- Previous Issue ←—→ Next Issue
- This issue takes place between Sonic the Hedgehog #250 and Sonic Universe #54
The most anticipated crossover event of 2013 rolls on with "When Worlds Collide" Part Ten of Twelve! We enter the final assault as Sonic, Tails, Mega Man and Rush storm the Wily Egg to end the dastardly duo of doctors' plans! Speaking of "duos," what's that entering Earth's atmosphere? Can it help Sonic and Mega Man fend off the Mega Man Killers? How about a Chaos Devil? Featuring more new cover art from the legendary Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante and a special look at the cover process with a super special “pencil, ink, color” sketch variant!
"Worlds Collide"- Part 10 of 12, "No Holds Barred"
The issue opens with Dr. Light falling towards certain death in the depths of a huge crater. In desperation, Mega Man sends out a distress signal, hysterically begging for someone to save him. Tails suggests to a frantic Sonic that he could run out there, but the fact that he is falling directly into the crater makes him unable to save the doomed Doctor. As Dr. Light begins his final descent, he looks at Mega Man, closes his eyes, and, shedding a tear, apologizes as he prepares to face the inevitable. However, just before he hits the ground, Shadow uses Chaos Control to teleport him to the battlegrounds as the Robot Master fight continues. Dr. Light speaks to Mega Man through Proto Man's helmet and says that he has to stop the evil doctors and destroy the Wily Egg. As Sonic, Tails, Mega Man, and Rush teleport aboard the battle station, Dr. Light himself (still wearing Proto Man's helmet) joins in the battle against the Robot Masters using a makshift Mega Buster arm cannon, though not before he is reunited with Rouge. Back at Light Labs, Roll is configuring a warp ring for Duo, who is teleported to the Robot Master battlefield and told by Dr. Light that he is needed in the Wily Egg.
Aboard the Wily Egg, Dr. Eggman comes back to check on the battle, where he finds Dr. Wily is NOT happy at his partner's attempt to kill Dr. Light. Eggman quickly retorts that Wily hates Dr. Light; Wily acknowledges this, but he wishes to see him merely embarrassed, humbled, and defeated, not murdered. Bass informs them of Sonic and Mega Man entering the Wily Egg, so they dispatch the Mega Man Killers, along with Bass and Metal Sonic, to occupy them while they get their final weapon online. At this point, Wily sees Eggman for the megalomaniac that he is, while Eggman sees Wily as weak for wanting to spare Dr. Light. Both doctors then remark about how they will try to finish each other off once the Egg-Wily-Machine X is completed.
Inside the Wily Egg, Sonic, Mega Man, Tails, and Rush encounter the Mega Man Killers and a fight begins. Sonic fights Punk, who he discovers has a move similar to his own Spin Dash (to which he shouts "Stop, Stealing, My, Moves!!!"). Enker battles Tails and Rush, while Mega Man tries to reason with Ballade, stating he once sacrificed himself to save Mega Man, but Ballade doesn't know what he is talking about and demands that Mega Man fight him. Mega Man reasons that Ballade was time-cloned from the point in time before his change of heart, confusing himself further with the concept of time-travel. Sonic tricks Punk into crashing into Enker, destroying the latter. Then, as Mega Man destroys Punk, Sonic and Tails try to Spin-Dash Ballade. However, only Sonic lands a hit, while Tails ends up Spin-Dashing straight into a grenade launched from Ballade's arm cannon. Tails survives the resulting explosion, but is burned to a frazzle. As Mega Man destroys Ballade, Sonic rushes to Tails' side in severe panic. Tails' condition prompts Sonic and Mega Man to have Rush fly him out of the Wily Egg so he can receive medical attention, even though none of their teammates know first-aid. Before the blue heroes part ways with their sidekicks, Tails tells Sonic to "give 'em one" for him.
Now on their own, Sonic and Mega Man continue through the Wily Egg as the battle between their friends (minus the wounded Tails, who is being watched over by Rush and a fretful Amy) and the Robot Master army continues raging outside; Rouge, in particular, delights in stealing jewels off of Jewel Man. Sonic and Mega Man encounter the Chaos Devil, which Mega Man recognizes as recognizing the Devil robots from his world, but does not know what the water-like energy surrounding it is; Sonic recognizes this energy as similar to that which Chaos consisted of. They engage the creature in combat, but their "aim-for-the-eye" strategy only results in Mega Man being pinned down by one of the Chaos Devil's tentacles, and Sonic drowning after getting stuck in its head. Luckily, Duo arrives, saves the blue heroes, and lends them some of his strength to replenish their own. He then sends them on their way while he deals with the Chaos Devil. Duo senses Chaos' benevolent nature being corrupted by the Devil Core, and promises to purge the creature of his conflicting emotions as the battle resumes.
In the last leg of their trek through the Wily Egg, Sonic and Mega Man pass through various Wily/Eggman themed checkpoints before coming across an Eggman/Wily boss door. On the other side, they notice that the lights are turned off, but as soon as they turn on, the two are immediately attacked by Metal Sonic, Bass, and Bass's dog, Treble, who are more than ready for a fight...
In another entry from the Eggman and Wily Failed Concepts files, the doctors unveil another Roboticized Master: Big Man. They then command him to go forth and "do what [he] do[es] best." Obediently, he goes fishing, and catches Jaws.
- Dr. Wily: You've gone too far, Ivo. The situation is bad enough, but then you try to kill Thomas...? I see you for what you are. We'll finish the Egg-Wily Machine X, and then it will finish YOU.
- Dr. Eggman: I had such hope for you, Albert. But you have shown your weakness. We'll complete the Egg-Wily Machine X, but it won't do YOU any good.
- Sonic (engaged in a Spin-Dash clash with Punk): STOP, STEALING, MY, MOVES!
- Mega Man: Ballade! Stop! You self-destructed to save me once, remember?
- Ballade: I have no idea what you're talking about! Now stand and fight me like a man!
- Duo (commenting on the Skull Egg Zone to Mega Man and Sonic): This dimension is a parasite, killing both your worlds. You must find a way to restore them--balance them--or there will be dire consequences.
- Duo (to the Chaos Devil): I sense evil--but also nobility. You are a creature conflicted. I will purge the evil from you.
- Mega Man (standing before the Eggman/Wily boss door with Sonic): This is it.
- Sonic: You're sure?
- Mega Man: Believe me, I've gone through enough of these doors to know.
- Bass: The doctors can't see you now. I, on the other hand, have been REALLY looking forward to this!
- Shadow saves Dr. Light from his long fall.
- The evil doctors' friendship gets severed because of what Eggman did to Light.
- Duo gets transported to the Skull Egg Zone.
- Sonic, Tails, Mega Man and Rush head inside the Wily Egg, and get attacked by the Mega Man Killers.
- Tails gets seriously wounded by Mega Man Killer, Ballade, and is taken out of the Wily Egg by Rush.
- Duo heads inside the Wily Egg just in time to help Sonic and Mega Man fight the Chaos Devil.
- Sonic and Mega Man get attacked by Metal Sonic, Bass and Treble.
- This is the last Mega Man issue in Archie Sonic canon until #50 (part 4 of Worlds Unite).
- References are made to several Sonic and Mega Man games throughout the issue: Tails reminds Sonic that he's endured worse injuries, such as in the Launch Base Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog 3), Sonic tells Mega Man about the Wisps (Sonic Colors), and, in response to Mega Man's question, recalled how he originally defeated Chaos in Sonic Adventure.
- Several Mega Man and Sonic characters appear as Sonic, Mega Man, and Duo make their way through the Wily Egg, including: Big the Cat, Quint, the Mad Grinder miniboss from Mega Man, a Sniper Joe, and various robotic minions from both franchises. Curiously, a Goomba from Super Mario Bros. can also be seen amongst the minions.
- In order to hack into the Wily Egg for entry, Tails uses the MilesElectric, a computer he built and used in Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors, and Sonic Lost World.
- When Sonic refers to the events of the game Sonic Adventure, the footnote directs the reader to Sonic Super Special Magazine #2, which reprinted selections from the comics in-universe (Pre-Super Genesis Wave Timeline) adaptation, which could not possibly be canon to the reset "Worlds Collide" version of Sonic's World. This is changed to direct the reader to the actual Sonic Adventure game in subsiquent reprintings.
- Another footnote refers to the game Sonic the Hedgehog 3 as "Sonic III".
This issue has been reprinted in the following places: