- Previous Issue ←—→ Next Issue
- This issue continues from Sonic the Hedgehog #275 and takes place before Sonic Boom #11
The ALL-NEW Sonic/Mega Man Crossover sequel comes to a chaotic close with "Worlds Unite" Part Twelve: The grand finale to "Worlds Unite" sees our super-powered heroes Sonic and Mega Man face off against the evil Sigma in his final, most lethal form! If that wasn't enough, the Genesis Portal-ravaged reality is falling apart and time is running out to fix it! You don't want to miss the stunning conclusion to the biggest crossover event of the year! Featuring the worlds of STREET FIGHTER, SKIES OF ARCADIA, NiGHTS INTO DREAMS, OKAMI, GHOSTS 'N' GOBLINS, ALEX KIDD and more! Featuring cover art from the legendary T.Rex, a special "SUPER-POWERED" variant by Reilly Brown and the final part of the epic 12-part connecting variant cover series by artist Ben Bates!
Worlds Unite Part Twelve: Last Rights
As the Unified Army are spent, Sigma-3 proceeds to gloat, asking what Super Sonic and Super Armor Mega Man can do to stop him, especially when he was at the cusp of becoming a god. Super Sonic then retorts that it is going to hurt even worse when they knock Sigma off his high horse, with Super Armor Mega Man declaring that his evil ends here and now. Super Sonic attempts to hit Sigma-3 with a Spin Dash while Mega Man shoots, but Sigma-3 proceeded to deflect both with his hands. Zero then angrily laments that they're sitting in the sidelines when they should be doing something. Mega Man X then stated that they at least have Mega Man and Sonic fighting Sigma-3, which is better than nothing. However, Sally Acorn then states that their efforts may not be enough, with Nicole the Holo-Lynx explains that she had scanned the background radiation spectrum and discovered that Sigma's abuse of the Genesis Portals is causing reality to be shredded, meaning even if Sigma is stopped, the damage may be too severe to repair. X then realizes that it means they are not on the sidelines yet and gathers the heroes they gathered with the order to rally to their homeworlds, as they will need to evacuate.
Meanwhile, Dr. Wily, Dr. Eggman, and Xander Payne managed to find the Master Engine. Xander then inquires if they can gain control of the device and stop Sigma, which Wily and Eggman confirm, although it becomes very clear that they are more concerned with rewriting reality to match their desires than actually trying to stop Sigma, despite the readings that reality has catastrophic damage. Xander, however was unhappy with this, realizing full well this meant what he had feared would happen with advanced technology would come to pass. He also realized he has a missing piece to the puzzle, knowing he was supposed to save the world as predicted, but was not sure what it was.
Due to the doctor's meddling, Sigma-3 stops receiving energy from the Master Engine, and as he starts to weaken from the attacks, Super Sonic and Super Armor Mega Man manage to destroy him. Back to the United Army, Sally Acorn while being carried by Vyse yells at everyone to get back to the Delphinus, as they have to get everyone back to their homeworlds. Vyse then states that they will not leave for their homeworlds until making sure everyone left on this world is saved as well. Sally refuses, stating she does not want them to sacrifice themselves like that. Arthur agrees with Vyse, stating they freely volunteer as they came to save lives, with Vyse stating that is exactly what he intends to do as well. NiGHTS then attempts to erase the Genesis Portals with his paraloop abilities, only to discover they have no effect. Around the same time, Amaterasu and Issun attempt to use the power of the celestial brush to destroy the Genesis Portals, only to be met with similar failure, along other powers from the Unite Army members. The damage is so great that not even Super Sonic and Super Armor Mega Man's Chaos Control can fix it.
Back to the Master Engine, Xander points a gun to the doctors to make them get away from it and gets some of its energy to open a Genesis Portal to the past, planning to stop Sigma before he leaves his own world. Wily and Eggman warn him that changing that specific moment could cause a catastrophic temporal collapse, and it would directly affect him and ruin their work. Xander does not care and takes the shot, thanking the doctors for helping him save the worlds and stop their evil plans.
A big flash happens and things return to normal. Mega Man X is surprised, not sure if it was him or someone else who shot Sigma, and their mission is considered a success. Sonic, Mega Man, Dr. Wily, Dr. Eggman and Xander appear to be the only ones from their worlds to remember, in a messed and fragmented way, what occurred, the blue heroes being thankful to each other and the doctors thinking that they may be lucky the next time. Worried, Sonic calls Shadow the Hedgehog from the Sky Patrol and sees that he is fine, Mega Man arrives at Light Labs with the materials he went to buy for Guts Man, Dr. Eggman decides to postpone his invasion to the Lost Hex, and Dr. Wily is in Mr. X's hideout, where he realizes Mr. X's true identity.
Sticks the Badger tells her friends the adventure she had (with her friends not believing her), while Comedy Chimp and Fastidious Beaver are still shaking from severe trauma and glad to be back home. Sticks believes everyone is fine and returned to their own worlds, but most won't remember what happened. However, Genesis Portals still exist, and Sticks believes that there may be a nexus to them. The story ends showing a strange world with several Genesis Portals near it.
On the Comedy Chimp Show, Comedy Chimp recalls that he came back from a trip from another dimension, and he claims he discovered another comic, he welcomes Mega Man, who is slightly nervous. He taps into the microphone, then the microphone makes a screeching noise. He says that he not sure why Comedy Chimp calls him a comedian and states that he's a hero. Momma Robotnik and the Tails Doll feel very excited, the Mega Man of Captain N The Game Master holds up a sign, and Comedy Chimp as well says that he loves "Mega" humor.
- Super Sonic and Super Mega Man destroy Sigma-3 after defeating him in combat.
- Reality inexorably begins to disintegrate due to Sigma's abuse of the Genesis Portals.
- Xander Payne betrays Eggman and Wily and opens a Genesis Portal to the moment where Sigma escaped Earth 21XX to the Lost Hex; via the portal, he destroys Sigma's virus form.
- As a result of Xander's actions, the crossover's events are prevented from occurring.
- The fight between Silver and Vile is revealed to still have taken place.
- Sonic, Rock/Mega Man, Sticks, and the evil doctors are shown to remember each other and their experiences.
- Wily prepares to start working for Mr. X, who is heavily implied to be Xander.
- Eggman decides not to invade the Lost Hex for the time being.
- Back in the Sonic Boom Zone, Sticks tells Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy about her adventures.
- Sticks theorizes that all worlds/zones are connected to each other via a "nexus" of sorts.
- Sigma: What do the two of you think you can do to win against me? I command the power of worlds. I am on the cusp of becoming a god.
- Super Sonic: Then it's gonna hurt even worse when we knock you off your high horse!
- Super Mega Man: Your evil ends right here, right now!
- Xander Payne: Risk undoing all your evil? Risk creating realities where your technology doesn't threaten us all? Sounds good to me. Thanks for helping me save the worlds, doctors!
- Axl: What'd I miss? What'd I miss?!
- Zero: X already took down Sigma for us!
- Axl: Aww, no fair! I wanted a shot at him!
- Sonic: Shadow! You're okay!
- Shadow: Hmph. Why wouldn't I be?
- Sonic: I...just had a funny feeling. Nevermind. (To himself) I don't know what just happened, but...thanks, Mega Man.
- Dr. Eggman: I guess another plan failed, whatever it was. Better luck next time, Al.
- Dr. Wily: My thoughts are all muddled. I'm not sure exactly what happened to me. All I know is we'll get them next time, Eggy...
- Rock/Mega Man: I feel like I've helped out in a big way. I'm just not sure how. Still...thanks for being there, Sonic.
- Boom Sonic (skeptically): Oh, sure. I turn gold and fly around all the time!
- Boom Amy: Anyway--now that you're back, what do you suppose happened to everyone else?
- Sticks: Oh, I figured everyone got blasted back to their own worlds. They probably don't remember it at all because of all the time-travel wibbley-wobbley. But you can't mess with the gooey essence of everything like that without changes happening, y'know? I bet there's still Genesis Portals out there! And there's probably even more worlds to explore! And I bet'cha at the middle of it all is some sort of nexus!
- This is the only issue of the crossover not to have its main cover drawn by Patrick Spaziante.
- The retcon of the crossover jumps Sonic's timeline back to somewhere around Sonic the Hedgehog #272. According to Ian Flynn, everything in that issue and Sonic Universe #75 goes on to still happen as usual in the retconned timeline except for the Lost Hex scenes, as Eggman decides not to invade the planetoid for the time being.
- This issue marks the second appearance of the main Sonic Boom cast in the crossover, as well as the first time they've appeared in a title other than Sonic Boom.
- Super Mega Man's biggest charge shot resembles the "spirit bomb" from Dragon Ball Z series.
- It is unknown how Sticks, Chimp and Fastidious retained their memories of the event after the paradox.
- The hint that Dr. X is actually Xander Payne would go on to be confirmed as true in the next Mega Man issue: after initiating the paradox, Payne was thrown several years into the past, from which point he remained and later aged into the doctor.