Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Archie Sonic Universe Issue 40 is the fortieth issue in the spin-off series Sonic Universe comic series.
"Scrambled" Part Four: The explosive conclusion! It's the showdown decades in the making:Dr. Eggman vs. Snivley! As the two mad geniuses clash one thing is for certain: whoever wins, the good guys lose! Don't miss the grueling final fight with a sinister twist you won't believe!
- "Scrambled" - Part 4
Doctor Eggman is face to face with the Iron Oni, piloted by Snively and attended by Regina. The doctor sends Cubot and Orbot away to summon a fighting robot while he distracts the couple. Robotnik tries to psych his nephew out with taunts but Snively defends his recent actions by reasoning he visited Hope and helped Regina for love. Eggman's first plan is to have the mind-controlled Khan destroy the Iron Oni, but Regina quickly takes control of him and the fight between Khan and Mecha Sally breaks out again.
Snively begins to chase down his uncle but the Egg-Swats slow him down. Cubot and Orbot finally settle on a robot, which crashes to the ground from the Egg 'Stache Flyer. It is then revealed to be an upgraded version of the Egg Beater. Eggman pilots the mech, which the doctor then boasts that it has no electronics for Regina to control. Though the Iron Oni is tougher and made from sturdier material, Eggman is shown to be the better pilot and gets the machine in a tight grip without taking a hit. Eggman receives his Omni-Tool from Orbot and uses it to modify parts of the Iron Oni, weakning it. He returns to his mech and destroys the Iron Oni with one hit and one blast, sending Regina and Snively sprawling.
Meanwhile, the controlled Khan has beaten Mecha Sally in battle and she is resorting to original Sally's memories to stop Khan from killing her completely. He does not buy in to it, though, and is about to strike her down before Regina's hold on him fails. With Khan out of the way, Mecha Sally moves into emergency stand-by. Khan is forced to give the broken Sally to Eggman, as he is the only one who can help her. In return, Eggman leaves him the imprisoned villagers and does no further harm to the village. Khan promises his revenge, but Eggman laughs it off and leaves.
Later, Regina wakes up in a Legion Base around the United Federation. Eggman has decided to let Regina and Snively live together, leading that portion of the Legion (replacing Hugo), though he expects them to still play "the game" with him, only better. Regina and Snively are ecstatic, realizing their new position lets them be together and will give them an edge when fighting Eggman in the future. When Regina is examining Hugo's machinery, she talks about how happy they'll be and Snively, with technomagic symbols floating around his head, happily agrees.
Eggman is later explaining what happened to someone unseen, describing how G.U.N. and the U.F. are weakened, Hope's location has been revealed, the Dark Egg Legion is powerful more than ever, and that Regina will be helping him somewhat. He taunts the unseen person some more, saying that he beat them even at their best. It is revealed that he is talking to Snively, beaten, bruised, and crying in a capsule. Eggman tells him that an Infiltrator copy is living with Regina, pretending to be the real Snively, and that it will take a while before she discovers the truth. He leaves Snively with the knowledge that he is the only person who knows Snively is there and that he won't even leave the cell.
His last words to his distraught nephew are "Game over, Snively. Thanks for playing."
Eggman, Orbot and Cubot are returning to the Death Egg in their aircraft, when Eggman yells that they need to descend. Their aircraft crashes in the wrong place with the Death Egg, with the moustauche over his eyes, which are now popped. Eggman yells at Orbot and Cubot for doing this.
Snively: In a minute you won't be anything! I have the massive weapon! I have my darling Regina! You have nothing! The Eggman Empire is MINE!
Eggman (upon entering the Egg Beater II): Get a load of THIS!
Monkey Khan: As soon as I'm healed...soon as the people are safe...I'm coming for you. When I'm through...all that will be left of you...will be a bad memory.
Eggman: Game over, Snively. Thanks for playing.
- Monkey Khan is restored to normal, his village left alone in exchange for Eggman saving Metal Sally's life
- Regina is given control of a Dark Egg Legion group with Snively by her side.
- The real Snively is trapped in his own prison, the one with Regina a copy
- The cover of the issue is a parody of Sonic the Fighters.
- Honey the Cat makes a cameo on the front cover of the issue, though she did not make an appearance in Sonic the Fighters. She was originally going to be playable, but was canceled and only playable via hack. She is however playable in Sonic the Fighters when they Re-released the game for PSN and Xbox Live. Her personality hasn't been delved into the Archie comics either (appearing on the front cover of the issue instead), but fans and fan fiction writers tend to give her the same personality as her source character—sweet and pleasant, but can become aggressive when she puts on the rubber/plastic dress she made herself. They also make her a fashion designer/fashion school student, just like her source character. She is based on the character Honey from Fighting Vipers, a game developed by Sega AM2.
- Eggman is holding multiple Badnik heads on the cover, implying that he can do fatalities (finishing moves used in Mortal Kombat).
- When Eggman enters the Egg Beater II, he quotes his famous (and annoying) line from Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut, "get a load of this"!
- This issue marks the final on panel appearances of Monkey Kahn and Regina before their removal to the reboot.