formatting it to ensure it meets the site's criteria.
- Previous Issue ←—→ Next Issue
- This issue takes place between Sonic the Hedgehog #204 and Sonic the Hedgehog #205
Archie Sonic Universe 11 is the eleventh issue in the Sonic Universe series.
New mysteries arise, along with new faces - both good and evil! But is everyone really who they say they are? It's up to Knuckles to figure it all out and rescue Angel Island before it's too late! This issue also features the long-awaited return of the Downunda Freedom Fighters and Knuckles' most unlikely ally - Dr. Finitevus?!
- "Echoes of the Past" - Part Three
As Angel Island is seen chained, Dr. Finitevus asks Knuckles what they are going to do. Knuckles, in complete anger, slams Dr. Finitevus into a wall and yells that it was his fault and starts to ask questions. Dr. Finitevus states they are useless questions and asks how he did it when Knuckles was slamming him into walls. He then answers Knuckles's questions while Mighty restrains him. When Julie-Su asks why Finitevus would want to help, and states that he wants to help because he needs the Master Emerald. Knuckles states its safe, but Vector and Ray come through a Warp Ring stating they were ambushed, while Finitevus laughs about the emerald being "safe". Vector questions why they haven't beaten him up yet, and Julie-Su states they are trying to figure that out. Ray and Vector argue while Mighty sees the Wing Dingoes coming. The team, with Dr. Finitevus, then prepare to attack the dingoes.
Before they could act, the Downunda Freedom Fighters appeared on the scene and trashed the robotic canines. After a brief introduction, they retreated to the safety of one of the buildings. The Downunda Freedom Fighters explained how their old teammate Bill had betrayed them to the Eggman Empire, becoming the Grandmaster of the Downunda Dark Egg Legion. After informing Knuckles of Finitevus`s conspiracy Walt offered to "deal" with the doctor for him, after splitting up, Knuckles sent Julie and Ray back to the island to guard the Master Emerald before setting out. Arriving at the crater they found the launchers to use were Warp Rings, confirming Finitevus as the culprit, the Dark Egg Legion assaulted them soon after with an army of Wing Dingoes as back-up. In the Great Crater, the Downunda Freedom Fighters and Doctor Finitevus sneaks past the Dark Egg Legion`s defenses, Thrash grabs Finitevus and in anger at what the echidna said tries to pummel him. With his warp rings Finitevus diverts the blow, knocking Walt out and sending a charging Stu into a wall. Kicking Thrash roughly in the head after avoiding yet another blow with his rings the doctor is assaulted by Barby who swiftly pins him up against a wall. However, before she attempted to strike him down, she is shot from behind by an unseen assailant.
Meanwhile, on the edge of the Great Crater, the fight is not going well for Knuckles either, with Mighty out cold and Vector suspended in the air by Wing Dingoes while Guru Emu refuses to fight back due to his pacifist views. Taking on the legion of platypus on his own, he is blasted down by several shots to the back. Regaining consciousness, he finds his friends chained on the floor alongside the Downunda Freedom Fighters, as well as Finitevus standing before him, mocking a chained Knuckles.
Off Panel #1
- "Ray Saves The Day"
Ray confronts two Wing Dingoes and tells them "Bad robots! Down! Sit!" The robots obey his commands like dogs, and Ray then tells them to lie down, which they do. He then tells them to roll over and they roll all the way off Shrine Isle, and Ray yells that he saved Angel Island.
Off Panel #2
Knuckles chases Dr. Finitevus through the ruins. Finitevus spots an active Warp Ring and jumps into it, only to discover that it wasn't a Warp Ring, but only one painted on a wall. Charmy Bee then appears saying that if this was his only appearance in the arc, then he'd make it count for something.
- Knuckles: I know you're behind all this! How did you activate those chains? Why is your lab in a bunch of ruins that shouldn't exist? I WANT ANSWERS!
- Dr. Finitevus: And yet you ask useless questions. How could I have attacked Angel Island while you were throwing me into walls?
- Vector: Is there a reason we're not pounding this guy into salsa?
- Julie-Su: We're still trying to figure that out.
- Mighty: Since when was "You can kick my butt" a romantic line?
- Dr. Finitevus: I must admit -- being part of a strike team is an amusing novelty.
- Thrash: (grabs Dr. Finitevus) Hope you enjoyed it, chum. You ain't got much left to look forward to.
- Barby: (referring to Thrash) Never send a thug to do a mercenary's job.
- Guru: (to Knuckles) You should have gone with the flow, man.
- Knuckles, the Chaotix, and Dr. Finitevus team up to save Angel Island, and are later joined by the Downunda Freedom Fighters.
- The Downunda Freedom Fighters and Chaotix are caught by Dr. Finitevus and the Grandmaster.
- The "Grandmaster" that Dr. Finitevus is working with is revealed as Duck "Bill" Platypus, a former Downunda Freedom Fighter.
- Dr. Finitevus is found to be the one responsible for the whole operation on capturing Angel Island.
- This issue was accidentally posted on a Archie Sonic the Hedgehog blog website instead of the Sonic Universe website. A similar mistake was made on StH: #208, as it was posted on the Sonic Universe website instead of the Sonic the Hedgehog. They were apparently mixed up.
- This issue was the final overall release of any kind of Archie Sonic The Hedgehog-related comic book in the decade of the 2000's (2000-2009).
- When the Downunda Freedom Fighters and Chaotix first appear in the cave, they appear alone. It is later shown that Dr. Finitevus was behind Knuckles, making it seem as though he appeared out of nowhere.
- On the cover, Dr. Finitevus's left eyelid is miscolored white.
- When Dr. Finitevus uses a Warp Ring to make Thrash punch Walt, his thumb is on the wrong side. (He used his right hand to punch, but his left hand was shown instead.)
- The Downunda Freedom Fighters reappear in this issue since their last appearance in StH: #125. However, Walt Wallabee also had a brief cameo appearance in Sonic Universe #3.
This issue has been reprinted in the following places:
- Sonic Universe Vol. 3: Knuckles Returns
|Sonic the Hedgehog (StH)||
|Sonic Universe (SU)||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 ||
|Sonic Boom (SB)||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ||
|Sonic X (SX)||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 ||
|Knuckles the Echidna (KtE)||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 ||
|Tie-Ins||Sabrina: 28 | Mega Man: 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 50 | 51 | 52 ||
|Mini-Series||Sonic Miniseries: 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | Sally Miniseries: 1 | 2 | 3 | Tails Miniseries: 1 | 2 | 3 | Knuckles Miniseries: 1 | 2 | 3 | Sonic Quest Miniseries: 1 | 2 | 3 ||
|One-shot Specials||Sonic In Your Face | Sonic & Knuckles | Sonic Triple Trouble | Knuckles' Chaotix | Super Sonic vs Hyper Knuckles | Sonic & Knuckles: Mecha Madness | Sonic Live! | Sonic Blast | Mega Man: Worlds Unite Battles | Sonic the Hedgehog: Worlds Unite Battles | Mega Drive | Sonic: Mega Drive- The Next Level | Sonic: Mega Drive- Overdrive ||
|Sonic Super Specials (SSS)||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 ||
|Free Comic Specials (FCBD/HCF)||Sonic #1/4 | Archie Mini 98 | Archie Mini 99 | Secret Rings | Sonic FCBD 07 | Sonic FCBD 08 | Sonic FCBD 09 | Sonic FCBD 10 | Sonic FCBD 11 | Sonic FCBD 12 | Sonic FCBD 13 | Sonic HCF 13 | Sonic FCBD 14 | SB: Digital | Sonic FCBD 15 | Sonic FCBD 16 ||
|Sonic Super Special Magazine
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 ||
|Sonic Super Digest
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ||
|Reprints & Compilations||Sonic Archives | Sonic Saga Series | Sonic the Hedgehog Graphic Novel Series | Sonic Select | Sonic Universe Graphic Novel Series | Sonic Boom Graphic Novel Series | Knuckles Archives | Sonic Legacy Series | Best of Sonic the Hedgehog | Sonic Comics Spectacular | Sonic/Mega Man: Worlds Collide | Sonic/Mega Man: Worlds Unite | Archie Digital Exclusives | Standalone Graphic Novels ||
|International Versions||France | Germany | United Kingdom ||
|Other||Variant Covers | Sonic Comic Book Packs | Sonic Comic App | Video Games | The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia | Sonic Super Special Magazine Issue 14 (Limited/Unreleased Version) ||