to talk about how things were going with the Mazuri Seperatists, and gave them her love before Sonia and Manik managed to run out of their room and engaged the two in a pillow fight. Unbeknownst to the young Guardian, the Dark Presence's spy unit, the Dark Eyes, were keeping watch on her.
A Dark Eye reported in to Lien-Da and asked her if Team "C" should move in, but she denied permission and then told her spy to retreat. When a Dark Hand inquires as to why they aren't engaging the enemy, Lien-Da said that the children are innocent in all of this and would not let them come to harm if she could help it. But she also said that those who are guilty, (Lara-Su, King Sonic, Queen Sally, Knuckles, and Julie-Su), will get what they deserve for the anarchy they caused, dethroning King Shadow, and keeping her away from what is hers, and then left with a bazooka in a briefcase for tomorrow's celebration.
The next day at the celebration of King Sonic's five year rule, Miles Prower along with his wife Mina, and his children Skye and Melody, were making their way through the crowd when they met Lara-Su, who was given a big hug from Mina, and greetings from the others except for Skye, who was too nervous to talk. Lara-Su then admitted to Miles after he asked that she was feeling rather nervous about going on her first big mission without her parents or the Chaotix to back her up, but Miles assured her that after completing an incredibly difficult task like defeating King Shadow, that everyone on Mobius would be confident in her keeping them safe.
While all this was happening, the Dark Presence were preparing to put their plan into action and had got everyone except Team "C" into position, as they were stuck in traffic. Lien-Da then pulled out her bazooka and got it ready to fire.
While performing a sweep of the city, Lara noticed a couple of Dark Hands setting up a bazooka to attack King Sonic with during his speech, but Lara quickly subdued them, only to see that the bazooka wasn't loaded and realised that it was merely a diversion. Lien-Da, who was wielding the loaded weapon the whole time, then fired on King Sonic and his family, only for the projectile to be caught and destroyed in the psychokinetic grip of Silver the Hedgehog.
- King Sonic: Prince of the entire world and he gets excited about being on TV.
- Queen Sally: As if you're any different.
- King Sonic: Okay, so you got me there.
- Lara-Su: I SAID "BEDTIME"!
- Manik: Tag, you're it! And again! And again! And again!
- Sonia: You hafta catch us first like Dad does!
- Lara-Su: CHAOS CONTROL! (catches the twins in orbs of Chaos energy)
- Manik: Awwww...
- Sonia: So unfair...
- Lara-Su: (enters Sonia and Manik's bedroom) I thought I told you two to settle- (gets hit in the face by a pillow)
- Manik: (runs out) JAIL BREAK! JAIL BREAK!
- Sonia: (runs out) If she gets you she'll put you in the roboticizer beds!
- Lara-Su: (grabs pillow and "attacks" Manik and Sonia) FLYING PILLOW-PUMMEL ATTACK!
- Sonia: EEK!
- Manik: No! My one weakness!
- Silver: (descending to meet the royal family) My name is Silver the Hedgehog. I've come back to your present to save my future.
- The two homeless Rabbits bear a resemblance to Cream the Rabbit and her mother, Vanilla the Rabbit.
- The symbol on the flag Shadow holds is the same one from the 2005 game Shadow the Hedgehog.
- Mazuri was a location in Sonic Unleashed based on the continent of Africa.
- Caricatures of writer Ian Flynn and his wife Aleah Baker are featured in this issue.
- Dr. Eggman's robot lackeys from Sonic X, Decoe, Bocoe and Bokkun, make cameo appearances in this issue in the same panel as Aleah Baker.
- This issue marks the first time fan art has appeared in Sonic Universe, and the very first appearance of "Fan Funnies."
- Dr. Eggman makes a cameo appearance as a doll in this issue.
- This is the first Sonic Universe issue that lacks an Off-Panel.
- Silver's talk bubble is mistakenly outlined green.
- Sally mentions that she and Sonic are dining at Rory's, hinting that the character Rory owns a restaurant in the Light Mobius zone.
- On page 16, Miles mispronounced "Royalty" as "Roalty".
- When Miles and Mina Prower noticed the missle fired at the royal family, Mina's muzzle was miscolored white instead of peach.
This issue has been reprinted in the following places:
- Sonic Universe Vol. 2: 30 Years Later
- "30 Years Later" takes place five years after "Mobius 25 Years Later: Tempus Aeternus" (StH#167).
- From Silver's perspective, "30 Years Later" takes place between "Hedgehog Havoc: Part 2" (StH#196) and "Future Tense: Part 1" (StH#215).
|Sonic the Hedgehog (StH)||
|Sonic Universe (SU)||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 ||
|Sonic Boom (SB)||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ||
|Sonic X (SX)||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 ||
|Knuckles the Echidna (KtE)||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 ||
|Tie-Ins||Sabrina: 28 | Mega Man: 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 50 | 51 | 52 ||
|Mini-Series||Sonic Miniseries: 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | Sally Miniseries: 1 | 2 | 3 | Tails Miniseries: 1 | 2 | 3 | Knuckles Miniseries: 1 | 2 | 3 | Sonic Quest Miniseries: 1 | 2 | 3 ||
|One-shot Specials||Sonic In Your Face | Sonic & Knuckles | Sonic Triple Trouble | Knuckles' Chaotix | Super Sonic vs Hyper Knuckles | Sonic & Knuckles: Mecha Madness | Sonic Live! | Sonic Blast | Mega Man: Worlds Unite Battles | Sonic the Hedgehog: Worlds Unite Battles | Mega Drive | Sonic: Mega Drive- The Next Level | Sonic: Mega Drive- Overdrive ||
|Sonic Super Specials (SSS)||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 ||
|Free Comic Specials (FCBD/HCF)||Sonic #1/4 | Archie Mini 98 | Archie Mini 99 | Secret Rings | Sonic FCBD 07 | Sonic FCBD 08 | Sonic FCBD 09 | Sonic FCBD 10 | Sonic FCBD 11 | Sonic FCBD 12 | Sonic FCBD 13 | Sonic HCF 13 | Sonic FCBD 14 | SB: Digital | Sonic FCBD 15 | Sonic FCBD 16 ||
|Sonic Super Special Magazine
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 ||
|Sonic Super Digest
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ||
|Reprints & Compilations||Sonic Archives | Sonic Saga Series | Sonic the Hedgehog Graphic Novel Series | Sonic Select | Sonic Universe Graphic Novel Series | Sonic Boom Graphic Novel Series | Knuckles Archives | Sonic Legacy Series | Best of Sonic the Hedgehog | Sonic Comics Spectacular | Sonic/Mega Man: Worlds Collide | Sonic/Mega Man: Worlds Unite | Archie Digital Exclusives | Standalone Graphic Novels ||
|International Versions||France | Germany | United Kingdom ||
|Other||Variant Covers | Sonic Comic Book Packs | Sonic Comic App | Video Games | The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia | Sonic Super Special Magazine Issue 14 (Limited/Unreleased Version) ||